Elite XC "Renegade".... AKA "I can't defend a rear-naked to save my life!"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Elite XC "Renegade".... AKA "I can't defend a rear-naked to save my life!"
ncordless
11/11/07 12:25:02AM
Anyone else notice the poor performance by almost every fighter who lost? Almost every fight was decided by someone getting mounted, flopping over, and just leaving their neck open like they thought it was illegal to choke.
wolfman
11/11/07 12:59:48AM
LMAO, I was thinking the same damn thing.
Bemin
11/11/07 1:19:38AM
Ya I agree it wasn't a great event, Silva's opponent looked like a guy from a toughguy contest in a small town... Noke impressed the hell out of me though, really want to see more of this guy, his Jitsu looked sick.

The Kimbo fight... well if it wasn't a work then Cantrell was just there for the payday and a quick exit (his recent record would support it, as a fan I sure as hell hope this wasn't a worked fight)

As for the Diaz fight, probably an early Stoppage, but damn, I doubt it would of made a difference, Nick was getting pounded hardcore, and had cuts over both eyes and a nasty gash on his nose (I would of scored the first round 10-8). But anyone who knows Nick knows that he has pulled off many a win while looking like an extra in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie, but his take-down attempts looked so slow, and Noons seemed to be able to time his knees to catch Diaz on the shoots. Best fighter that night won on that on for sure.

Over all event could of been much better, highlite for me was definately Noke, I'll say it again Kid looked great and I hope to see him in the UFC soon.
Scott_Revels
11/11/07 3:27:38AM
Does scooting across the octagon on your ass, constitute a sign of impending doom? I think so.
cmill21
11/11/07 3:39:44AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Does scooting across the octagon on your ass, constitute a sign of impending doom? I think so.

Hahahaha thats when you know your getting the worst of the stand up. I wonder wth noons was thinking when he saw diaz scooting up to him on his ass. I was like "LET HIM UP", then I was like ohhh he's cashing you while sitting on his ass....
hippysmacker
11/11/07 4:14:20AM
I think he caught Diaz off guard, but I still feel if they hadn't stopped it Nick would have got the takedown and subbed him in the 2nd. We'll never know now. However, I am pretty sure Nick get s a rematch as soon as the commission clears him to fight. Props to Noons for not being tentative with a guy with a much larger fighting pedigree.
Scott_Revels
11/11/07 7:19:26AM
It might be a case of Diaz's ego getting the best of him. Beat Gomi, and then come back and win another, and you'd feel pretty confident as well. He probably went in there thinking he was unstoppable. Probably still thinks that. He just never got the chance to learn like Huerta did with Evans.