EliteXC: Heat Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » EliteXC: Heat Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
MALICE
10/4/08 10:33:50PM

Posted by MMAcca

Is it Kimbo/Petruzelli next ?

Daley / Shields
juanez13
10/4/08 10:35:21PM

Posted by MMAcca

So Gina struggled.....?

Not really, but she didnt look great either. Most of the fight was alot like Swick vs Burkman (kobald was holding Gina against the fence alot)...but there was bits when they kept their distance and they traded with both throwing wide shots, with Gina landing and Kobald hitting the air.
MMAcca
10/4/08 10:40:24PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by MMAcca

Is it Kimbo/Petruzelli next ?

Daley / Shields

Cheers
MMAcca
10/4/08 10:42:15PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by MMAcca

So Gina struggled.....?

Not really, but she didnt look great either. Most of the fight was alot like Swick vs Burkman (kobald was holding Gina against the fence alot)...but there was bits when they kept their distance and they traded with both throwing wide shots, with Gina landing and Kobald hitting the air.

So she's gotta fight Cyborg next.
MMAcca
10/4/08 10:45:10PM
Daley seems to be doing ok on the ground
MALICE
10/4/08 10:45:21PM
Shields armbar rd 2
juanez13
10/4/08 10:46:10PM
Shields get the sub win, but not very impressed with him. Defenately dont think he is a top 3 ww.

Daley has tons of potential, he just needs a ground game.
DCRage
10/4/08 10:46:16PM
Daley taps! Shields keeps the title by 2nd round armbar.
MALICE
10/4/08 10:48:42PM

Posted by MMAcca

Not the best. Shields spent the majority af Rd 1 in mount, but didn't do much. Shields got the mount fairly easy again in Rd 2. Shields wasn't punching with power. But Daley was making no attempts to escape.
Rush
10/4/08 10:49:51PM

Posted by MMAcca

I didn't think so. Sheilds' JJ was great, but the rest of his skills looked pretty poor for a guy considered top 10. For example, his stand-up was bad for someone that has been in the game this long. Striker or no striker. His ground and pound was really ineffective. I mean, how can you mount a guy for 2min. and not either get a KO, TKO or at least inflict some damage??

Daley, looked like he didn't know what he was doing on the ground and the announcers were saying some stuff that made me go "huh?". For example Daley was mounted for like almost half of the first round and they sounded like he just won the round.
DCRage
10/4/08 10:50:12PM
Until the last 40 seconds of round 1 I had it 10-8 Shields, but Daley getting out and getting mount with those solid shots changed it to 10-9 for me.

Announced to the live crowd (not on TV): Nick Diaz vs. Eddie Alvarez next month for the EXC LW Title. IT's now official.
MALICE
10/4/08 10:53:42PM

Posted by Rush

Daley, looked like he didn't know what he was doing on the ground and the announcers were saying some stuff that made me go "huh?". For example Daley was mounted for like almost half of the first round and they sounded like he just won the round.

I agree. People complain about Goldberg and Rogan, but they must never listen to other announcers.
MMAcca
10/4/08 10:54:25PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by MMAcca

I didn't think so. Sheilds' JJ was great, but the rest of his skills looked pretty poor for a guy considered top 10. For example, his stand-up was bad for someone that has been in the game this long. Striker or no striker. His ground and pound was really ineffective. I mean, how can you mount a guy for 2min. and not either get a KO, TKO or at least inflict some damage??

I kind of meant he was doing ok by not getting subbed, because 'Semtex' has no groundgame

Oh well, on to the main event...
MALICE
10/4/08 10:57:06PM

Posted by DCRage
Announced to the live crowd (not on TV): Nick Diaz vs. Eddie Alvarez next month for the EXC LW Title. IT's now official.

They displayed it right on the screen. On TV.

Lawler vs Villasenor
Diaz vs Alvarez

Nov. 8
MMAcca
10/4/08 10:59:52PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by DCRage

They displayed it right on the screen. On TV.

Lawler vs Villasenor
Diaz vs Alvarez

Nov. 8

Kracker_Jap
10/4/08 11:06:45PM
Seth's way to win is t-ko
MALICE
10/4/08 11:09:17PM
What a shocker!!!

KO'ed by a LHW
DCRage
10/4/08 11:09:38PM
14 SECONDS! IT'S ALL OVER FOR KIMBO! And EliteXC?

Good night, and good luck.
juanez13
10/4/08 11:12:49PM

Looked like the front kick hit him, but on the replay it was a right hand, didnt even looks hard!. Looks like Kimbo doesnt take a shot very well!

I must say this made my night!
bojangalz
10/4/08 11:13:29PM
Just another day in the life of Elite XC. My only hope is that NOBODY even saw this, and rating were so terrible that this circus finally ends.
Kracker_Jap
10/4/08 11:14:47PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Seth's way to win is t-ko

I now believe I can tell the future with this call and the Benji comment my word is gold
MMAcca
10/4/08 11:15:00PM
Mine too!!

Seth ''The Saviour/Savior Of EliteXC'' Petruzelli scores the KO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MALICE
10/4/08 11:15:15PM

Posted by juanez13

Looked like the front kick hit him, but on the replay it was a right hand, didnt even looks hard!. Looks like Kimbo doesnt take a shot very well!

I must say this made my night!

I agree. Really short right hand. Didn't look hard at all.
Naturaldisaster
10/4/08 11:18:28PM
That was AWESOME!!!! best eva
RMFG_187
10/4/08 11:18:41PM
he had no power into the punch cuz he was leaning back, throwing a downward shot when ona his legs were off the ground. Wasnt hard at all looked like the front kick would have done more than the punch.

but seriously.

KEN COULDA DONE THAT
MMAcca
10/4/08 11:18:54PM
BREAKING NEWS: The fight is being restarted because Kimbo wasn't ready......
RMFG_187
10/4/08 11:19:45PM

Posted by MMAcca

BREAKING NEWS: The fight is being restarted because Kimbo wasn't ready......

MMAcca
10/4/08 11:19:54PM

Posted by RMFG_187

he had no power into the punch cuz he was leaning back, throwing a downward shot when ona his legs were off the ground. Wasnt hard at all looked like the front kick would have done more than the punch.

but seriously.

KEN COULDA DONE THAT

At least Kimbo made it to the ring
pharside
10/4/08 11:19:56PM
that was great!!!!!!!!!!
RMFG_187
10/4/08 11:20:44PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by RMFG_187

but seriously.

KEN COULDA DONE THAT

At least Kimbo made it to the ring

ya and was surprised he made it out...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4