EliteXC: Heat Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » EliteXC: Heat Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
DvS
10/4/08 11:21:33PM
Well are they going to show it again? I just tuned into the stream and all they have been showing is Pet showboating around the ring with his gay pink hair and Mauro making up excuses for Kimbo and shooting his mouth off
MMAcca
10/4/08 11:23:38PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by RMFG_187

he had no power into the punch cuz he was leaning back, throwing a downward shot when ona his legs were off the ground. Wasnt hard at all looked like the front kick would have done more than the punch.

but seriously.

KEN COULDA DONE THAT

At least Kimbo made it to the ring

ya and was surprised he made it out...

imanidiot777
10/4/08 11:31:58PM
I'll be able to sleep like a baby knowing Kimbo just got beat like that.
DvS
10/4/08 11:33:39PM

Posted by imanidiot777

From what I hear it was just another lame TKO, not out cold? He caught a short right hand then fell and got pounded on? That's not a big deal
MALICE
10/4/08 11:38:37PM

Posted by DvS

Posted by imanidiot777

From what I hear it was just another lame TKO, not out cold? He caught a short right hand then fell and got pounded on? That's not a big deal

It was no lame TKO. The ref did a good job of letting it go. Kimbo was stiffened up (be mature) taking hard shots to the face. No bulls**t stoppage.
Solidus
10/4/08 11:44:24PM
Not to mention about 30 seconds after the fight was stopped Kimbo was shooting in on the ref up against the cage. Definitely good stoppage
Rush
10/4/08 11:48:30PM
That was a kind of strange ending. As much as I wanted to see Kimbo lose, I didn't want it happening like that.

I'm sure Dana will eat this up. I can see the quote now: "You see guys, the golden boy of Elite XC was KOed by a guy that couldn't even make it in the UFC"

Rush
10/4/08 11:50:49PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

I agree. People complain about Goldberg and Rogan, but they must never listen to other announcers.

The thing is, I've heard a lot of people say they like Mauro, but to be honest (and I'll probably get burned for this by some), I don't think the guy is a great MMA announcer. He has a textbook voice for TV/radio, but he just doesn't seem to know his stuff. Even Frank says some stuff that seems off IMO.
MALICE
10/4/08 11:55:37PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by xxMALICExx

I agree. People complain about Goldberg and Rogan, but they must never listen to other announcers.

The thing is, I've heard a lot of people say they like Mauro, but to be honest (and I'll probably get burned for this by some), I don't think the guy is a great MMA announcer. He has a textbook voice for TV/radio, but he just doesn't seem to know his stuff. Even Frank says some stuff that seems off IMO.

I agree. Good voice, but seems even less educated than Goldberg, And Frank confuses me sometimes too.

Rogan knows his stuff, and Goldberg is good at keeping the conversation going.

Mir and Rogan are 50 /50
Bas is next
Trigg is OK
Can't stand Mauro or Rice.
Naturaldisaster
10/4/08 11:56:03PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by xxMALICExx

Mauro just annoys me. mike goldberg can be annoying but he at least brings some entertainment to the commentary. I cant stand mauro.
I was shocked when frank said Ken gettin hurt was disrespectful to the shamrock family. I didnt expect him to say that, On tv, when he's supposed to be commentaiting and not being Bias.
loller90278
10/5/08 12:15:58AM
wow.

rabbit915
10/5/08 12:40:11AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

I agree. Good voice, but seems even less educated than Goldberg, And Frank confuses me sometimes too.

Rogan knows his stuff, and Goldberg is good at keeping the conversation going.

Mir and Rogan are 50 /50
Bas is next
Trigg is OK
Can't stand Mauro or Rice.

Sometimes im shocked by the inability of EliteXC guys to identify grappling situations. Several times i saw someone miss identify a sub and the worse one was during one of the women fights (it might have been Gina's last one)somebody was going for a Gogoplata, nobody managed to use the term Gogoplata or rubber guard. I dont even think they knew someone was going for a sub.

I dont neccesarilly like Rogan but at least he never says things that arent true. He doesnt add much but he doesnt bother me with incorrect information.

