Emelianenko Floors Arlovski With One Punch In First Round

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Emelianenko Floors Arlovski With One Punch In First Round
Next Page »
nastshabast
1/25/09 1:14:18PM
motorboatensob
1/25/09 1:33:52PM
It was the only punch he landed.
ThePitbull1
1/25/09 2:01:55PM
IMO Andrei is not going to have much success as a pro boxer...
Freddy Roach needs to get out of the MMA picture
Chuteboxer
1/25/09 4:36:35PM
Yeah; so much for Roach being any help to Andrei. I just hope Arlovski can come back from this and either come back to the UFC or something like that. Fedor's just too good.
cmill21
1/25/09 5:17:09PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Which makes it all the more impressive
Gipper
1/25/09 5:50:32PM
there are a few idiot comments on here so far.......at the end of the day fedor shocked the mma world once again. arlovski looked great for 3 and a half minutes against the top pound for pound fighter in the world then he decided to try to highlight real fedor which in return aa got highlight realed himself. you can't knock arlovski for trying something exciting to finish the fight and you can't knock fedor for losing the fight up to that point because look what he ended up doing. props to both fighters ....... they came to fight and both put it all on the line by swinging for the fences early. arlovski is still the no.2 hw in my eyes.
motorboatensob
1/25/09 5:55:13PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

Come on you had to watch the fight as much as I like Chuck Liddell I still know when he gets his a!! whooped. It wasn't impressive it was a lucky shot how was it lucky he wasn't even looking at him when he through it. Up till the point he landed that shot he wasn't even in the fight AA was picking him a part. Being able to recognize that is the difference between a fan of someone and a nutthugger.
Jackelope
1/25/09 6:10:32PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

Come on you had to watch the fight as much as I like Chuck Liddell I still know when he gets his a!! whooped. It wasn't impressive it was a lucky shot how was it lucky he wasn't even looking at him when he through it. Up till the point he landed that shot he wasn't even in the fight AA was picking him a part. Being able to recognize that is the difference between a fan of someone and a nutthugger.

Anybody who has trained for more than a day in his life would know that when you throw an overhand right you don't keep your head up and look at your opponent. Throwing your head down and to the side is where you generate the power, and if you were to keep your head up your chin would be in outer space and you'd get KTFO.

Anyway, nice try, but the point you're missing is it was the right punch at the right time, and its not often that people who train their entire lives to fight "get lucky". Generally it's something they see, because.. you know.. they've been putting in the work for the last year upon year upon year to see that stuff.

Andrei looked fantastic, and he was doing what I thought he might do- stop Fedor on the way in with crisp boxing combos. I still picked Fedor in rd 1, though, because just like Fedor apparently knew I figured Andrei was prone to making mistakes. What did he do when he got Rothwell in the corner like that? Jumped and threw a flying knee. Fedor waited, and capitalized. That's what good fighters do.

Oh yeah, people who know their **** also know what an overhand right looks like
soundboy1
1/25/09 6:44:01PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

Fedor has been "lucky" too many times to just write this off. He has never been submitted or knocked out. Just accept the fact that he is the best ever.
cmill21
1/25/09 6:56:48PM

Posted by motorboatensob

So Nogueria got lucky against Cro Cop? If every fighter that loses for what 3 minuets max wins and is labeled as lucky then there are alot of lucky guys out there.
Aether
1/25/09 7:08:16PM
I find it funny because this happens all of the time. Fighters frequently get outpointed for a while and then come back with an amazing finish and no one ever chalks it up to luck... Was alan belcher lucky against Kang or did he pull of a BEAUTIFUL submission when given an opening to do so?

Was Scott Smith lucky when he ate that liver shot and answered it with a brutal KO or did a good fighter simply capitalize on a huge opening?

This happens ALL OF THE TIME. It never has anything to do with luck, it has to do with a person who trains basically their entire lives to recognize mistakes and take advantage of them instantly.
Greene33
1/25/09 7:53:42PM
Calling it a lucky punch is a bunch of crap, you could see Fedor recognize the opening when Arlovski drops his hands. Fedor didnt look great before that but all he needed was one mistake by Arlovski.
crushedbacon
1/25/09 8:39:41PM

