Elite XC Results

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Elite XC Results
« Previous Page | Next Page »
wolfman
5/31/08 10:58:43PM
Damn!!! I hate to see the fight go down like that!!!
Copenhagen
5/31/08 10:59:29PM
Elite XC management must be upset with this one on prime time. Oh well, get to see JT lay the smack down sooner now.
hotrodttt
5/31/08 11:03:50PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

NOW THAT STOPPAGE IS TOTAL BULLSHIT

EDIT: 4th Stoppage tonight

I Totally Agree with You, Scott was fine but just caught a Finger
juanez13
5/31/08 11:05:25PM
wtf was with the crowd anyways??? didnt think it was boring at all, at any time in the fight. Probably worst crowd i've ever seen

anways alot of stoppages, great fight though, although i gotta say the poke didnt look that bad, + smiths reaction after the fight, + close up on his face (eye) ....it didnt look bad at all, his eye wasnt even red. seen worse, but o well, cant complain since im not a doctor.

wolfman
5/31/08 11:06:32PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

NOW THAT STOPPAGE IS TOTAL BULLSHIT

EDIT: 4th Stoppage tonight

I Totally Agree with You, Scott was fine but just caught a Finger

That is what happens when fights are on primetime...You get conservative reffing and doctor stoppages. Oh well, at least we get to see MMA on primetime and we've seen some great fights tonight! I'm trying to be more optimistic about it...
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/31/08 11:08:03PM
SCOTT SMITH: " I wouldv'e probably gotten knocked out but I don't care, I wanted one of us to go down."

Even If I had Lawler winning, whatever man Smith is the man, EliteXc is pretty much a joke to me.
wolfman
5/31/08 11:10:58PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

SCOTT SMITH: " I wouldv'e probably gotten knocked out but I don't care, I wanted one of us to go down."

Even If I had Lawler winning, whatever man Smith is the man, EliteXc is pretty much a joke to me.

Why is Elite XC a joke??? There's been some amazing fights tonight, it's not the organization's fault that the refs/docs are calling early stoppages. You also have to remember that they feel like they have to be more conservative with their calls due to obvious reasons...They don't want the new viewers turning in to see "late" stoppages. You know in there eyes they would think that and the execs at CBS are watching closely. If it looks brutal to us, imagine what new viewers must think.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/31/08 11:17:47PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Why is a Elite XC a joke??? There's been some amazing fights tonight, it's not the organizations fault that the refs/docs are calling early stoppages. You also have to remember that they feel like they have to be more conservative with their calls due to obvious reasons...

Yeah your'e right, I'm sorry. I guess i'm just used to the UFC standards, or any other MMA org. that iv'e seen up to date. Honestly tonight's fights did not impress me at all for a so called huge "Primetime Network TV" debut for EliteXc. IMO they have failed of making any kind of impact.
wolfman
5/31/08 11:22:46PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by wolfman

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Why is a Elite XC a joke??? There's been some amazing fights tonight, it's not the organizations fault that the refs/docs are calling early stoppages. You also have to remember that they feel like they have to be more conservative with their calls due to obvious reasons...

Yeah your'e right, I'm sorry. I guess i'm just used to the UFC standards, or any other MMA org. that iv'e seen up to date. Honestly tonight's fights did not impress me at all for a so called huge "Primetime Network TV" debut for EliteXc. IMO they have failed of making any kind of impact.

No problem, you're just venting. I feel your pain though! I've enjoyed nearly all the fights so far and the prelims were pretty good too(Reis is a beast and Makowski looks promising). There's been some nice TKO's and submissions, but yeah the early stoppages suck!
MALICE
5/31/08 11:41:17PM
What was that?
Copenhagen
5/31/08 11:41:34PM
BULLSHIT! They don't call the fight when Kimbo doesn't defend himself for 2 min. Yet they call the fight while JT is standing!
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/31/08 11:41:43PM
Stoppage ...
wolfman
5/31/08 11:42:10PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

What was that?

Another premature stoppage.....
hotrodttt
5/31/08 11:43:06PM
JT Bitch Slapped Dan Mergliotta
flainthefacerh
5/31/08 11:44:09PM
well. kimbos not that good
hotrodttt
5/31/08 11:44:27PM
Although JT wasn't Knocked Out, his ear Exploded Open ! That's gross
owen1
5/31/08 11:45:48PM
I think Kimbo was going to finish him anyway but that stoppage wass B*LLSHIT.
Elite XC was a bit of a joke with all these shitty stoppages.
MALICE
5/31/08 11:46:29PM
Was that even a stoppage? I dont know what to call that. I mean, I think it crossed a lot of our minds, that it appeared rigged, but didn't really believe it. But, Kimbo taking Elbows and not moving for well over a minute. And then that. I want to know the reason for that stoppage.

Well....your ear was bleeding, so I couldnt allow you to continue, because it was a serious RISK TO YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!! C'MON!!!!!

Did anyone else see the resemblance to a WWE event?

Oh Well!! Who wants to see Kimbo and Rogers?
ncordless
5/31/08 11:46:39PM
I hope that there is never another mma event in New Jersey. The refs and doctors need to all be fired and ashamed of themselves.

That said, JT was on his way to sleep in that fight... just wish they would of let it get finished.

