Elvis Sinosic?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Elvis Sinosic?
BadSanta
4/12/07 2:06:04AM
I know that the UFC wants Bisping to win on his home turf but did they need to make it so obvious? Elvis "Human Punching Bag" Sinosic has more losses than wins in his MMA career and I can't remember the last time he won in the UFC.

If they want Bisping to be a UFC star, shouldn't they make him earn it by facing serious challenges?
Mastodon2
4/12/07 6:11:22AM
Like you say, its the easy win.

On the promos, Mike Golberg announced Bisping's opponent as the "Ever tough- ElVis Sinosic". He sure dont look that tough to me!
hippysmacker
4/12/07 7:02:14AM
While I highly doubt it will happen, this is the year of the upset. Pride probably had Sokoudjou there to lose to Lil Nog , and look what happened. Showcasing fighter's to build them doesn't bother me , as long as the fight's entertaining. Sinosic isn't a top fighter , but at least he's usually willing to bring it. So even though I bet and picked Bisping, I've been shocked a lot in the last year. The good thing is it's got to make fighter's avoid looking past someone
nate22
4/12/07 9:38:22AM
Obviously the UFC don't want their poster boy and UK rep to lose in his first fight on home soil so they are giving him an easy fight, again. Absolute standard really.
www-WeLoan-us
4/12/07 9:48:10AM
The good thing about the UFC ANYTHING can happen...GSP vs Sierra, but I still think Bisping definitly wals away with a win. Elvis 's one good win was against Jeremy Horn. I agree with Hippy as long as he brings it who cares...
methodman_90
4/12/07 10:00:12AM
Like Joe Rogan said its a good fight to make Bisping look good. Elvis gave Forrest a good fight standing and I belive Bisping has better standup than Forrest so I can see Bisping knocking him out but he better be prepared to defend the takedown attempt from Elvis.
keith-hackney1
4/12/07 10:43:55AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Like you say, its the easy win.

On the promos, Mike Golberg announced Bisping's opponent as the "Ever tough- ElVis Sinosic". He sure dont look that tough to me!

Bisping has the edge without a doubt, he's the next big thing in the eyes of dana and the ufc, Sinosec only ever faced the best in the ufc and thats probebly one of the reasons he never made it big. Bisping vs sinosec is a test for our brit because elvis has been around in the game along time and is experienced enough to make bisping use all his skills to win. Sinosec has won his last 4 fights on the trot so he's in shape, very experienced and i believe dangerous. He's got a golden chance to get his name back in the ufc. No one gave serra a chance and look what happened. theres no easy fight anymore. Fighters are so much better prepared than back in the old days so no fight can be called unless you get crocop vs sanchez in every event.
randyleprechaun
4/12/07 1:01:32PM

Posted by nate22

Obviously the UFC don't want their poster boy and UK rep to lose in his first fight on home soil so they are giving him an easy fight, again. Absolute standard really.

Yeah they are taking the forrest griffin route with him. Bisping by k-o in round 1.
richieb19
4/12/07 1:23:22PM
I wouldnt count Sinosic out so quick, he's tough as nails and his ground game is solid... In reference to the threadstarters comment about him having a losing record, 1st of all what does that matter, and secondly 2 of those losses come from cuts... you can't forget that this is the guy that armbarred Horn...

Personally I understand that Bisping is the heavy favorite, and with good reason... but I'm picking Sinosic as the upset of the night if he comes in ready...
SteedTheDeed
4/12/07 1:49:27PM
sinosic via flying armbar
GhettoRedneck
4/12/07 2:11:14PM

Posted by BadSanta

I know that the UFC wants Bisping to win on his home turf but did they need to make it so obvious? Elvis "Human Punching Bag" Sinosic has more losses than wins in his MMA career and I can't remember the last time he won in the UFC.

If they want Bisping to be a UFC star, shouldn't they make him earn it by facing serious challenges?

Yea your right. It would be funny as heck if bisbing lost though
BerndRealBad
4/12/07 2:31:53PM

Posted by nate22

Obviously the UFC don't want their poster boy and UK rep to lose in his first fight on home soil so they are giving him an easy fight, again.

Michael Bisping is the UFC's poster boy? Since?
VanellaL47
4/12/07 2:43:43PM
Elvis "The Human Punching Bag" hahahaha that made my day...very true though.
chentay2112
4/12/07 3:33:45PM
as long as he makes a fight out of it i dont mind who the UFC put bisping in against
Ultimate_fighter
4/12/07 6:36:48PM

Posted by BadSanta

No kiddin, look what they did to swick... made him fight a hard fight in his home turf, to bad he lost...
Gladiator
4/12/07 7:08:21PM
bisping should fight lyoto machida, u cant tell me that wouldnt be a good fight
Rush
4/12/07 7:08:56PM
Elvis' record is not as bad as it suggests. At least half of his losses were to some top fighters. He does have a win over Horn too.

However, he is at best an average fighter and should get out of the game. I think once you hit 10-20 fights and have a losing record, it's time to hang up the gloves.
BadSanta
4/13/07 3:54:45AM

Posted by Rush

Elvis' record is not as bad as it suggests. At least half of his losses were to some top fighters. He does have a win over Horn too.

However, he is at best an average fighter and should get out of the game. I think once you hit 10-20 fights and have a losing record, it's time to hang up the gloves.

I hope he's getting some respectable $$ for being a sacrificial lamb in these fights.
nate22
4/13/07 8:05:01AM
Who are we to say when somebody should hang up their gloves? Even if I was the worse fighter, doesn't necessairly mean i'd want to get out of the game.
hippysmacker
4/13/07 1:09:06PM

Posted by nate22

Who are we to say when somebody should hang up their gloves? Even if I was the worse fighter, doesn't necessairly mean i'd want to get out of the game.

I agree. Elvis may not be a top guy, but at least he brings it. I'd rather watch him throw down for 3 minutes than watch Marqaurdt/Salaverry anytime.
Rush
4/13/07 1:30:47PM

Posted by nate22

I'm not saying he'd want to get out of the game, but you have to be realistic and consider the fact that you will not make the bucks you want to make.

I mean, if he's happy fighting in smaller venues and such, more power to him, but some of these guys' records tell me that they haven't chosen the right profession.
PW
4/13/07 2:12:24PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Elvis managed to get the win. I'm betting on Bisping by KO/TKO but stranger things have happened. If there's anything to learn from recent events it's that nothing is clear cut in MMA.
BWWREPRESENT
4/13/07 5:49:54PM

Posted by PW

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Elvis managed to get the win. I'm betting on Bisping by KO/TKO but stranger things have happened. If there's anything to learn from recent events it's that nothing is clear cut in MMA.

exactly plus Elvis has losed to top contenders he can win and dont tell me he cant because Serra won and nobody really said he was going to win and said that it was impossible but it happened
hook_tothe_body
4/14/07 5:03:32PM
Bisping said himself in his last post-fight interview that he's still learning. Elvis has been around a long time and he's fought top guys and like a couple peopel said, he's armbared Horn.

If this fight goes to the ground, Elvis on top or bottom, I wouldn't be surprised if Bisping gets tapped out.
hippysmacker
4/14/07 8:20:50PM
Bisping has been training BJJ since he was a kid. His weaknesses are wrestling and physical strength IMo. I don't see either of these as Sinosic's stengths, so I think the only real shot he has is to land a big shot. Could it happen? sure, but i highly doubt it. The upsets have to stop somewhere, now wouldn't be a bad time.