Why is there not a thread about the Ellenberger vs Kampmann stoppage?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Why is there not a thread about the Ellenberger vs Kampmann stoppage?
« Previous Page
Kpro
6/2/12 5:38:16AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Pookie

he stumbles because his body weight flew in a direction he didn't intend

Are you saying Jake is fat?

I am saying he's fat.

BeeR
6/2/12 7:30:45AM
this thread is made before one for kim winslows phantom stoppage?
kopower
6/2/12 7:35:40AM
Good stoppage. I thought it was pretty clear on the slow motion replay, that Jake was done, and actually holding his nose, rather than covering up.
KaibaThedon
6/2/12 8:09:12AM
This is crazy talk, Ellenberger was out and the stoppage was the right one... Mazagatti could've let him take 2 more punches to the head, but the fight was clearly over after the last knee put him on the ground.
Budgellism
6/2/12 9:39:04AM
I have nothing against the stoppage. He looked done to me.
spang714
6/2/12 11:29:58AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Ellenberger went down and immediately had both hands up to defend the oncoming barrage. The fight was called the minute the knee landed. The actual stoppage was delayed by approximately a mere second which was the amount of time it took for speedy MazzaRatti to get there. Ellenberger was given no opportunity to DEFEND and RECOVER which is BS because Ellenberger was coherent enough to put up his hands - knowing an onslaught was sure to follow. This means Ellenberger knew where he was. He knew he was in a fight and he knew Kampmann was going to follow him to the ground, all of which demonstrates consciousness, evasive strategy, and most importantly - coherency.

Speedy MazzaRatti needs a governor control.

I couldn't have said it better myself...not that Ellenberger was not in trouble, or a few more shots might've done him in....but the fight was stopped as soon as the knee landed...crazy

Personally, I thought that Mazzagatti did the same thing in the Nelson v Herman fight...as soon as Herman dropped...the Maz stepped in....I think Herman should've been given a few extra moments

I knew I picked a good fight camp
BossHog
6/2/12 11:54:40AM
Safety first. People complain about Mazz and I think sometimes he does jump in early, but that's better than jumping in late. Jump in late and the fighter might not have the brain cells left to complain...or speak at all.
Bubbles
6/2/12 11:57:15AM
Pookie, I wish I could prop almost every one of your posts in this thread
FastKnockout
6/2/12 12:10:50PM
I DVR'd the event and went back to re-watch the fight. Ellenberger wasn't out. He was hurt no doubt but Mazz didn't give him any time to recover. IMO, the knee wasn't as bad as what Ellenberger landed in the first round.
Twenty20Dollars
6/2/12 12:17:42PM
Jake could have taken a few more punches and it would have been stopped. That is all that would have happened if Mazz let it go on for that.

Jake may not have been knocked out, but clearly dazed and out of it.

Maybe we can start a thread for the Larsen/Proctor fight, maybe that was stopped too early, even though Larsen fell back down when he tried to stand up.
Twenty20Dollars
6/2/12 12:21:14PM
Don't blame Mazz.

Blame Ellenberger for not finishing it twice.

What was that in the 1st round, he dropped him GnP'd him and then just held onto him the rest of the round and let him recover.
prophecy033
6/2/12 12:30:54PM

Posted by Kpro

Ellenberger kinda looks like Rich Franklin here
Kpro
6/2/12 12:33:49PM

Posted by prophecy033

Ellenberger kinda looks like Rich Franklin here

I think it's the "I just got kneed in the nose really hard" look. Franklin just perfected it twice against Anderson.
TeamDEY
6/2/12 1:29:48PM
I think Steve actually go this one right. Ellenberger wasn't getting up from those knees. He went down like he was out and wasn't gonna get back up.
Twenty20Dollars
6/2/12 2:06:22PM
Jake gassed after that second onslaught in the second.
FR33B1RD
6/2/12 3:06:16PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Ellenberger went down and immediately had both hands up to defend the oncoming barrage. The fight was called the minute the knee landed. The actual stoppage was delayed by approximately a mere second which was the amount of time it took for speedy MazzaRatti to get there. Ellenberger was given no opportunity to DEFEND and RECOVER which is BS because Ellenberger was coherent enough to put up his hands - knowing an onslaught was sure to follow. This means Ellenberger knew where he was. He knew he was in a fight and he knew Kampmann was going to follow him to the ground, all of which demonstrates consciousness, evasive strategy, and most importantly - coherency.

It's so fashionable to make fun of Mazzagatti when the reality of it is that every ref has fucked up big time, and none have fucked up more than the others, if you're going to argue against that I suggest you dig up some stats and opinions on fights that were stopped "prematurely"

Ellenberger was fucking out, he got hit with that 3rd knee and dropped like a brick covering his face and took 3 more shots before Maz could get Martin off him, and Jake was still covering his face when the fight was stopped, it was not premature you're just upset Jake's hype train is done.
KungFuMaster
6/2/12 8:35:01PM

Posted by FR33B1RD

Posted by KungFuMaster

It's so fashionable to make fun of Mazzagatti when the reality of it is that every ref has fucked up big time, and none have fucked up more than the others, if you're going to argue against that I suggest you dig up some stats and opinions on fights that were stopped "prematurely"

Ellenberger was fucking out, he got hit with that 3rd knee and dropped like a brick covering his face and took 3 more shots before Maz could get Martin off him, and Jake was still covering his face when the fight was stopped, it was not premature you're just upset Jake's hype train is done.

I already addressed all of your concerns throughout this thread.
KungFuMaster
6/2/12 8:40:10PM

Posted by spang714

Posted by KungFuMaster

I couldn't have said it better myself...not that Ellenberger was not in trouble, or a few more shots might've done him in....but the fight was stopped as soon as the knee landed...crazy

Personally, I thought that Mazzagatti did the same thing in the Nelson v Herman fight...as soon as Herman dropped...the Maz stepped in....I think Herman should've been given a few extra moments

I knew I picked a good fight camp

You certainly picked the right camp because like you - I cannot stand Jon Jones either and nothing would make me happier than to see him lose the championship. I have picked Machida and Rashad over Jones and now I'm picking Henderson as well, all of which are testaments of my hate for the young lad.
Pages: 1 [2]