Ellenberger? Shields? Roberts? whos the best Jake!?!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Ellenberger? Shields? Roberts? whos the best Jake!?!
shaneTpain
8/30/11 4:35:23AM
Dana loves feeding us fight night appetizers in between the big shows & Battle on the Bayou is going to be DELECTABLE!

Personally im excited for the Jake vs. Jake main event!

Is vegetarian wrestler Jake Shields going to be force fed an Ellenberger!?

OR

Is the heavy hitting Jake Ellenberger going to break his sword on jakes Shield?!

OR

Is Jake the Snake Roberts going to let his pet boa constrictor loose in the cage & send both Shields & Ellenberger running for the locker room?

One things for sure, the loser leaves town forever!!! Woo
emfleek
8/30/11 7:38:23AM
I beg to differ, pardner...

Hendo67
8/30/11 11:12:53AM
Jake "The Wasted Snake" Roberts
cowcatcher
8/30/11 12:11:18PM
Once Jake The Snake got involved it was a no contest.
emfleek
8/30/11 12:12:35PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Once Jake The Snake got involved

Which one? Roberts or Gylennhaal?

ghandikush
8/30/11 12:50:24PM
I give shields almost zero chance of getting an offence going on Ellenberger of the off chance he gets Ellenberger down.

Ellenberger by brutal knockout.
cowcatcher
8/30/11 1:28:40PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by cowcatcher

Once Jake The Snake got involved

Which one? Roberts or Gylennhaal?

Now I'm starting to wonder if you have plunger envy.
emfleek
8/30/11 2:06:49PM
prophecy033
8/30/11 3:10:30PM

Posted by ghandikush

I give shields almost zero chance of getting an offence going on Ellenberger of the off chance he gets Ellenberger down.

the same was said about Henderson
Poor_Franklin
8/30/11 3:50:53PM
i want some of whatever the TS had when he started this thread.
Budgellism
8/30/11 4:05:50PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ghandikush

Hendo gave him some serious trouble, and that's a 39 year old Hendo who hated cutting to MW and gassed himself out by trying to finish the fight. A young, powerful wrestler like Ellenburger won't make the same mistakes. I have a feeling this is Ellenburger's coming out party. The kid is an animal and Shields doesn't know what he's getting into.
ghandikush
8/30/11 4:30:57PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ghandikush

No actually I had Shields winning that one via dec and I predicted Hendo would come close to knocking him out in the first.

Hendo has poopy takedown defense when hes too busy throwing bombs to keep his feet on the ground, just like rampage.

Ellenberger is MUCH faster and maybe as powerful in punching for his weight.
prophecy033
8/30/11 4:46:45PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ghandikush

Hendo gave him some serious trouble, and that's a 39 year old Hendo who hated cutting to MW and gassed himself out by trying to finish the fight. A young, powerful wrestler like Ellenburger won't make the same mistakes. I have a feeling this is Ellenburger's coming out party. The kid is an animal and Shields doesn't know what he's getting into.

Hendo gave him hell for 1 round, then shields dominated him. His ground control is underestimated
ghandikush
8/30/11 4:56:09PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ghandikush

Hendo gave him hell for 1 round, then shields dominated him. His ground control is underestimated

I am a shields fan but think about it like this, he has to get a better tdd fighter to the ground than anyone he's fought other than GSP and he will probably be able to control the round.

I dont see him getting the takedown in the first, but say he did, he has to do it for 2 more rounds.
prophecy033
8/30/11 5:21:09PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ghandikush

I am a shields fan but think about it like this, he has to get a better tdd fighter to the ground than anyone he's fought other than GSP and he will probably be able to control the round.

I dont see him getting the takedown in the first, but say he did, he has to do it for 2 more rounds.

It is easier said then done to get Ellenberger down, but all shields needs is for ellenberger to overextend in order to get the takedown. Ellenberger is gonna wanna take shields head off. So its either ellenberger by ko/tko or shields by decision
Budgellism
8/30/11 5:29:40PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by ghandikush

I believe his ground skills are overestimated to be honest. He is amazing on the ground, don't get me wrong, but there are better ju-jit-su guys in mma. The problem with Shields is his takedowns aren't at an elite level and his striking is very basic. This fight is just a bad match up for Shields. The only way I see him winning is if Ellenburger takes him to the ground and ends up in a bad position or if Ellenburger lets this giant step up in competition faze him. I don't see either happening. I'm saying Ellenburger 2nd round ko.
Poor_Franklin
8/30/11 8:30:39PM
the truly unknown factor is what effect will Shields' dad passing away have on the fight. Some will say he will be more focused & have more will to win. Others will say that he will be distracted to the point he won't train well & won't have his head in the fight. Hell, he might not even fight at all
Chael_Sonnen
8/30/11 9:32:15PM
Ellenberger by being better
prozacnation1978
9/1/11 11:25:46PM
Gotta go with jake the snake roberts!!!