EliteXC: Heat Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » EliteXC: Heat Official Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
Next Page »
DCRage
10/4/08 3:08:43PM
And we're underway on what is going to be a crazy night...
Prelims:
Nicolae Cury beat Jorge Bouchat by submission (strikes) at 1:35 of round 1.
Brian Hamade beat David Gomez by submission (guillotine) at 2:03 of round 1.
Mikey Gomez beat Lorenzo Borgomeo by submission (armbar) at 4:06 of round 2.
Conor Heun beat Edson Berto by TKO (strikes) at 2:18 of round 2.
Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos beat Yoko Takahashi by unanimous decision, 2 30-27s and 1 30-26. (swing bout-could appear on CBS, time-permitting)

TV fights:
Benji Radach beat Murilo Rua by KO at 2:31 of round 2.
Gina Carano beat Kelly Kobold by unanimous decision, 2 30-27s and 1 29-28.
Andrei Arlovski beat Roy Nelson by KO at 3:14 of round 2.
EliteXC Welterweight Champion Jake Shields beat Paul Daley by submission (armbar) at 3:47 of round 2 to retain the title.
Main event: Seth Petruzelli beat Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson by TKO (strikes) in 14 seconds.

Kimbo's original opponent, Ken Shamrock, is off as of 6:30 PM ET due to injury (cut). They are trying to find a replacement, word is the latest offer is Seth Petruzelli. Waiting to see if Kimbo will accept. Frank Shamrock offered to step in but that won't be happening.

Update: As of 7:30 PM Shamrock has apparently been cleared to fight, so the main event is back on.

8:30 PM update: Now it's off again.

8:55 PM: Seth Petruzelli is the replacement for Shamrock. No word on Aaron Rosa's status.
Kracker_Jap
10/4/08 5:28:17PM
I just want to go on the record and say Benji is going to shock everyone with a brutal KO on Ninja Rua
Aaronno9
10/4/08 5:32:21PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I just want to go on the record and say Benji is going to shock everyone with a brutal KO on Ninja Rua

Isnt it against the rules to say somebody is going to win a fight now

Cant wait for this card i think its going to be sick. I just hope i can stay awake.
DCRage
10/4/08 5:38:30PM
I believe that's what the rules do say now.

If Mania's results post is accurate, the prelims should start in about an hour (around 6:30 PM ET). See you then.
DCRage
10/4/08 6:37:40PM
BREAKING: Kimbo vs. Shamrock is OFF. Shamrock injury. More when it becomes available.

Edit: The first prelim is starting now.

And it's over. Cury wins in 95 seconds.
casey64
10/4/08 6:57:08PM

Posted by DCRage

BREAKING: Kimbo vs. Shamrock is OFF. Shamrock injury. More when it becomes available.

Edit: The first prelim is starting now.

And it's over. Cury wins in 95 seconds.

What are you serious!!!
DCRage
10/4/08 7:05:31PM
I fI wasn't I wouldn't have posted it. It's all over virtually every major site now, but I saw it first on Junkie then found more details on BloodyElbow.com. Well, every major site except Sherdog, they have NOTHING about this.

Hamade wins by first round tapout. Actually, that's Brian Hamade over David Gomez, apparently a late addition to the card.
DCRage
10/4/08 7:12:36PM
UPDATE: The main event MAY be back on again. This from BloodyElbow.com:

We are now hearing that EliteXC officials may have found a doctor who may clear Shamrock tonight after all. EliteXC may be on the verge of dodging a bullet of epic proportions.

More to come.
casey64
10/4/08 7:17:06PM

Posted by DCRage

UPDATE: The main event MAY be back on again. This from BloodyElbow.com:

We are now hearing that EliteXC officials may have found a doctor who may clear Shamrock tonight after all. EliteXC may be on the verge of dodging a bullet of epic proportions.

More to come.

I hope they keep this fight on, I'm staying right here until more info.
DCRage
10/4/08 7:35:02PM
Here's your more info courtesy of Dave Meltzer: It's back on. Shamrock apparently has been cleared.

PS-Probably not going to update results again until showtime. My head is spinning like crazy keeping up with the Shamrock developments and I need to get my mind (and PC) away from MMA for a little bit. See y'all at 9.
casey64
10/4/08 7:39:30PM

Posted by DCRage

Here's your more info courtesy of Dave Meltzer: It's back on. Shamrock apparently has been cleared.

