emfleek -vs- gsquat (avatar bet)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » emfleek -vs- gsquat (avatar bet)
POLL: Who wins?
emfleek (Liddell) 71% (30)
gsquat (Evans) 29% (12)
emfleek
8/12/08 11:39:14AM
UFC 88 Avatar Bet

emfleek (Chuck Liddell)
gsquat (Rashad Evans)
SmileR
8/12/08 11:41:35AM
How the hell did you get someone to bet against Chuck in this fight?!
Fleek you got this one in the bag!
Khaos
8/12/08 11:43:05AM
Although it is possible for Rashad to win, I'm going with Emfleek and Liddell.
Ordep
8/12/08 11:43:41AM
just a quick reminder to gsquat:

I'm right after eemfleek for your next av. bet.... Machida vs T. Silva, so prepare for a long time with appointed avatars
grappler0000
8/12/08 11:44:04AM
Chuck made a career out of KO'ing wrestlers...Chuck will beat him with one thumb tied behind his back.
Mayhem13
8/12/08 11:50:49AM
Emfleek you got this yo!!!!

and for people looking for AV bets...I have a pretty interesting one open in the MMAPLAYGROUND part under Ho_bags thread...sign up against me ..NOW!!!!

Twenty20Dollars
8/12/08 12:09:44PM
Im suprised liddell isnt more heavily favored. Chuck is stronger, taller and i dont think rashad will be able to take liddell down and rashad is smaller and will just get eaten up by the counter striking.
emfleek
8/12/08 1:04:27PM

Posted by SmileR

Fleek you got this one in the bag!

'Twas his idea way back when the fight was announced the first time, prior to Chuck's injury.
fullerene
8/12/08 1:18:28PM
Liddell is the smart pick--more experienced, more accomplished, a bigger guy, an equivalent wrestler and a better puncher.

But Evans is a guy I feel is destined to be a top fighter. I can't recommend anybody else bets on him, but I will.
gsquat
8/12/08 2:55:20PM

Posted by Ordep

just a quick reminder to gsquat:

I'm right after eemfleek for your next av. bet.... Machida vs T. Silva, so prepare for a long time with appointed avatars

Ha. Yeah yeah. We'll see. It'd be a shame to let the avatars I have planned for you guys go to waste. I don't think Rashad or Machida will let me down.
SpiderSilva
8/12/08 5:53:39PM
good luck em

sorry gsq Rashad is about to find out he can't beat the Iceman
gsquat
8/12/08 6:14:31PM
Rashad could beat Chuck by himself. But Liddell is gonna have to rematch somebody he just lost to... Greg Jackson.
SpiderSilva
8/12/08 8:41:46PM
Jardine was known for his hard leg kicks before Chuck Rashad has been known to LnP or tie a broken Tito Rashad has never been known for his leg kicks
Aether
8/12/08 10:24:41PM
I doubt greg jackson is going to be able to change rashad's style so dramatically that he outstrikes chuck. He MIGHT be able to take him down (with great difficulty) but if he eventually does chuck will just stand right back up. I have a hard time seeing any way for chuck to lose this fight.
jiujitsufreak74
8/12/08 11:28:42PM
i'll sum it up pretty simply:

-Chuck has made his career off of beating wrestlers/grapplers (Tito, Randy, Babalu, Horn, etc..)

+

-Rashad isn't even the best wrestler Chuck has faced

+

-Rashad went to a draw with Tito and fought at an even level where as Chuck outclassed Tito in each fight (not using MMAth but rather comparing the level they fought at against Tito)

=

Chuck scores a TKO over Rashad and Emfleek wins yet another avatar bet...
gsquat
8/13/08 10:07:45AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

-Chuck has made his career off of beating wrestlers/grapplers (Tito, Randy, Babalu, Horn, etc..)

+

+

-Rashad went to a draw with Tito and fought at an even level where as Chuck outclassed Tito in each fight (not using MMAth but rather comparing the level they fought at against Tito)

=

Sounds like MMAth to me.
SpiderSilva
8/13/08 4:06:21PM

+

+

=

right on the money if your thinking any diff your thinking too hard
Aether
8/13/08 10:19:11PM

Posted by gsquat

+

+

=

Sounds like MMAth to me.

It's not MMAth because he isn't saying "tito beats rashad and chuck beats tito therefore chuck beats rashad" he's comparing the performances of 2 fighters with very similar styles and offering other points to support his comparison. It's a legitimate argument.

It's not MMAth if you're making a comparison as a single point in a larger coherent argument. It's MMAth when you don't bother to offer any analysis other than fighter a beats fighter b fighter b beats fighter c thus a beats c. (because it's like a simplistic math formula)
jiujitsufreak74
8/14/08 12:53:12AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by gsquat

Sounds like MMAth to me.

It's not MMAth because he isn't saying "tito beats rashad and chuck beats tito therefore chuck beats rashad" he's comparing the performances of 2 fighters with very similar styles and offering other points to support his comparison. It's a legitimate argument.

It's not MMAth if you're making a comparison as a single point in a larger coherent argument. It's MMAth when you don't bother to offer any analysis other than fighter a beats fighter b fighter b beats fighter c thus a beats c. (because it's like a simplistic math formula)

exactly, although i guess adding the plus and equal signs really didn't help in tying to show that i really wasn't using MMAth
nastshabast
8/14/08 5:47:42PM
I'm with gsquat on this one. Chuck E Cheese is goin down. Gonna be a great fight.
emfleek
9/30/08 10:49:17AM
Finally...today's the last day for me to sport this friggin' avatar!!!

'Twas fun, gsquat. I'll definitely be wanting a rematch, though!
MMA_Alex
9/30/08 11:44:02AM
That avatar was probably the most effective avatar ever in an avatar bet. People actually thought you seriously loved Kimbo.
emfleek
9/30/08 11:50:34AM

Posted by MMA_Alex

That avatar was probably the most effective avatar ever in an avatar bet. People actually thought you seriously loved Kimbo.

Agreed. I received probably 10 PM's questioning the avatar. Not to mention the numerous times I was flamed in 'public' for having the avatar. Kudos to gsquat for coming up with the idea.
Ordep
9/30/08 12:50:35PM

hey gsquat.... our Thiago-Machida is still on when they re-schedule it right?