EliteXC-10/4 In Florida On CBS

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » EliteXC-10/4 In Florida On CBS
DCRage
7/28/08 8:06:30AM
EliteXC: October 4, 2008 on CBS (CBS/EliteXC Saturday Night Fights Series Show 3 of 4)
Venue: BankAtlantic Center in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Main card airs live on CBS
CBS fights:
vs.
Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. Ken Shamrock

vs.
EliteXC Welterweight Champion Jake Shields vs. Cage Rage Welterweight Champion Paul Daley for the EliteXC Title

vs.
Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobald

vs.
Benji Radach vs. Murilo Rua

Prelim fights:
vs.
Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos vs. Yoko Takahashi (may air on CBS if time permits)

vs.
Mike Aina vs. Edson Berto

vs.
Crafton Wallace vs. TBA

vs.
Lorenzo Borgomeo vs. TBA

vs.
Seth Petruzelli vs. TBA

Additionally, there are rumors that the CBS/EXC deal for Saturday Night Fights will be renewed through 2009.
The_Ho_Bag
7/28/08 2:43:07PM
WAR gina =) aha
DCRage
8/14/08 8:17:33AM
Another women's fight may be added to the card, the current rumor is Cristiane Cyborg (Santos) vs. Yoko Takahashi. Naturally I imagine Gina and Mrs. Cyborg will take a keen interest in the other's fight should both happen. With Gary out they might not be able to "protect" Gina much more after this, if both win I sense that if you're gonna make the Womens' Title in EXC, you gotta do Gina vs. Cyborg unless there are multiple weight classes.

Takahashi primarily fights for Smackgirl (Japan) and has a career mark of 13-9. She's more a submission fighter with 9 wins by tapout. Last fight was September '07, lost a unainmous decision to Hiroko Hiroko.
emfleek
8/14/08 9:16:16AM
That picture of Gina is going on my bathroom wall.

copcopps
8/14/08 12:31:44PM
KK is just too nice for me to go against her. I think Gina's cool and a nice person but I think she lacks the dedication to be a true fighter for me to like or pick against Kelly

Also I love Japanese female fighters I think they're cute and cool but Ms Santos is sexy and badass so... Santos by Axe Murdering
DCRage
8/14/08 1:05:43PM
Yeah, I almost hate to see Takahashi go up against Cristiane. Now if it was another Japanese cutie against Yoko, fine with me. But Mrs. Cyborg? If what she did against Shayna is any indication, it won't be pretty. The obvious question: Will we see another premature celebration? I've been watching a couple of Kelly's old fights from BodogFight, much like Kaitlin she certainly won't be a walkover for Gina. I don't think I'll pick her to win of course but I will give Kelly more than a puncher's chance. EXC does need to be like Bodog with the women, make their fights 5 minute rounds instead of 3 minutes. They can go the whole 5 and then some.
The_Ho_Bag
8/14/08 1:28:10PM

Posted by copcopps
but Ms Santos is sexy and badass so... Santos by Axe Murdering

santos is badass yes but sexy far from it, she scares me and kinda looks like a man but badass indeed
emfleek
8/14/08 1:37:02PM

Posted by copcopps

but Ms Santos is sexy

The_Ho_Bag
8/14/08 11:27:55PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by copcopps

but Ms Santos is sexy

copcopps
8/15/08 11:05:27AM
knew I would get flak for that. But hey each to his own.

Anyway I'm still kinda on the fence with the Kimbo-Rogers fight. I mean Rogers KOed Thompson much faster than Kimbo did. However standing and banging with Slice isn't that smart of a gameplan so that's why I didn't give out my picks for that fight.
DCRage
8/15/08 11:08:10AM
I think it's a good fight. They can't protect Kimbo forever and there's legit heat so this could be EXC's version of Penn-Sherk. If Kimbo can beat Rogers it's another step closer to legitimacy. If Rogers wins it'll show he can back up his mouth. either way, the winner could find themselves near the front of the line to be one of the first challengers, if not the first, for Antonio SIlva's EXC HW Title.
copcopps
8/15/08 11:15:41AM

I actually admire Brett's guts to call Kimbo out and all I have to say is "Let them fight."
emfleek
8/15/08 11:25:43AM
I'm going with Brett Rogers all the way on this one.

I'm hoping the wagers are favoring Kimbo, too. I'll bank.
DCRage
8/15/08 3:10:02PM
Sounds like Cyborg-Takahashi is going to be moved up to the 9/20 event. So maybe after this night they can make the women's titles.

Edit: Actually, they're possibly going to make a 139 title tonight during the ShoXC card. And for those who missed it, 9/20 is off.
DCRage
8/21/08 10:46:06AM
Quick card update: Jake Shields vs. Paul Daley is now set for the card. It's to be for Shields' EliteXC Welterweight Title, which could make Daley a double champion given he holds the Cage Rage Welterweight Title.

And before it spreads into here, KIMBO VS. SEAN GANNON IS NOT HAPPENING!
Proof
Get over it already. Gina Carano vs. Kelly Kobald should be made official soon, bout agreements have been sent to both sides.