Elite XC go to the show support mma

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Elite XC go to the show support mma
bootyclause
5/14/08 12:39:18AM
35 bucks for cheap seats at the NJ Elite XC show. easy train or car ride to the sweet new arena. It wontr hurt MMA if the show is weak but since MMA doesnt come around to the Northeast that much we should all get out to support the ones that come around. Try to make a good crowd for MMA network debut!
Kpro
5/14/08 12:40:23AM

Posted by bootyclause

35 bucks for cheap seats at the NJ Elite XC show. easy train or car ride to the sweet new arena. It wontr hurt MMA if the show is weak but since MMA doesnt come around to the Northeast that much we should all get out to support the ones that come around. Try to make a good crowd for MMA network debut!

That so inexpensive that I'd buy two tickets just so I didn't have to set my beer on the floor.
juanez13
5/14/08 7:01:14AM
i'd say its more Important for people to watch it Live on CBS, The number that they draw will give us an Idea of where MMA is in the mainstream, but they draw low number than CBS wont want them anymore and would set MMA back as its trying to break into mainstream, but if they draw Big Number, than CBS will push for more shows, and it will be much easier for the UFC/mma to land on network TV since they now know it will draw big.
bootyclause
5/14/08 5:14:25PM

Posted by juanez13

i'd say its more Important for people to watch it Live on CBS, The number that they draw will give us an Idea of where MMA is in the mainstream, but they draw low number than CBS wont want them anymore and would set MMA back as its trying to break into mainstream, but if they draw Big Number, than CBS will push for more shows, and it will be much easier for the UFC/mma to land on network TV since they now know it will draw big.

I agree 100%, but TV ratings are still based on a small sample from what I konw. So Im guessing there is either 1 or zero people who use this site who also are part of the TV ratings sample group. So when I watch TV, they dont know what channel Im watching.

Since I dont have any impact on TV ratings, I can only help MMA grow by going to shows and buying PPV's, dvd's or gear. Im not saying people should give over their life savings - just be aware that by spending money and showing up can help the sport u love grow more. I buy PPV's but outside that I havent seen more than 1 IFL show. Im going out to Elite XC so I can see a good show and they can hopefully have a good crowd to make the TV show more exciting.
Kpro
5/14/08 9:11:14PM
All MMA fans should volunteer to be a Nielsen ratings household.

Create a skewered idea of MMA ratings and we'd have sponsors throwing cash all around.

If this was possible to organize, I'd participate, but it would be a very large scale plan.
Darnok
5/15/08 5:25:20PM
I am still undecided if this first show on CBS is good for MMA or not. Of course the upside is that it is MMA on primetime but the downside is that it is Kimbo on Primetime which reflects negatively on MMA.

I don't know, it would have been much easier if they didn't push Kimbo as the end all of MMA.
holt8081
5/16/08 4:59:21PM
I like it cuz I dont have showtime and I like to watch Gina fight.
bigbubbano23
5/17/08 10:58:23PM
maaad goood i can't wait to see this.