Awesome, my hopes just got back up again.
FrankTheTank1181
10/4/08 7:50:54PM
I wonder which "doctor" they found to clear Shamrock? Dr. Pepper? Dr. Huxtable? Doogie Howser maybe?
Kracker_Jap
10/4/08 8:07:29PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Isnt it against the rules to say somebody is going to win a fight now

Cant wait for this card i think its going to be sick. I just hope i can stay awake.

I never used the word win
juanez13
10/4/08 8:12:35PM
Conor Heun beats Edson Berto by TKO Rnd 2
FlashyG
10/4/08 8:13:45PM
James Edson Berto vs. Conor Heun
Round 1
Berto throws a big head kick but Heun blocks it for the most part as the fight gets off to a quick start. Berto finding his range, but Heun refuses to back down. Heun throws a leg kick that Berto catches before dropping Heun to the mat with a straight right hand. Heun tries to stand but Berto locks up a guillotine and falls to his guard. Heun easily escapes and the two men scramble for position. Berto, back on his feet, begins to unload landing a series of punches before exclamating the flurry with a hard body kick. There is no quit in Heun, who takes the fight back to the ground where he goes to work from Berto's guard. Heun aggressively pounds away until the bell and opens up a cut around Berto's left eye. The late offensive by Heun garners him the nod on the Sherdog.com scorecard 10-9.

Round 2
Heun charges across the cage slinging leather the entire way as the second round starts. Berto avoids the worst of it before landing a big flying knee. Heun doesn't budge a bit and slams Berto to the mat and begins a ground and pound barrage. During the attack he drops a downward elbow and Referee Troy Waugh immediately halts the action to take a point from Heun. Undeterred, Heun takes the fight back to the mat and pounds Berto with hammerfists and elbow from the top. This time Waugh steps in to protect a bloody and battered Berto. Conner Heun is awarded the TKO victory at 2:18 of the second round.
juanez13
10/4/08 8:25:12PM
Shamrock Left Arena, He will not fight tonight

Seth vs Rosa fight skipped, might mean that Seth might be Kimbo's Opponent.
hotrodttt
10/4/08 8:37:34PM
I knew Edson would gas, Connar was just too Great of a Wrestler, that's why I called it
DCRage
10/4/08 8:40:11PM
Mrs. Cyborg is just destroying Yoko. Could very well be a 30-24.

Edit: Not quite. 2 30-27s and 1 30-26 for Mrs. Cyborg.

8:55 PM update: We have a replacement for Shamrock: Seth Petruzelli.
Kracker_Jap
10/4/08 9:04:55PM

Posted by juanez13

Shamrock Left Arena, He will not fight tonight

Seth vs Rosa fight skipped, might mean that Seth might be Kimbo's Opponent.

IMO seth would beat Shamrock so this is bad news for kimbo IMO
imanidiot777
10/4/08 9:07:55PM
EliteXC planned this so Kimbo wouldn't lose........I hope whoever said Seth would win is right, I hope he knocks Kimbo out so hard to shut up Shaw.
DCRage
10/4/08 9:10:17PM
A few reports I read earlier today said Seth is a bad opponent for Kimbo, so Kimbo likely is in trouble...but win or lose, so is EXC. They needed this fight to happen, and even though Ken hopes it'll happen next time, there may not be a next time.
MALICE
10/4/08 9:15:19PM
Wow, Frank sure showed a lot of love for his brother right there.
DCRage
10/4/08 9:17:10PM
Facesmashing Fu? That seriously is Benji Radach's fighting style?
MALICE
10/4/08 9:23:47PM
Wow!!! What a round!!!!
hotrodttt
10/4/08 9:27:26PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Wow!!! What a round!!!!

Yeah that's a hard one to score but I have to give it to Ninja Finishing Strong
DCRage
10/4/08 9:27:54PM
Another Rua down. Radach by KO.
MALICE
10/4/08 9:29:26PM
Big mistake by Rua
hotrodttt
10/4/08 9:30:09PM
I knew I should have picked Benji, I was so close to Picking him too
DCRage
10/4/08 9:30:28PM
Watching the replay I was thinking "TUF KO" from this last episode. Both fights ended almost the exact same way.

This voice editing (muting out stuff on the broadcast) is p*****g me off.
MALICE
10/4/08 9:31:12PM

Posted by DCRage

This voice editing (muting out stuff on the broadcast) is p*****g me off.

I hear ya!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4