EliteXC: Street Certified-February 16 on Showtime

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » EliteXC: Street Certified-February 16 on Showtime
Next Page »
DCRage
12/21/07 9:45:22AM
EliteXC: Street Certified-February 16, 2008, 10 PM ET/PT on Showtime
Venue: Bank United Center, Miami, Florida
TV fights (live on Showtime):
vs.
Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. David "Tank" Abbott

vs.
Antonio Silva vs. Ricco Rodriguez

vs.
Kyle Noke vs. Scott Smith

vs.
Yves Edwards vs. Edson Berto

vs.
James Thompson vs. Brett Rogers

Prelim matches (live on ProElite.com):
vs.
Mario Rinaldi vs. Dave Herman

vs.
John Doyle vs. Rafael Feijao
(Note: There are 2 Rafael Feijaos according to Sherdog. The one pictured above, a Heavyweight, is the one fighting according to MMAjunkie)

vs.
Jon Kirk vs. Yosmany Cabezas

vs.
Eric Bradley vs. Mikey Gomez

vs.
Lorenzo Borgameo vs. Mike Bernhard

vs.
Moyses Gabin vs. Jirka Hlavati
pv3Hpv3p
12/21/07 2:03:04PM
Do I smell a Yves vs Kimbo fight brewing in this one?!?!? lol...

EliteXC puts on pretty good cards... I'd rather see Scott Smith fight Riki Fikuda(sp?) though
CantAndleDaRiddum
12/21/07 5:10:43PM
im always pumped to watch yves, kimbo, and scott fight. could be very exciting card
SpiderSilva
12/21/07 11:37:14PM
+I wouldnt mind watching Kimbo vs AA
fullerene
12/25/07 9:39:49PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

+I wouldnt mind watching Kimbo vs AA

LOL, that one has mismatch written all over it. I can't imagine Kimbo ever getting to Arlovski's level. Of course, time will tell, but I'd build him up with a couple of easy wins and then feed him to Antonio Silva in the biggest matchup EliteXC could make at the moment.
Kpro
12/26/07 3:58:48AM
Wow, who is TBA ?

Yves and Kimbo in the same night is like a gauntlet for him.
mrsmiley
12/26/07 5:41:22AM

Posted by Kpro

Wow, who is TBA ?

TBA has got some damn good hand speed,and has a solid ground game to boot.Should be an interesting night.LOL.

Is cung Le suppose to fight Shamrock on the 16th?
That's the fight I realy wanna see!
TFK
12/26/07 11:38:05AM
Rumor has it that Eddie Alvarez has signed with EliteXC. That's a win\win situation if I ever heard one. An upstart company in need of a breakout star, and a breakout star in need of a company.

TFK
richieb19
12/26/07 11:51:32AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Kpro

Wow, who is TBA ?

TBA has got some damn good hand speed,and has a solid ground game to boot.Should be an interesting night.LOL.

Is cung Le suppose to fight Shamrock on the 16th?
That's the fight I realy wanna see!

Shamrock Vs. Shamrock has been unofficially announced. Possibly Cage Rage 25 in March, but EliteXC or even IFL makes more sence.
loller90278
12/26/07 4:35:48PM
be wary, nay sayers of kimbo! i have faith in him and in time (although against kimbo) he'll prove hes a legit MMA'ist. im not saying hes ever gonna be champion but i see him fareing decent in the lower tier promotions
evilpimp
12/26/07 6:31:31PM
cant wait already told the wife to order my showtime
DCRage
1/4/08 12:17:43PM
First post updated with more rumored fights, most notably Kimbo Slice vs. Tank Abbott. The event may be held in Miami at The U, but this is not yet confirmed.
AchillesHeel
1/4/08 12:53:24PM
I wonder why they're not doing Silva-vs-Thompson? Seems like a natural, to me.
DCRage
1/4/08 2:50:49PM
Also just found out that Gina Carano will be on the show.
mrsmiley
1/5/08 6:57:27PM
I wanna see Ricky Fukuda fight again.That dude can scrap.
mrsmiley
1/5/08 7:48:00PM
Thompson is going to be their too!

