EliteXC Wants Tito Ortiz

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » EliteXC Wants Tito Ortiz
DCRage
5/16/08 12:11:10PM
To the surprise of probably few people, EliteXC President Gary Shaw is already displaying a bit of a man crush on soon-to-be-free agent Tito Ortiz. With Ortiz' final UFC fight just 8 days away, there is already speculation that EliteXC will make a push to sign Ortiz. Shaw's even going so far as to imagine Tito vs. Kimbo Slice one day.

Article
bullettdodger
5/16/08 12:30:50PM
i can't see why any up and coming organization wouldn't want Tito Ortiz
chubbud22
5/16/08 12:36:55PM

Posted by DCRage

To the surprise of probably few people, EliteXC President Gary Shaw is already displaying a bit of a man crush on soon-to-be-free agent Tito Ortiz. With Ortiz' final UFC fight just 8 days away, there is already speculation that EliteXC will make a push to sign Ortiz. Shaw's even going so far as to imagine Tito vs. Kimbo Slice one day.

Article

Tito would take Kimbo down to the ground and pound the crap out of him IMHO.
bullettdodger
5/16/08 12:49:56PM
Either Kimbo would have to cut weight (which it doesn't look like he'd be able to do) or Tito would need to gain weight (which isn't very likley) as they fight in HW and LWH respectively
bigbubbano23
5/16/08 12:55:02PM
tito vs kimbo not a good match. bad call elite xc. try again
loller90278
5/16/08 1:01:40PM
the only possible matchup i see for tito in elitexc is ninja.. and tito should get that win fairly easy..

i hate to say it, but i would stick to ufc if tito wants real competition.. all the best LHW's are in the UFC.
Raykill
5/16/08 1:14:45PM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by DCRage

Article

Tito would take Kimbo down to the ground and pound the crap out of him IMHO.

I agree, Kimbo like a turtle on his back getting smaked.
IriShame
5/16/08 1:28:00PM

Posted by bullettdodger

Either Kimbo would have to cut weight (which it doesn't look like he'd be able to do) or Tito would need to gain weight (which isn't very likley) as they fight in HW and LWH respectively

Tito wouldn't need to gain weight at all. He just wouldn't have to cut weight. Tito walks around at about 220 and if he was free to train without focusing on keeping his weight down he could very well weigh even more than that. It's not inconcievable that these two could meet. Stupid, but not inconcievable.
GraMMA
5/16/08 1:46:51PM
Tito would be a great addition to EXC and with them doing co-promotions with Dream he could help make some mega events.Kimbo vs Tito would be the bomb,but probably on Titos big head.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/16/08 2:38:33PM

Posted by bullettdodger

i can't see why any up and coming organization wouldn't want Tito Ortiz

wut he said
GrandMaster313
5/16/08 3:00:06PM
Elite XC and everyone else wants Tito no big story here.
wrona666
5/16/08 3:51:19PM
I'd like to see Kimbo crush Titos giant head.....I think Kimbo would be too strong for Tito even if Tito could get him to the ground..
backalley101
5/16/08 3:53:05PM
not the UFC
bustin_mma
5/16/08 3:56:43PM
who really gives a shit what tito does, it seems like he is more interested in buisness than mma.
holt8081
5/16/08 4:17:20PM
they can have him cuz he cant move up any more in the UFC.
Darnok
5/16/08 6:43:51PM
He should go to Affliction thats where the rest of the UFC haters are going.

And there is no way Gary Shaw will let Tito fight Kimbo. He doesn't have enough money to pay Tito to take a dive.
prozacnation1978
5/16/08 7:11:31PM
i think tito will go to elite xc or afflication

i would love to see tito fight frank shamrock again,
bullettdodger
5/17/08 12:52:48AM

Posted by IriShame

Posted by bullettdodger

Tito wouldn't need to gain weight at all. He just wouldn't have to cut weight. Tito walks around at about 220 and if he was free to train without focusing on keeping his weight down he could very well weigh even more than that. It's not inconcievable that these two could meet. Stupid, but not inconcievable.

I don't think anywhere in there did i put that it was inconcievable, i simply stated the facts as to what would need to happen, Tito isn't exactly "Cut" at his walking around weight which is one of the reason imo why he cuts to LHW instead of trying to hang in HW, but lets just say it happened, KIMBO RD 1 KO lol FLAME AWAY, i think Kimbo has ball park power that ice man has and if Chuck can put him away i think Kimbo would be able to too