EliteXC: Unfinished Business-7/26 in Stockton, CA On CBS

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » EliteXC: Unfinished Business-7/26 in Stockton, CA On CBS
DCRage
6/18/08 6:50:15AM
EliteXC: July 26 on CBS
Venue: Stockton Arena in Stockton, California
4 main card fights air live on CBS from 9-11 PM ET, 3 earlier "high quality" fights air live on Showtime from 8-9 PM ET
CBS fights:
vs.
The rematch: EliteXC Middleweight Champion Robbie Lawler vs. Scott Smith for the title

vs.
Jake Shields vs. Nick Thompson for the EliteXC Welterweight Title

vs.
Shayna Baszler vs. Cristiane Cyborg (wife of Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos). Winner will face Gina Carano for the inaugural EliteXC Women's Championship

vs.
Nick Diaz vs. Thomas Denny

Showtime fights:
vs.
Antonio Silva vs. Justin Eilers for the inaugural EliteXC Heavyweight Title

vs.
Wilson Reis vs. Brian Caraway

vs.
Rafael Feijao vs. Travis Galbraith
Franklinfan47
6/18/08 8:09:04AM
Can't wait to see the Lawler-Smith rematch plus more title fights= great night of mma
TWITA
6/18/08 9:21:10AM
Lawler Smith was a great fight - no question. HOWEVER - if Lawler really used all of the weapons in his arsenal instead of just banging with Smith, he would have crushed him. Not saying Lawler/Smith 2 won't be exciting but if Lawler does anything but stand there and bang, part 2 won't be as exciting and Lawler wins easily.
Mayhem13
6/18/08 11:13:27AM
bigfoot should face Brett Rogers

and Bazler should face either Sexton or Cyborg

not sure about Jake though, maybe someone from the IFL if they can get them..Delson Heleno or someone...maybe The Goat even...(he seems to bounce around between orgs a lot)
pv3Hpv3p
6/18/08 2:10:57PM

Posted by Mayhem13

bigfoot should face Brett Rogers

and Bazler should face either Sexton or Cyborg

not sure about Jake though, maybe someone from the IFL if they can get them..Delson Heleno or someone...maybe The Goat even...(he seems to bounce around between orgs a lot)

I'd like to see Thompson fight Jake for the title... I've also heard Heiron's name mentioned as well...

Do I remember hearing that Elite signed Cyborg or is that just an "i wish" type of thing? Cause that broad can bang
DCRage
6/18/08 2:44:15PM
I know they signed that Rosi Sexton girl, not sure what her nickname is...when you said Cyborg I thought you were talking about (Evangelista) Santos.

They did mention Jay Hieron (IFL Welterweight Champion) as a possible opponent. As for Rogers, I'm guessing they'll probably hold him off to try and save him for the potential Kimbo fight in the fall.
DCRage
6/23/08 4:08:49PM
UPDATE: According to F4WOnline, Jake Shields' opponent for the WW Title will be Nick Thompson.

Shaping up to be a great card with possibly 4 title matches, 2 as it is and likely 3 if the Diaz-Noons rumors hold. They'd better have that delay/mute/bleep button ready to work OT.

Also, Diaz will face Thomas Denny on the card.
DCRage
7/3/08 4:25:05PM
Another rumor for the women's match: According ot the Brazilian website TATAME, Shayna Baszler will face Christiane Santos, who is the wife of Cyborg (Evangelista Santos). This might be her MMA debut, can't find a record on Sherdog.
DCRage
7/23/08 1:51:14PM
Mania's got the betting odds up for the event for those that might be putting some real money bets down:
Robbie Lawler -210
Scott Smith +170

Jake Shields -340
Nick Thompson +260

Nick Diaz -600
Thomas Denny +400

Shayna Baszler -200
Christiane Santos +160

Antonio Silva -575
Justin Eilers +375

Rafael Feijao -500
Travis Galbraith +350

Wilson Reis -135
Brian Caraway +105

I personally like Thompson's odds so he might be a good bet.