EliteXC Fighter Fails Drug Test, Suspended

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » EliteXC Fighter Fails Drug Test, Suspended
DCRage
5/16/08 5:03:30PM
Gary Shaw's plans to expand EliteXC's Women's divisionmay have just taken a hit. Recent EXC signee Carina Damm, who was to have fought on June 27, has tested positive for Nandrolone according to the CSAC and has been suspended 1 year and fined $2500. She'll be eligible to fight again on April 2, 2009.

Article
Aether
5/16/08 5:14:50PM
female MMA is already struggling enough to gain viewer support without someone getting caught for steroids. I'm not a big fan personally, but I still like to see MMA grow any way that it can... This probably won't be very helpful to their cause. Steroid abuse is the kind of thing that can happen in an established sport and no one cares, but when it happens in a struggling sport it can be very damaging to the growth of the sport as a whole.
The_hungry_lumberjack
5/16/08 5:18:30PM
****, now the women are testing positive too. Come on guys/women use your heads, no effing PED's.
Raykill
5/16/08 5:39:47PM

Posted by DCRage

Gary Shaw's plans to expand EliteXC's Women's divisionmay have just taken a hit. Recent EXC signee Carina Damm, who was to have fought on June 27, has tested positive for Nandrolone according to the CSAC and has been suspended 1 year and fined $2500. She'll be eligible to fight again on April 2, 2009.

Article

For those that dont know..

Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid occurring naturally in the human body, albeit in small quantities. Nandrolone is most commonly sold commercially as its decanoate ester (Deca-Durabolin) and less commonly as a phenylpropionate ester (Durabolin). Nandrolone decanoate is used in the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women (though now not recommended) at a dose of 50 mg every three weeks.

I guess she can try to say she is postmenopausal, except I dont think shes that old...
DCRage
5/16/08 6:06:17PM
The original article apparently doesn't mention that Damm is the first female MMA fighter to fail a drug test.
MMAcca
5/17/08 9:07:30AM

Posted by Raykill

Posted by DCRage

Article

For those that dont know..

Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid occurring naturally in the human body, albeit in small quantities. Nandrolone is most commonly sold commercially as its decanoate ester (Deca-Durabolin) and less commonly as a phenylpropionate ester (Durabolin). Nandrolone decanoate is used in the treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women (though now not recommended) at a dose of 50 mg every three weeks.

I guess she can try to say she is postmenopausal, except I dont think shes that old...

Interesting. Cheers for that