“EliteXC: Street Certified” Official Fighters’ Salaries: Payouts from $1 to $175,000

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » “EliteXC: Street Certified” Official Fighters’ Salaries: Payouts from $1 to $175,000
whardin19
2/20/08 1:59:57PM
I can't believe someone actually only got paid $1 to fight. That is pretty damn funny! Here's the link to the article.

LINK
wolfman
2/20/08 2:04:51PM
Wow, if that is true...that is shitty for him. Also, there were at least three or four fighters who won, but they ended up with less money than the guy they beat. Damn, Tank ended up with a nice chunk of cash! Over $120,000!
whardin19
2/20/08 2:11:45PM
Yeah, I couldn't believe Tank got so much money for that fight!
cmill21
2/20/08 2:16:40PM
Their big draws make the right amount but their lower level guys get shitty pay.

Edit: I was wrong, mmamania just updated that he did only get $1. That should be illegal.
wrona666
2/20/08 2:23:42PM
Should be some good beer money for Tank.....might last him a while
Daddyprimetime
2/20/08 2:24:13PM
No more bitching about the UFC not paying their fighters enough.
tuvok500
2/20/08 2:52:49PM
Well, there full payroll is over what the UFC gave in Bonus per events !! good point !!

And the guy who won the fight and received a check of 1$ ??

The guy will have 1.50$ of fees to change the check !! So basically he paid 50 cent to fight !! It would have been better for him to fight for a sanwich, at least you are not charged to eat it !!

and what about tank ?? the guy was not .......ah, forget that i will go crazy..

BlazinSaddle
2/20/08 3:03:28PM
this pisses me off, the winner of a fight gets 1 dollar

james thompson gets whooped and he gets 25K!!!! what? and the winner of the fight gets 6K ???!!??

berto gets the same amount as yves for losing?!?!?

tank gets 125K for flopping once again??>!??!>

are these people serious about paychecks? wow this is crap, especially james thompson getting 25K and the WINNER OF THE FIGHT gets 6K
DCRage
2/20/08 3:31:02PM
From the source:
Moyses Gabin ($1)* def. Jirka Hlavati ($500)
Memo to Gabin: Get a new agent! Hopefully Junkie or another news source can confirm why the amount was so low, he should've gotten at least $1000 for winning! That to me is equal parts silly and very strange and should be looked into. It just doesn't sound right.
Lay_N_Pray
2/20/08 3:54:16PM
Wow who in their right mind would give Tank or Kimbo that much money. And Yves Edwards, the best fighter on that card, gets 6K.

I dont even no what to say about the $1. I just hope Gary Shaw gets his ass sued hardcore and has to fold the Elite XC promotion. They are a bunch of scumbags over there with shoddy promotion and pretty much strip-teases after every fight.

Then they name an event Street Certified and the main event is pitting two guys who do nothing but feed the fire for the people who point to MMA as nothing more than an unskilled street fight. A name like Street Certified does a whole lot of to portray the sport.

I hate Elite XC so much...so, so much.
loonytnt
2/20/08 4:06:52PM
Moyses Gabin ($1)* def. Jirka Hlavati ($500)
i hope they paid for his travels
ChokeUout
2/20/08 4:29:33PM
Someone young fighter probably went up to Gary Shaw and said "I wanna fight so bad I'd even do it for a dollar!" and Shaw took it litteraly.

Yeah, I'm baffled by that $1 pay day.

And Paying Tank $120,000? Following that pay structure will lead them into bankruptcy.
cmill21
2/20/08 4:33:12PM

Posted by ChokeUout

Someone young fighter probably went up to Gary Shaw and said "I wanna fight so bad I'd even do it for a dollar!" and Shaw took it litteraly.

And Paying Tank $120,000? Following that pay structure will lead them into bankruptcy.

Ahhh it sold the card, Old school brawler against less old school brawler. I don't see it being much different from paying Lesnar 250, I mean at least Tank had more then 1 fight lol.
tuvok500
2/20/08 4:38:12PM

Posted by ChokeUout

Also, don't forget that they were having only 6000 live gates cash and no PPV at all.