He wasn't even in the fight, AA was picking him apart??? Clearly you have an agenda here.....discrediting Fedor and his abilities the obvious objective. Even if logic doesn't apply to your argument whatsoever, you remain persistent. However an avalanche of knowledge and reason has caved your argument in......nice work peeps.....By your logic Cote was owning Anderson Silva then too....LOL not one muffin Arlovski threw had any effect on Fedor. So being a head on points 3 minutes into the first round because of activity doesn't qualify as dominating. Dominating is an overhand sledgehammer that clips your opponent in mid air and leaves him drooling on the mat unconscious.
Drudinh
1/26/09 2:16:30AM
I though after AA was sleeping on the mat all the Fedor haters would be silenced. Once again I was wrong to assume such a thing.
SaskQUATCH
1/26/09 3:00:03AM
I watched the fight over 10x in slow motion and 1/5 of AA strikes actually connected with anything. Also the only real two strikes that really connected Fedor was to his left bicep and the front body kick that lead up to the KO. I believe when Fedor stated he was fine I believe him as he was put in more difficult situations than this and came out of it on top. Also AA always has ups and downs he is back on his way down again for awhile and I am sure he will come back up.
mrsmiley
1/26/09 4:59:57AM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

wtf?

How can you say that was a lucky shot?
Fedor aimed at his head,and nearly took it off.
AA's shots didn't land as great as you're thinking they did.
Rewatch the fight again and then come back and give an honest explanation for why you would still believe this.AA did a great job for sure,and took it to Fedor,but regardless of the Knee or not,I believe Fedor would have took him regardless.
Aether
1/26/09 5:06:34AM

Posted by Drudinh

I though after AA was sleeping on the mat all the Fedor haters would be silenced. Once again I was wrong to assume such a thing.

Doesn't matter how many people he KTFO in the first round, there will always be piles of excuses for why he's not the best, how he got lucky, how he doesn't fight top competition, or he doesn't fight frequently enough, or he fought cans in PRIDE, or the moon aligned with the earth and the sun in just such a way that the lunar pull threw his opponent slightly off balance and he would've lost if that didn't happen at that exact moment.

I know, it's retarded, but it won't ever end, don't bother hoping. I came to the same conclusion after he demolished Tim and the "he only fights cans" excuses changed to all kinds of other excuses. I just make my arguments, some people will agree and others will not. Not much else you can do. Fedor does a good enough job of defending himself every time he steps into the ring anyway, he doesn't need us.
Drudinh
1/26/09 7:27:18AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by Drudinh

Doesn't matter how many people he KTFO in the first round, there will always be piles of excuses for why he's not the best, how he got lucky, how he doesn't fight top competition, or he doesn't fight frequently enough, or he fought cans in PRIDE, or the moon aligned with the earth and the sun in just such a way that the lunar pull threw his opponent slightly off balance and he would've lost if that didn't happen at that exact moment.

I know, it's retarded, but it won't ever end, don't bother hoping. I came to the same conclusion after he demolished Tim and the "he only fights cans" excuses changed to all kinds of other excuses. I just make my arguments, some people will agree and others will not. Not much else you can do. Fedor does a good enough job of defending himself every time he steps into the ring anyway, he doesn't need us.

or the moon aligned with the earth and the sun in just such a way that the lunar pull threw his opponent slightly off balance and he would've lost if that didn't happen at that exact moment.

all proped out otherwise you would get anotherone for that laugh instead i guess
tomp6581
1/26/09 8:05:32AM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

ha ha

You come across as a hater and not very impartial.

Andre was out pointing Fedor in a fight that hadnt really got going. Neither fighter was in trouble untill Arlovski got ko'd. THAT is a fair reflection.

Up untill Big john separated them in the clinch, it was even. It was only after that did Andre CLEARLY show more success in the stand up.

If a fighter aims, throws and lands a punch. It isnt luck. Either way, Fedor wins...again.
RampageOwnedYou
1/26/09 12:03:34PM
What happened to all the AA nuthuggers? Seems like they have taken the road to shame, rather then speak.

I loved it, Fedor just showed why he is the best. To the people who doubted him, SHAME on you!!!!
colescar
1/26/09 2:50:38PM
Its funny how the people discrediting Fedor are so vocal after he wins. Its like, if he wasnt the best fighter there is they wouldn't do this.

telnights
1/26/09 3:09:03PM
I'm not going to say Fedor got lucky because it was clear he was waiting for AA to do just what he did. Now AA made huge mistake by thinking he could rush in hands down and through a flying knee. You just don't do that with anyone that has speed and power like Fedor. I really thought AA would do just what he was doing and that's picking Fedor apart but he chose to be over aggressive and flashy and payed for it.
DaBeatdown
1/26/09 3:47:56PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

Your grammar is terrible, didn't do well in English class huh?
motorboatensob
1/27/09 6:57:48PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

Anybody who has trained for more than a day in his life would know that when you throw an overhand right you don't keep your head up and look at your opponent. Throwing your head down and to the side is where you generate the power, and if you were to keep your head up your chin would be in outer space and you'd get KTFO.

