EliteXC Weigh-In Results: Gina (Barely) Makes Weight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » EliteXC Weigh-In Results: Gina (Barely) Makes Weight
Next Page »
DCRage
10/3/08 4:47:17PM
And when I say barely, it means literally. The EliteXC weigh-ins are currently underway, and the big question was whether Gina Carano would make weight. It took 3 tries, taking off all her clothing, and a towel, but she finally got down to the limit of 141 pounds.

Article
ncordless
10/3/08 4:53:50PM
Man, anybody got a link to that weigh-in?
TWITA
10/3/08 4:54:18PM
hmmmm ... the second and third tries had to have been the best part of the weigh-in! People backstage must have gotten quite a treat
DCRage
10/3/08 4:58:17PM
What surprised me just as much was that Shamrock weighed in at "only" 206.5 for his fight against Kimbo. Did Ken forget this is a Heavyweight fight and not Light Heavyweight? He's giving up nearly 30 pounds to Kimbo! I expected Ken to come in around 215.
emfleek
10/3/08 4:58:46PM
pv3Hpv3p
10/3/08 4:58:48PM

Posted by DCRage

...Gina Carano would make weight. It took 3 tries, taking off all her clothing, and a towel...

PICS.....

Pleeeeease???
TWITA
10/3/08 4:59:36PM

Posted by DCRage

What surprised me just as much was that Shamrock weighed in at "only" 206.5 for his fight against Kimbo. Did Ken forget this is a Heavyweight fight and not Light Heavyweight? He's giving up nearly 30 pounds to Kimbo! I expected Ken to come in around 215.

I'm not sure that Ken will go more than a minute with Kimbo. He's gonna get caught and will get KO'ed.
Bloodhound
10/3/08 5:07:31PM
wow i would love to see some1 post a video of the weight in
DCRage
10/3/08 5:11:05PM
Who wouldn't?

They're done now. NIcolae Curry (prelim fighter) has missed weight by 1/4 pound (161.5 on first try, 161.25 next without fight shorts), but Jorge Bouchat (opponent) still will take the fight .There reportedly will be no penalty.
Bowen50
10/3/08 5:47:14PM
whoever posts those pics of gina will end up with the most props on the web site
grappler0000
10/3/08 5:48:02PM
What a shocker!
jiujitsufreak74
10/3/08 5:48:23PM
honestly, is anyone surprised by this?
gsquat
10/3/08 6:14:32PM
I like it when she doesn't make weight.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
10/3/08 6:20:12PM
seriously though are elite xc weigh in vids/photos the hardest things to come by.
I've been looking and I've found strikeforce weigh in photos for all the fights but I cannot find one photo from those weigh ins wtf
If anyone knows where to find any of the weigh ins post em please.
jgtribbett
10/3/08 6:41:09PM
i imagine taht shamrock said **** weight.. bulked up a lil the first month and then just got himself in shape.. i know for wrestling i'd rather be in shape then kinda inshape and weigh closer to my opponent
postman
10/3/08 6:41:16PM

Posted by grappler0000

What a shocker!

3rd times a charm HAHAHAHAHAHAHA so funny great avatar

Anyone notice Kimbo shaved all his chest hair but his left pec?
juanez13
10/3/08 6:41:36PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

seriously though are elite xc weigh in vids/photos the hardest things to come by.
I've been looking and I've found strikeforce weigh in photos for all the fights but I cannot find one photo from those weigh ins wtf
If anyone knows where to find any of the weigh ins post em please.

here you go LINK

Not great, but like you said they are pretty hard to come by. hopefully combatlifestyle.com has them up, they usually cover all these events, and they do a pretty good job.

Jesse_Canadian_MMA
10/3/08 7:00:08PM
Hey Thank You juanez13 I'll take em, it's all a part of the excitement for me know what I mean
sleevey
10/3/08 7:09:28PM
Here we are i am sure more will come
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4
juanez13
10/3/08 7:24:31PM
yep, combatlifestyle has them, very good quality too.

LINK

Naturaldisaster
10/3/08 7:38:51PM

Posted by gsquat

I like it when she doesn't make weight.

haha so do i
DCRage
10/3/08 7:41:17PM
Since it apparently hasn't been mentioned yet, Mania reports that after both Daley & Shields and Kimbo & Shamrock hit the scales, all hell broke loose:

There were also two altercations to report. Paul Daley and Jake Shields both weighed in and made the weight limit for their 170 pound title fight. Everything was cool until they had to square off for the cameras.

“Semtex” immediately started in with the trash talking. Shields didn’t take too kindly to the disrespect, and there was some pushing and shoving that followed. Both guys looked heated when they were finally separated.

That fight is going to be all fireworks tomorrow night. These two definitely have no love lost.

Finally, after everybody else got up there, Shamrock and Kimbo weighed in for their main event fight. When it came time to square off Kimbo refused to look Shamrock in the eye. Instead he flexed his arms and stared out at the crowd.

When the camera lights stopped flashing, the Miami native turned around and started walking off the stage. Shamrock didn’t like that one bit and screamed out, “don’t turn your back on me” and shoved him hard in the back.

Shit hit the fan at that point. Bas Rutten was trying to get at Shamrock. Kimbo’s posse went nuts. Kimbo was furious. It was insane.

Ken Shamrock might have just dug his own grave with that little stunt. We’ll find out tomorrow night.

And this from them on Gina when she had to be covered up by the towels: Damn towels!
Bloodhound
10/3/08 8:42:39PM
^^would love to see a video fo that
Naturaldisaster
10/3/08 8:54:39PM
I understand them havin towels to cover up the dudes when they weigh in, but towels should be banned when gina weighs in lol
williamraysmith
10/3/08 9:19:10PM
Here is a video for the weigh-in

http://mmarated.com/videos/v/20081003/elitexc_weigh_ins__franchise_feature-6092.html
DvS
10/3/08 10:03:03PM
I really might skip the Kimbo/Shamrock fight, the old man is going to be beaten to a bloody pulp if not knocked colder than Liddell was against Rashad
babalu2720
10/3/08 10:25:17PM
I posted the video of her towel slip where you can kinda see the desired in an other froum on this site because I didn't hink the mods wnated, a Gina half naked video on the front page.

http://www.mmaplayground.com/forums/topic25565-1.html
hails
10/3/08 10:36:29PM
Ken is so skinny compared to what he was like for his last fight!!!

He has lost a lot of definition!!!

What athletic commision okayed this fight?
wapttn
10/3/08 10:51:52PM
just in case someone missed the other thread..
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
MMAcca
10/3/08 10:54:39PM

Posted by wapttn

just in case someone missed the other thread..

Can anyone blow that up and remove the towels ?
Pages: [1] 2