With EliteXC downfall, Who should the UFC be picking up?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » With EliteXC downfall, Who should the UFC be picking up?
4u2nv
10/21/08 10:57:28AM
So who should they be contacting? Kimbo? Gina?

Personally, I really only want Feijao, Alvarez, Lawler and maybeee Big foot and Shields.

Other than that....meh not to interested in.
Fearless915
10/21/08 11:01:04AM
well not any girls, the UFC will never have girls fighting (thank you), hopefully they will at least pick up Shields
Franklinfan47
10/21/08 11:29:09AM

Posted by 4u2nv

So who should they be contacting? Kimbo? Gina?

Personally, I really only want Feijao, Alvarez, Lawler and maybeee Big foot and Shields.

Other than that....meh not to interested in.

I think you covered it pretty well. The ufc will never pick up Kimbo on principle. I would like to see what Feijao could do in the ufc, along with bigfoot. Besides them, Alvarez, Lawler, Diaz, Radach, Ninja Rua, Shields, Smokin Joe would all be great additions.
DCRage
10/21/08 11:30:29AM
Definitely not Kimbo. I'm thinking Shields, Alvarez, Diaz, Feijao, Lawler, and maybe some of the ShoXC guys. Wilson Reis (their first and only Bantamweight Champion) could be a nice addition to WEC's bantamweight division. The women won't be coming to UFC, AFL is probably their best bet.
gsquat
10/21/08 11:36:45AM
Yes. Get Diaz, Lawler, BigFoot, and Shields. If they ever have a female division, Obviously Carano.
wiggum
10/21/08 11:46:27AM
no kimbo...plain and simple.....they were toeing the fine line getting lesnar, proved to be alright so far tho.....other than that:

lawler...overated shields (bring him in so people can see hes overated)...wouldnt mind seeing daley in there after his last performance, albiet it was a loss, hes very exciting...imagine him and paul taylor..damn!.....fiejo (sp?)....diaz...alveraz fo sho...big foot silva.....i wouldnt mind seeing villasenor in the ufc for atleast a fight
AchillesHeel
10/21/08 12:06:21PM
I don't know whether Alvarez actually signed with EliteXC, but I think it might be a moot point. Alvarez's stated goal was to compete for both DREAM and EliteXC, and we already know there isn't any chance that Dana White would sign him to a non-exclusive contract. If Alvarez is still under contract to DREAM, he won't be fighting in the UFC.

gsquat
10/21/08 12:25:22PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I don't know whether Alvarez actually signed with EliteXC, but I think it might be a moot point. Alvarez's stated goal was to compete for both DREAM and EliteXC, and we already know there isn't any chance that Dana White would sign him to a non-exclusive contract. If Alvarez is still under contract to DREAM, he won't be fighting in the UFC.

Word. Thats why I didnt say Alvarez. He'd be a given though.
grappler0000
10/21/08 12:27:17PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I believe he's actually under contract to Adrenaline...I think Monty has just been loaning him out like he's doing with Sylvia.
ohiostate1016
10/21/08 12:33:35PM
1. Jake Shields

and that's purdy much it.
jocka
10/21/08 12:45:13PM
Shields, big foot and Lawler, I hate to say this but I just want to see shield be tooled with because imo he is overated, as far as lawler and bigfoot will be great addition to thin ufc division.
Darwinist
10/21/08 1:11:19PM
Bigfoot Silva is out for awhile fighting his steroid charge, and I don't even know if he's physically able to cut to 265....

IF he overcomes those hurdles, I´d love to see him in the UFC vs Carwin, Lesnar, Cain V. and Werdum in 2 years or so.

AchillesHeel
10/21/08 1:27:12PM
I don't think anyone's mentioned Brett Rogers or Dave Herman yet. They're both 20-something giants who knock the crap out of people, which is always good for an Ultimate Fight Night card. They're 8-0 and 12-0, respectively, and neither has ever fought to a Decision; in fact, of their 20 combined fights, only one even lasted beyond the first round. Fight Matrix ranks Herman 30th and Rogers 40th. TopGunMMA ranks them 21st and 20th, respectively.

Some thought Kimbo was ducking Rogers, although I think it's more likely that EliteXC was avoiding making that matchup. My guess is Rogers would have smashed Kimbo, much like Petruzzelli eventually did.
cmb19932
10/21/08 1:32:43PM
i say they get kimbo i mean think about it first its free publicity and second dana insults kimbo and the only way to prove kimbo suck( witch he does)is to let him get handled by lesnar randy or nog even herring honestly i think the ufc should take kimbo in and kill his image once and for all
MMAcca
10/21/08 3:20:46PM
Lawler
Carano
Shields
Daley
Brett Rogers
Feijao
Nick Diaz
Twenty20Dollars
10/21/08 4:35:44PM
Alvarez, Lawler, Diaz, Radach, Ninja Rua, Shields, Smokin Joe, Big Foot, Brett Rogers, Dave Herman. Then have some of the lighter guys go to WEC.

But I actually think more people will be picked by Affliction like kimbo

And I'll sign Gina
MMAcca
10/21/08 4:37:17PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

And I'll sign Gina

Will you be considering loaning her out ?
slapshot
10/21/08 4:55:22PM
I think more fighters will be heading to the WEC than the UFC but Im happy with that.

To bad Nick hates the UFC maybe he will re-consider and sign with them but dont hold your breath.
loonytnt
10/21/08 5:15:45PM
get kimbo so the world can see what type of fighter he is imo, but dana is notgoing to pay him 500k, but i can see dana gettin him because he can make money off him
cmb19932
10/21/08 6:25:35PM

get kimbo so the world can see what type of fighter he is imo, but dana is notgoing to pay him 500k, but i can see dana gettin him because he can make money off him

i agree but at the same time dana is to proud to sing kimbo
prozacnation1978
10/21/08 8:47:16PM
i say no less than 6 will be in the ufc with the two top guys being lawler and shields

next you have big foot, rodgers and dave herman for heavyweight class adding a big boost of youth

6th person will be feijao

wild card joey villasoner and nick diaz
fonduktoe
10/22/08 2:27:50AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i say no less than 6 will be in the ufc with the two top guys being lawler and shields

next you have big foot, rodgers and dave herman for heavyweight class adding a big boost of youth

6th person will be feijao

wild card joey villasoner and nick diaz

but add alvarez
RhythmAndStyle
10/22/08 11:17:03AM
i would say Shields..so some of the WW can kick the shit outta him...
RhythmAndStyle
10/22/08 11:23:32AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Alvarez, Lawler, Diaz, Radach, Ninja Rua, Shields, Smokin Joe, Big Foot, Brett Rogers, Dave Herman. Then have some of the lighter guys go to WEC.

But I actually think more people will be picked by Affliction like kimbo

And I'll sign Gina

i don't think the UFC will be pickin up Brett Rogers,Smokin Joe,Dave Herman or Ninja Rua..there's no future with those guy..maybe Brett..but thats it..Joe and the rest with probably go to Affliction or Japan...