Elite XC signs Cyrille "The Snake" Diabaté

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Elite XC signs Cyrille "The Snake" Diabaté
ToeZup
4/8/08 11:23:46AM
Looks like Elite XC has signed the 12-6 Muay Thai fighter Cyrille Diabaté. The information comes from his blog. The contracts is for 1 year/3 fights.

He is a good stand up guy. His last loss was a couple years ago to Shogun. He is a streaky fighter but i'm looking forward to watching this 6'6" 205lber fight in the cage.

http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/fightfinder/Pictures/Fighter_2191.JPG
coldchillin
4/8/08 12:54:54PM
yeah, he's definitely a better fighter than his record would suggest. Elite's LHW division seems to be lacking the most compared to their other divisions... it's a good signing for them. .
tylerlee123
4/8/08 6:11:10PM
If Im not mistakin, but I think I am didn't Diabate beat Shogun on the stand up a couple years ago thats what I read on a sherdog forum im pretty sure
ToeZup
4/8/08 6:21:42PM

Posted by tylerlee123

If Im not mistakin, but I think I am didn't Diabate beat Shogun on the stand up a couple years ago thats what I read on a sherdog forum im pretty sure

I never got to see the fight. In the end Shogun won but I wouldn't be surprised if he did win the stand up battle. Diabate's stand up is great.
RMFG_187
4/8/08 6:45:51PM
Shogun was losing at first, but then pulled summin outta his ass to win.
juanez13
4/8/08 6:46:07PM
just to refresh everyone's mind here, he is the guy that shogun stomped like 15 times, where shogun was basically jumping on the guys face