ELITEXC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » ELITEXC
loller90278
1/20/07 3:22:59PM
its the mma organization on shotime!
the first bout looks actually very good

renzoo gracie vs frank shamrock
it airs february 10th
other mentionable fighters that are in the league are antonio silva, joey villesenor, possibly nick diaz and others

anybody want to wager a bet on shamrock/gracie?
hippysmacker
1/22/07 9:08:58PM
I hate to say it, but I'll take shamrock fro $50 if anybody wants to bet. I beleve he's overrated , but still better than Renzo
ninesevensix
1/25/07 9:30:03PM
Nice, I'm now glad that I didn't cancel showtime. Is it going to be on the main showtime channel?
the-james
1/29/07 6:36:22PM
Im really not interressted in the shamrock gracie fight its just not getting me excited if you know what i mean, the only fight im excited for is the loaiseau fight.

I dont think elite xc will last
hippysmacker
1/29/07 7:27:46PM
They have showtimes money and they are doing a good job of signing available exciting fighter's. I hope they survive, more MMA is always a good thing.
Stickan
1/29/07 8:00:08PM
I doubt Diaz will be on it now that he's got a contract with Pride.

Shamrock - Gracie is probably in danger too now that Strikeforce is suing Frank.

The only two fighters that seem to be on their card that I'm interested in seeing are Loiseau and Villasenor. Joey is way underrated and his fight vs Chonan was incredible.
hippysmacker
1/30/07 4:00:02AM

Posted by Stickan

I doubt Diaz will be on it now that he's got a contract with Pride.

Shamrock - Gracie is probably in danger too now that Strikeforce is suing Frank.

The only two fighters that seem to be on their card that I'm interested in seeing are Loiseau and Villasenor. Joey is way underrated and his fight vs Chonan was incredible.

I think that the Lawler vs Villasenor fight was stopped to early myself.
aceprone
1/31/07 3:01:53PM
I'm just glad to see Frank fight for once. I hope his next oppenent besides Baroni, be someone like Lindland or Jeremy Horn. Even David Lauesou would be awsome! If he think's he is the best he should face the best with all the trash he talks.
Svartorm
1/31/07 6:05:30PM
A rematch with Horn would probably be a good fight. Horn gave him the most trouble out of his UFC fights.
ffforgottenx
2/1/07 3:43:32PM
i think they have some great fighters signed, like louiseau, villasenor, antonio silva, mike pyle, ross ebanez, krazy horse, etc.. but i dont know how well they are going to actually do as an organization.. it could be another case of big-money guys that don't know how to run an MMA organization (ie, WFA) and end up being done with the whole thing as fast as they got started.. we will know soon enough i guess.. just my two cents
crimethinc
2/2/07 3:52:43AM
I just don't know if I'll be able to stand Bill Goldberg and Mario "AC Slater" Lopez as the commentators.
hippysmacker
2/2/07 4:24:09AM

Posted by crimethinc

I just don't know if I'll be able to stand Bill Goldberg and Mario "AC Slater" Lopez as the commentators.

Sound off ,self commentating could be the order of the day.
Svartorm
2/2/07 4:25:34AM
That can't possibly be worse than the original UFC crew or Jim Brown, Cynthia Rothrick, and that guy that said Judu and Sumu.
hippysmacker
2/2/07 4:45:27AM

Posted by Svartorm

That can't possibly be worse than the original UFC crew or Jim Brown, Cynthia Rothrick, and that guy that said Judu and Sumu.

Jim Brown , bad announcer definately, but still the funniest comment ever in MMA IMO. When Joe Son got repeatedly nutpunched and tapped out. "well, I guess if you get hit about 10 times to the groin you have to go out, I would". Priceless!
Svartorm
2/2/07 5:05:11AM
He was good for a laugh now and again, but in that unintentional way.

And for the record, I think the funniest MMA comment was when they showed Jason Giambi in the audience at a UFC, and when Goldie said "I wonder what hes drinking?" Rogan mumbled "Probably a cup of steroids."
pv3Hpv3p
2/2/07 9:21:49AM
Anybody think Junior Silva / cabbage is going to be decent? I like watching heavy weights and think Antonio might come into his own... Pretty agile guy for his size...