Of course they were on fight network and showtime i think but the 120000$ for Tank is just a joke because the guy is not even a star or a top 20 fighter.

Shaw was talking trash about Dana and the UFC but we see now that the guy is able to do a lot worst when it come to over pay a guy and to simply don't pay 1 fighter who won his fight.

edit : as for Lesnar, the guy was paid to sell PPV and to bring WWE fans to the UFC and he did the job. I don't think Tank's name was able to sell a single ticket !!

ThaAxeMurderer7
2/20/08 4:38:34PM
Damn, at least give the man the same amount of money you gave the guy that lost....
shawneth
2/20/08 4:41:01PM
WOW, I really can't think of anything plausible to why that guy got paid only 1 dollar. Maybe he's just some street fighter who wanted to prove a point or something.
DCRage
2/20/08 5:14:39PM

Posted by ChokeUout

Behold the power of name recognition and ticket selling power that comes with it. Yeah, Tank's not the best fighter out there, and he's well past his prime as he showed against Kimbo, but his name and his past, both in wrestling and MMA, do add up to him being someone who at least can still sell a lot of tickets. So a full house could be a bit of the tradeoff even though a large part of the attendance can also be credited to Kimbo fighting in his own backyard.
silverbullet
2/20/08 5:14:50PM
Is anybody besides me blown away that Kimbo Slice was paid one hundred and seventy five thousand dollars? I am not surprised that he's not in the UFC.
JimiMak
2/20/08 6:20:35PM
Kimbo and Tank's pays are cuz they sold the whole event. No parttime fans even knwo Silva or Rodriguez.

Hate to see the dallor guy, he must've gotten paid some other way. Shouldn't be legal tho.

Brings up something I've always said, in regards to pay structure. The two guys in any one fight should be offered a winners purse and a losers (pay to win pay to show) I don't agree with someone getting paid less than the guy they beat, esp when the winning bonus doesn't equal the losers take, and I don't like... (in the last UFC Nog got the winners purse for the main event and took and the Sub of the night bonus and took home barely 10000 more than lesnar, he was the only one on the card that even took home 1/2 of Brocks salary)
Sir_Karl
2/20/08 6:43:52PM
Besides the $1 "thing" I was really only surprised by the low pay to Yves Edwards.
Everything else was ok in my book.
Tank and Kimbo got a nifty payday for sure.
Tank took 1 semi big punch...then bellied down as usual awaiting the referee...not a bad payday.
Sir_Karl
2/20/08 6:46:33PM
...and Kyle Noke's dismal pay...excuse me.
iwannabesedated
2/20/08 7:08:13PM
Moyses Gabin on sherdog he's 2wins no lossses..Maybe hes just some badass dude that likes to beat people at no expense.
xtra_chewy
2/20/08 7:51:15PM
Whats up with James Thompson getting 25k? and Yves Edwards only 6k?
that ***** all wrong....and I would probably spit in the face of Shaw if I were the dude who got paid a dollar. Shitz messed up man.
SpiderSilva
2/20/08 9:07:13PM
LOL this is only Kimbos 2nd MMA fight just like Lesners was and everyone bitched about how much Lesner made why no bitching about Kimbo?
cmill21
2/20/08 9:10:43PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

LOL this is only Kimbos 2nd MMA fight just like Lesners was and everyone bitched about how much Lesner made why no bitching about Kimbo?

Lesnar made 75,000 more then Kimbo, and he lost in 90 seconds.
RMFG_187
2/20/08 9:41:29PM
LMAO $1. Classic. but maybe he got paid under the table, or it was part of his deal to accept only getting payed $1.
whardin19
2/20/08 10:18:44PM
I totally agree that no one should bitch with what the UFC pays after seeing the paydays of some of the fighters on this card! The one dollar guy cracks me up lol!!!!!!!
Nightmare27
3/18/08 2:01:36AM
That is alot of dough for Tank, I hope they only signed him to a one fight deal.