EliteXC Plans Women's Title, All-Female Fight Card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » EliteXC Plans Women's Title, All-Female Fight Card
Next Page »
DCRage
5/13/08 4:43:14PM
During a conference call today, EliteXC president Gary Shaw announced plans to create a Women's Title for the promotion, and possibly an all-women fight card to air on TV in '09. The first women's title would be at 140 with other weight classes possibly getting titles later.

Article
DCRage
5/13/08 4:44:42PM
Can I get a Hell Yeah? Double good plan here-a Women's Title and an all-women fight card, I am so there. Also ups the ante on 5/31 as the winner between Gina Carano & Kaitlin Young likely gets a title fight. War Gina!
slappywhite
5/13/08 4:52:13PM
no Hell yeah here
xxdeadpoolxx
5/13/08 4:54:08PM
No here neither I would have trouble watching this card. I can handle and even find one womens fight mixed into a card entertaining but thi swill not work
gsquat
5/13/08 4:57:08PM
More fights sound good to me.
bullettdodger
5/13/08 5:05:42PM
Chicks like to scrap just like guys do, and im always down to watch
gartface
5/13/08 5:07:11PM
Unless it's Kevin Ferguson vs. Gina Carano.
JimiMak
5/13/08 5:56:13PM
Hell yeah. I haven't seen an all women's card in a long time. Love it.
MMAcca
5/13/08 6:04:10PM

Posted by JimiMak

When has there ever been an all women's card ?
JimiMak
5/13/08 6:09:45PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by JimiMak

I know that Hook 'n Shoot held at least one. I also think someone held one around 2 years ago but can't think of who it would've been so maybe there was only the one. Too long between them tho. I wish someone would have one or two a year.

Edit:: here's a cpl links
http://www.fatalfemmesfighting.com/fff/events.asp

http://www.amazon.com/Hook-N-Shoot-Revolution/dp/B00007MEZ5
DCRage
5/13/08 6:19:03PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by JimiMak

There was also a One Night Tournament in Japan called "Remix" a few years ago, 2003 I think. I have the DVD.
MMAcca
5/13/08 6:20:03PM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by JimiMak

There was also a One Night Tournament in Japan called "Remix" a few years ago, 2003 I think. I have the DVD.

Cool. Cheers for that guys
RMFG_187
5/13/08 6:23:04PM
Im definitely gonna watch but ill bet the fact that its an all womens card, there will be less people to tune in to watch this event.

IMO, have a Kimbo fight, with all the other bouts on the card women vs. women. or wait, EliteXC is already doing that
wrona666
5/13/08 6:43:52PM
Just let me know when the calender is coming out!!!!!!!!!!!!
juanez13
5/13/08 7:01:26PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Im definitely gonna watch but ill bet the fact that its an all womens card, there will be less people to tune in to watch this event.

IMO, have a Kimbo fight, with all the other bouts on the card women vs. women. or wait, EliteXC is already doing that

Yea that, or Have Kimbo fight a woman, if you actually think about it, i bet they would put up a better fight than the other opponents Elite is feeding him.
holt8081
5/13/08 7:19:38PM

Posted by DCRage

Can I get a Hell Yeah? Double good plan here-a Women's Title and an all-women fight card, I am so there. Also ups the ante on 5/31 as the winner between Gina Carano & Kaitlin Young likely gets a title fight. War Gina!

HELL YEAH!
Raykill
5/13/08 7:24:58PM

Posted by gartface

Unless it's Kevin Ferguson vs. Gina Carano.

Hell yea,

Now Gina would kick his ass. It would be the first real fight in MMA he would have.
At least she has skills....
tepid55
5/13/08 7:30:45PM
I'd enjoy an all female card.
holt8081
5/13/08 7:30:57PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by JimiMak

Nice Avatar
Ben_Hutch
5/13/08 7:45:48PM
First they get the vote, now this?!
89vision
5/13/08 8:57:31PM
Whoever dosnt like women's fighting is sexist, period... besides, these pathetic excuses like "i dont watching hot girls hit each other" ...what? most of these girls arnt what you would call "hot" so whats the problem? its not like dudes are hitting girls so its all fair play when its women fighting... i think most of you who dont like it are used to that cat-fighting b/s that makes girls look like total idiots and pussies, you should have seen the school i went too, some girls threw down on dumb cat-fighting girls who talked shit (my ex beat the shit out of this girl once, its was so hot to watch a one sided beatdown)... and dont give me any of this "women should stay in the kitchen" line we dont live in the dark ages anymore, get over it, men dont run the world anymore if you think so your naive and watch too much TV, maybe you sexists should go to the middle east with the rest of the woman haters, or start up a he-man woman haters club like the little rascals did.

Posted by DCRage

double hell yeah to that
Raykill
5/13/08 10:52:55PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Sorry has to be said, that is funny
AchillesHeel
5/14/08 10:15:12AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Next they'll want equal pay for equal work...

Say, does anyone know who Larosa signed with? She seems like the consensus #1, and I'd hate to see her "pull a Fedor" and not fight the other big names.
bustin_mma
5/14/08 12:57:37PM
that girl that is going to fight Gina, she won an 8 woman tourny that bodog put on. all 1st round tko's very impressive. if she will be on the card ill watch fo sho. shes got skills, i dont care if shes got a uterus. talent is talent
JimiMak
5/14/08 4:20:25PM
Thx man, Bodog was the other card I was trying to think of.

WAR Women's MMA!
Pookie
5/14/08 4:26:05PM

Posted by 89vision

...and dont give me any of this "women should stay in the kitchen" line we dont live in the dark ages anymore, get over it, men dont run the world anymore if you think so your naive and watch too much TV, maybe you sexists should go to the middle east with the rest of the woman haters, or start up a he-man woman haters club like the little rascals did...

You do realize that the women should stay in the kitchen line was a joke... way to diss that entire portion of the world though there culture is different then ours, so they must all be sexist.
89vision
5/14/08 4:29:42PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by 89vision

...and dont give me any of this "women should stay in the kitchen" line we dont live in the dark ages anymore, get over it, men dont run the world anymore if you think so your naive and watch too much TV, maybe you sexists should go to the middle east with the rest of the woman haters, or start up a he-man woman haters club like the little rascals did...

You do realize that the women should stay in the kitchen line was a joke... way to diss that entire portion of the world though there culture is different then ours, so they must all be sexist.

its a well known fact they treat women like dirt and they admit to being sexist so....
Pookie
5/14/08 4:31:18PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by Pookie

Posted by 89vision

its a well known fact they treat women like dirt and they admit to being sexist so....

You do realize that your grouping together about 20 different countries into one big group as if they have no differences between them.
89vision
5/14/08 4:35:28PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by 89vision

Posted by Pookie

Posted by 89vision

You do realize that your grouping together about 20 different countries into one big group as if they have no differences between them.

pitch me a middle eastern country that teaches equality in gender then
Pookie
5/14/08 4:38:13PM
israel
Pages: [1] 2