Anyway, nice try, but the point you're missing is it was the right punch at the right time, and its not often that people who train their entire lives to fight "get lucky". Generally it's something they see, because.. you know.. they've been putting in the work for the last year upon year upon year to see that stuff.

Andrei looked fantastic, and he was doing what I thought he might do- stop Fedor on the way in with crisp boxing combos. I still picked Fedor in rd 1, though, because just like Fedor apparently knew I figured Andrei was prone to making mistakes. What did he do when he got Rothwell in the corner like that? Jumped and threw a flying knee. Fedor waited, and capitalized. That's what good fighters do.

I can see from all of your post you make on here you must have all the time in the world to study every punch right from the comfort of your computer chair. Try not hitting the keys so much and get to the gym a little more then try speaking from experience. You might through the over hand right for a knee but you don't close your eyes and hope for the best.

I give Fedor all the credit in the world he is a great fighter just because he is a great fighter that doesn't put him above stating what is in plain sight.
soundboy1
1/27/09 10:45:45PM
When was the last time you saw someone get knocked out cold while throwing a flying knee? Name one instance.
Greene33
1/27/09 10:57:40PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

I can see from all of your post you make on here you must have all the time in the world to study every punch right from the comfort of your computer chair. Try not hitting the keys so much and get to the gym a little more then try speaking from experience. You might through the over hand right for a knee but you don't close your eyes and hope for the best.

I give Fedor all the credit in the world he is a great fighter just because he is a great fighter that doesn't put him above stating what is in plain sight.

does your head fit up your ass normally, or do you have to lube it up first?

At no point does Fedor close his eyes and throw a blind overhand right that somehow finds its target right on the button. To assume this makes you a complete idiot.
Jackelope
1/27/09 10:58:22PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

I'm not going to throw a warning your way for making a judgement error and trying to personally insult a mod, (I'm not a chicken @#$@ like that) but I guarantee you I put in plenty of hours of training, LOL. Anybody who knows me on this forum and off of this forum can attest to that. Besides- don't you think Fedor and several other pros would be a better judge of how to throw a punch properly? I mean- to say that Fedor doesn't know how to throw a punch and that he got lucky is kind of an assanine comment, isn't it? Amassing a 30-1 record against the very best opponents in the world, defeating 7 former UFC champs (if I remember the number correctly) and knocking the block off of Arlovski most recently- don't you think he's put in a little time training? I dunno, call me crazy

Again, as for my own personal experience I don't believe I earned the top trainer badge, the scars and fitness in real life, or the friendships I have with several pro fighters "punching a key board"

motorboatensob
1/28/09 4:04:15PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by cmill21

Posted by motorboatensob

I'm not going to throw a warning your way for making a judgement error and trying to personally insult a mod, (I'm not a chicken @#$@ like that) but I guarantee you I put in plenty of hours of training, LOL. Anybody who knows me on this forum and off of this forum can attest to that. Besides- don't you think Fedor and several other pros would be a better judge of how to throw a punch properly? I mean- to say that Fedor doesn't know how to throw a punch and that he got lucky is kind of an assanine comment, isn't it? Amassing a 30-1 record against the very best opponents in the world, defeating 7 former UFC champs (if I remember the number correctly) and knocking the block off of Arlovski most recently- don't you think he's put in a little time training? I dunno, call me crazy

Again, as for my own personal experience I don't believe I earned the top trainer badge, the scars and fitness in real life, or the friendships I have with several pro fighters "punching a key board"

What ever. I never once said any thing about Fedors ability he is the best in the world but just because he is the best in the world doesn't mean he couldn't be losing a fight up to a point. When this all started my point was it looked like AA had the formula to beat him. As for your personal life don't tell me what I don't know and I'll do the same. No hard feelings my point was I thought he was getting beat up till the last punch.
Jackelope
1/28/09 9:57:20PM
My problem was that you said

I never once said Fedor was winning the whole fight. I said Andrei was stopping him on the way in with crisp boxing combos, and that Fedor adjusted and waited for the mistake. When it came he capitalized. You can clearly see in the .gif's that Andrei drops his hands to waist level and as soon as he does that Fedor throws the overhand right. It hits on the spot, and the rest is history. There's no luck involved with that. The guy dropped his guard, and Fedor threw the hardest possible punch and put it right down the hatch.

Anyway there are never any hard feelings with me. I'm a pretty evenly balanced dude. One thing I will never hesitate to do is correct someone when they are making completely untrue statements and speaking in an authoritative tone when they are clearly not an expert on the subject. So if you sensed hostility, it was aimed at that attitude, not at you specifically.
motorboatensob
1/29/09 12:13:17AM
That's cool I don't think any of us are experts and I never clam to be.
Pages: [1] 2