Elite XC Renegade Play by Play WARNING! SPOILERS!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Elite XC Renegade Play by Play WARNING! SPOILERS!!!
« Previous Page
cmill21
11/11/07 3:29:54AM
I haven't seen much fighter bashing, I have seen alot of people disapointed with Nick Diaz' reaction. I don't care how mad you are, we've seen worse stoppages(antonio silva and pele, nate quarry and pete sell 1, ect) and yeah they're mad but when have you seen them run screaming out of the cage, flipping off the fans and throwing cameras around? I'm sorry if calling someone childish is fighter bashing but he was being a baby. it's fine and good to have emotion, but when your 24 you need to be able to control your emotions, hell when your 12 you should have more control then he displayed.
MALICE
11/11/07 9:49:07AM
Because, I think he knows that he will have to pay the consequences for his actions. But, his emotions still got the best of him. Either he was frustrated by the loss(I dont think so), always being cut so easy(I think this is most of it), or by the doctor stopping it(this and the easy cuts). All of these upset him and caused him to storm off, and offer a, not so complimentary, hand gesture. I dont mind fighters showing emotion. And, I it didn't even bother me that Diaz did what he did last night. The thing that bothers me is, Diaz still has a lot of potential IMO, and if he continues to act this way, he wont be fighting in the UFC, WEC, IFC, IFL, EliteXC, or anywhere else. All that said. I dont mind Diaz's actions, he just needs to calm them down , before he no longer has a fight career.
jiujitsufreak74
11/11/07 10:51:55AM
i am one of the people who is merely just disappointed with diaz. after that gomi fight, i had moved him to # 1 LW in the world...but i guess i jumped on him too soon as KJ just showed me that nick can be exploited. i just don't know how far to drop him in LW rankings...i mean he looked totally outclassed in that fight. he'll probably go to around 5or 6...and i really want to move noons to my top ten, but one fight can't get you there i am afraid even though he looked spectacular. Noons showed incredible improvement in this fight from his previous fights and with one more quality win he'll break my top ten.
Lord_Lenny
11/11/07 1:07:40PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

I dont mind Diaz's actions, he just needs to calm them down , before he no longer has a fight career.

\
people always say that but its probably what's gonna make his career. For gods sakes Elite XC changed his nickname to the badboy, if anything he stirred up a little contraversy, Tito has made a career out of it, why cant Nick
Scott_Revels
11/11/07 1:07:59PM
In my mind, the win over Gomi was eliminated when it was found out Nick Diaz was well... so he was never on my top ten list.. Of course it doesn't help that he isn't in the UFC, and my top ten is all UFC lightweights.
rcg916
11/11/07 1:21:09PM
Wasnt you Scott, or cmill for that matter. Dont jump to conclusions. You guys have opinions and you relay them in a respectful manner. Good as gold.

Not naming any names, but saying, for example, that Diaz got bloodied up like a bitch, calling him a punk, and saying that youre glad he lost... well thats pretty much fighter bashing if you ask me.

We are fans, not paid analysts. Lets discuss our opinions respectfully. Lets not act like we have a right to judge what said fighter does in the cage. Sound good?

Last time I checked, I wasnt allowed to drive racecars professionally, just because I watch racing on TV... Get my drift?
Scott_Revels
11/11/07 1:35:57PM

Posted by rcg916

Wasnt you Scott, or cmill for that matter. Dont jump to conclusions. You guys have opinions and you relay them in a respectful manner. Good as gold.

::relaxes.:: Phew.. I was worried there for a second. I've been intimidated by mods before, because I was fighter bashing. I don't need a third strike.

Posted by rcg916
Last time I checked, I wasnt allowed to drive racecars professionally, just because I watch racing on TV... Get my drift?

Were you intending on making that pun?
rcg916
11/11/07 2:03:09PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Posted by rcg916

::relaxes.:: Phew.. I was worried there for a second. I've been intimidated by mods before, because I was fighter bashing. I don't need a third strike.

Posted by rcg916

Were you intending on making that pun?

Im so damn clever, and didnt even know it. lol

Scott_Revels
11/11/07 7:05:16PM
Yeah, Nick was a bloody mess. I don't blame them for stopping it, but wish it would've went on longer, if only to see Diaz scooting around the cage some more.
MALICE
11/11/07 7:13:54PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

Posted by xxMALICExx

I dont mind Diaz's actions, he just needs to calm them down , before he no longer has a fight career.

\
people always say that but its probably what's gonna make his career. For gods sakes Elite XC changed his nickname to the badboy, if anything he stirred up a little contraversy, Tito has made a career out of it, why cant Nick

As long as EliteXC is fine with it, so am I. Like I said in my post, I like Diaz, and I like how he lets his emotions out. As long as he doesn't burn any bridges with the orgs. It's his choice. I just dont want to miss out on any of his fights, that's all.
wolfman
11/11/07 7:50:22PM

Posted by rcg916

Not naming any names, but saying, for example, that Diaz got bloodied up like a bitch, calling him a punk, and saying that youre glad he lost... well thats pretty much fighter bashing if you ask me.

We are fans, not paid analysts. Lets discuss our opinions respectfully. Lets not act like we have a right to judge what said fighter does in the cage. Sound good?

You might as well just come out with my name lol. Anyways, you're right, my reply was uncalled for. I just can't stand Diaz and his arrogant attitude and how he reacted after the fight. He acted like a crybaby, and he should no class. As, I guess my post did too. However, that was the beers talking, not me.
Pages: 1 [2]