EliteXC Announces the Acquisition of King of the Cage

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » EliteXC Announces the Acquisition of King of the Cage
DevonFoxy
9/13/07 3:41:33PM
Link

"Elite Xtreme Combat (EliteXC) today announced the acquisition of King of the Cage Inc., a large and veteran mixed-martial-arts organization that hosts shows throughout North America."
duggy
9/13/07 4:17:30PM
didnt they also pick up cage rage just a bit ago? this reminds me of UFC's acquisition of WEC a bit ago. but i dont think it will even be noticed by the mma monopoly that is the UFC. if they go get K-1 or strikeforce who have some quality fighters to add to their stable, will any serious notice be taken.
rcg916
9/13/07 4:49:57PM
They are just buying up everyone... Sounds good to me, as long as they dont get in over their heads.

Anyone that followed wrestling back in the day...

I see a rise and fall equal to WCW proportions with this company. Spend, spend, spend... then bankrupt.

Sure hope not though...
grappler0000
9/13/07 5:22:49PM

Posted by duggy

didnt they also pick up cage rage just a bit ago? this reminds me of UFC's acquisition of WEC a bit ago. but i dont think it will even be noticed by the mma monopoly that is the UFC. if they go get K-1 or strikeforce who have some quality fighters to add to their stable, will any serious notice be taken.

They have already partnered with Strikeforce and K-1, so those shows actually already are a co-promotion of Elite XC/ProElite.
loonytnt
9/13/07 5:33:04PM
i think its a good thing
EddieBowers
9/13/07 7:07:11PM
I think this is a good thing. King of the cage has some good fighters to watch.
duggy
9/13/07 10:29:49PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by duggy

They have already partnered with Strikeforce and K-1, so those shows actually already are a co-promotion of Elite XC/ProElite.

sweet. youre right. i cant believe i already forgot about the frank shamrock fight with baroni. between elite xc, cage rage, k1, and strikeforce they have a pretty good stable of fighters. if they all flew under one banner it would be really sweet.