How freakN awesome!
NatedawgThaM
1/5/08 9:40:10PM
FINALLY! I can't wait!!! Tank vs Kimbo!!!

Brawling of the old school vs brawling of the new school. I don't know how you can pick Tank though. He's taken so much punishment that his chin has weakened and it has Kimbo slice highlight KO all over it!! Should a 1st round all out war!!!! Got to love it!!!
Kracker_Jap
1/5/08 11:49:13PM
Way excited for this one

Elite XC is doing a great job and will only get better

I wonder if Gina will marry me??? (don't tell my wife)
DCRage
1/10/08 6:35:48AM
A couple more updates to the card:
Yves Edwards, who was originally to have fought on the ShoXC event on 1/25, has had his fight moved to this event. His opponent will be Edson Berto.

James Thompson vs. Brett Rogers is a rumored addition to the card, as is Charles "Krazy Horse" Bennett.

Edit: Wrestling Observer reports that Antonio Silva vs. Shane Carwin is also on the card. According to WO, "Carwin is a real prospect, very much along the lines of a Brock Lesnar. I'm surprised they are feeding him to the wolves before building him up." (Dave Meltzer's words, not mine)
mrsmiley
1/10/08 5:16:23PM
really though.When anyone post pics of Tank,they really should use this one.(I've posted it B4,but damnit it's just too funny)

DCRage
1/11/08 2:08:47PM
Another update: Reports that Shane Carwin is Antonio Silva's opponent are false. Showtime incorrectly listed Carwin as the opponent, he has not signed with EXC. Silva's opponent is still TBA.
bls1919
1/12/08 11:19:39PM
i think kimbo is going to bury tank, and i love to see thompson
78Circus
1/12/08 11:27:20PM
GREAT call on Fukuda. Hard to call his fight with Villasenor a loss.

Kimbo should destroy Tank pretty quick imo.

Yves would be a fool to stand and trade with Edson...he should be able to win this one on the ground though.
DCRage
1/14/08 2:41:28PM
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but bad news...Gina's off the card. No reason why yet and no comment from all sides. At least we can still see her on American Gladiators.
mrsmiley
1/15/08 8:34:57PM

Posted by 78Circus

GREAT call on Fukuda. Hard to call his fight with Villasenor a loss.

Kimbo should destroy Tank pretty quick imo.

Yves would be a fool to stand and trade with Edson...he should be able to win this one on the ground though.

Yes.I want to see some more of Fukuda.That guy is pretty damn good.It sucks about Carroro (spellcheck) but at least we have a decent heads up about it.
DCRage
1/22/08 7:20:11AM
Another update, former UFC HW Champion Ricco Rodriguez has been confirmed as Antonio Silva's opponent. Time to find out just how legit "Bigfoot" really is, this will be a great test for him.
mrsmiley
1/22/08 10:54:07AM
No kidding.

I thin Silva's key to victory is to use his reach as much as possible to tire and frusturate Rico.
CornishMMA
1/23/08 10:16:05AM
Krazy Horse is off the card after getting arrested yet again!

LOL at the pics
bls1919
1/31/08 8:47:58PM
Despite the "street certified" fight. this card has lost a lot of pull with Gina and krazy horse gone. At least my man JT is stil hanging tough and going to put the hurt on
mrblonde55
2/1/08 12:21:19PM
Semi-decent card. I hope Kimbo and Tank both simultaneously knock each other out and die so we never have to see either fight again. Hopefully Ricco doesn't come in weighing 1 ton. I would really like to see him back in old form. The Ricco that BEAT Nog. Other than that.. Smith is usually entertaining and I always love to see Yves fight. I have talked to a few street toughs and they confirmed that this card was indeed Street Certified.
Pages: [1] 2