Actually a pretty damn good fight compared to what I thought it would be. Hats off to both fighters for actually making it an MMA fight, which was more than every other fight on the TV except for the women.

Best I've seen JT in a while, but man does he get rocked sometimes.
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/31/08 11:47:31PM
EliteXc shouldn't do anything with cbs anymore IMO
89vision
5/31/08 11:48:38PM
im more pissed about them stopping the Lawler Smith fight, that should have been the main event hands down, but it seemed tonight they were stopping the bloody fights with any reason at all, the Carano Young fight was stopped after they got a look at Youngs face, and there was a bad cut early on, and James' ear popped with blood spurting out, to James' credit he has made me a fan, he showed his chin is better than expected getting hit by kimbo for 2 rounds, i think he woulda got ko'd but they shoulda let it go 1 or 2 more punches

i was pretty mad at the boxing mentality in the audience tonight..... booing as Robbie and Scott were trading lots of hard shots??????? what do they want, a fountain of blood and battle axes??? jeez
dstlvb
5/31/08 11:50:25PM
you cant justify that stoppage when in the second round JT took the exact same huge shots and was allowed to continue and get Kimbo down where he had no way to defend himself yet was allowed to sit there till the bell. With all the fights over all this was a terrible first showing on Primtime
bojangalz
6/1/08 12:03:29AM
A couple of things-

JT was in trouble a few times, and they let it go. Kimbo had no ground defense for the better part of two minutes and they let it go. But when it's getting down to the final few minutes and it looks like Kimbo could lose, the ref jumps in to the second he sees a half-legit opening. No question the ref was told by Elite XC execs to take it easy on their money pot star attraction.

But here's what I'm taking away from it all. JT doesn't deserve to win when he's passing to side control all night. THAT GUY COULD HAVE MOUNTED KIMBO AT A MOMENTS NOTICE. I'm not sure what the hell he was thinking. Bottom line- he let Kimbo get up over and over again. Rediculous. There is no way Kimbo defeats a half-decent heavyweight, or one with any jits whatsoever. Kudo's to XC for matching him up against someone who could "test" him, but I think they saw this one slipping away and stepped in. (By the way, did anyone catch the questionable elbows that Kimbo threw twice?)

JT would have gone down in the next 10 seconds if Kimbo was fresh, but he could barely keep his hands up. My guess is that JT would have closed the distance again and survived.

My opinion- neither deserves a victory here. JT should have mounted in the 1st or 2nd and ended it there. Kimbo should have put him away when he had the chance, but clearly didn't have the gas in the tank. And finally Elite XC should be ashamed of themselves for the entire night. Yeah- Yeah, great job getting it on Network TV and all, but questionable stoppages all night long and Carano coming in over weight. I'm not at all impressed.
rabbit915
6/1/08 12:03:43AM

Posted by DCRage

I nominate their botched touch of gloves at the start of round 1 for tonight's FAIL Of The Night. Way off target.

You could nominate it, but considering all the controversy that followed, im not sure that it would win.
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/1/08 12:06:20AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Was that even a stoppage? I dont know what to call that. I mean, I think it crossed a lot of our minds, that it appeared rigged, but didn't really believe it. But, Kimbo taking Elbows and not moving for well over a minute. And then that. I want to know the reason for that stoppage.

Well....your ear was bleeding, so I couldnt allow you to continue, because it was a serious RISK TO YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!! C'MON!!!!!

i def wanna see kimbo vs rogers
89vision
6/1/08 12:09:08AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by xxMALICExx

i def wanna see kimbo vs rogers

after tonights fight, im picking rogers
Fanboy 1988
6/1/08 1:10:37AM
Even though JT looked like he on his way to being knocked out it still didn't give the ref the right to stop the fight. He was still moving around and was active when the fight was called. In fact it was one of the worste calls I've ever seen, could they even lable that a tko? If it was the ear that lead to the call he should have brought a doctor in to look at it and make a decision, seeing as JT was still wanting and able to fight.
gartface
6/1/08 1:14:13AM

Posted by Fanboy 1988

Even though JT looked like he on his way to being knocked out it still didn't give the ref the right to stop the fight. He was still moving around and was active when the fight was called. In fact it was one of the worste calls I've ever seen, could they even lable that a tko? If it was the ear that lead to the call he should have brought a doctor in to look at it and make a decision, seeing as JT was still wanting and able to fight.

It's in JT's best interest that he was stopped. He could have gotten some serious damage, as well as maybe his ear getting ripped off. (seriously)
CanadianCripplr
6/1/08 2:02:13AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Copenhagen

I'm really not into the whole watching two girls fight thing. I can't find myself getting into it like watching two guys beat each other up. I hope UFC never catches on to this.

Couldn't disagree with you anymore. I loved watching them fight and would like to see them in the UFC, but everyone has different opinions. Awesome fight!!!

I agree, I found myself enjoying it more than I thought I would. Did u see that womans eye getting bigger and bluer by the second? Seems weird to watch women pound each others pretty faces, then give her a kiss afterwards.
RMFG_187
6/1/08 2:27:23AM
ARE U KIDDING ME!!!!!!!

SOMEONE ALREADY HAS $150 000 OFF THEY'RE PARLAY!!

Good picking 89vision, but bad for the rest of us.

start the season over?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4