Mir is my favorite. Sometimes he has a hard time evaluating rankings effectively (ecspecially amongst non Zuffa guys) and he often has issues with grammar but at least he knows his grappling damn well. There isnt a better announcer out there for explaining what is going on in the cage and thats why hes my favorite.
StriderXero
10/5/08 12:52:57AM
my brain just farted.........I thought for sure Kimbo was gonna tae this after shamrock's injury. This is even better.
Solidus
10/5/08 12:56:44AM

Posted by rabbit915
Sometimes im shocked by the inability of EliteXC guys to identify grappling situations. Several times i saw someone miss identify a sub and the worse one was during one of the women fights (it might have been Gina's last one)somebody was going for a Gogoplata, nobody managed to use the term Gogoplata or rubber guard. I dont even think they knew someone was going for a sub.

I heard someone call the gogoplata attempt on the fight you're talking about it. I think it was Gina going for it.
hails
10/5/08 1:13:36AM
I really like listening to Randy.

Bye bye Kimno!!!!
Naturaldisaster
10/5/08 1:54:29AM

Posted by Solidus

Posted by rabbit915

I heard someone call the gogoplata attempt on the fight you're talking about it. I think it was Gina going for it.

she almost go the gogo tonight and nobody said anything. she had the leg under kobalds neck (her other leg was on the ground but nobody even commented that there was a possible gogo right there
loller90278
10/5/08 2:02:23AM
i believe she was going for the omoplata, a shoulder lock and not the gogoplata a neck choke..

maybe im wrong but i saw her other leg coming to trap the shoulder
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/5/08 2:03:39AM
wow i just got home, just saw the results... petruzelli fighting kimbo wiggidy whaaaaat and KTFO in 15 secs... well then... that just made my night, even if its already been made not having to watch that mess of an event. hahahahaha man this is great... and ninja getting KOed too...just wow
anomoly
10/5/08 3:41:18AM
to be honest the Gina fight was the best of the night... and that was somewhat disappointing because of the whole three 3 min rounds

first the whole weigh in fluff... then shamrock with a CUT before the fight...

the kimbo fight are you serious?!?! what a JOKE -

I wanted kimbo to prove people wrong but after kimbos last two fights in the cage i can't say that Dana is wrong.
RMFG_187
10/5/08 3:46:30AM
Ninja vs Radach deserves Fight Of The Night, and Knock Out Of The Night awards.

Submission Of The Night to Shields (although he wasn't too impressive)

Upset of The Night. Do I even have to say?
drclean
10/5/08 4:55:38AM
Just wanted to say that the call on the Kimbo TKO was the funniest thing ever. "Rocky, Rocky!", "The most incredible victory in the history of MMA", and "Tomorrow the entire world is going to know Seth Petruzelli's name."

ROFL, who do they think Kimbo is? Honestly?
Rush
10/5/08 9:06:36AM

Posted by rabbit915

When she was trying for either the omaplata or rubber guard they said she was going for a triangle choke. I mean, come on, that wasn't even close to a triangle.
DCRage
10/5/08 9:08:51AM
Not sure if it really was him there, but I was browsing Mania's photo gallery from last night and I saw this guy after the Kimbo fight...doesn't he look like Rashad Evans?

Attendance-wise, Junkie reports they claimed 7723 paid, 9414 total for a live gate of $826,433.
Rush
10/5/08 9:40:51AM
Or Cuba Gooding Jr. lol

Guess he bought into the Kimbo hype too.
Solidus
10/5/08 11:56:01AM
I could swear I heard someone say Gina was going for the gogo, oh well....maybe I just saw it and imagined someone saying it in my mind lol

Anyway, I wish I had a pic but as soon as Kimbo hit the ground you can also see these two women at cage side gasping with their mouths wide open as their hero gets pummeled with Seth's grazing punches. I couldnt stop laughing at the expression on their faces
RMFG_187
10/6/08 7:33:45AM

Posted by DCRage

Not sure if it really was him there, but I was browsing Mania's photo gallery from last night and I saw this guy after the Kimbo fight...doesn't he look like Rashad Evans?

Attendance-wise, Junkie reports they claimed 7723 paid, 9414 total for a live gate of $826,433.

He looks like Mike Tomlin, the Coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
casey64
10/6/08 10:59:33AM
Unbelievable result to the main event.
hodge
10/6/08 4:07:47PM
Man props too the guy who predicted the Ninja result on the first page that was sweet
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]