Elite XC Show Quality

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Elite XC Show Quality
Dragonscale
7/26/08 11:16:48PM

Head and shoulders above the last one....

the strippers... erm, ring girls are gone
The crazy enterances are gone
That insaine lady doctor is gone
and good reffs

This seemed like a whole different league...

well done!

Agree? Disagree?
FrankTheTank1181
7/26/08 11:18:50PM
This was 1000% improved from the last one. Except the ignorant Stockton fans booing every 5 seconds.
TWITA
7/26/08 11:20:04PM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

This was 1000% improved from the last one. Except the ignorant Stockton fans booing every 5 seconds.

ohiostate1016
7/26/08 11:39:51PM
Maybe it's because we didn't have to watch Kimbo Slice and we still got to see Gina...

All of the fights were pretty good. Cyborg/Baszler stole the show..watch out for that crazy Brazilian lady when she fights Gina in October. Shields showed why he is a top 5 WW by dominating a game Nick Thompson to finally get his belt. Nick Diaz showed why he is Nick Diaz (good and bad). And the main event was a helluva fight. I thought Smith had him, but he gave up and was hoping to get the fight stopped by the crazy doctor. Unfortunately for him, the crazy doctor wasn't there, and Steve Mazzagatti wasn't ref'ing his fight. A lesson learned for the journeyman.
FrankTheTank1181
7/26/08 11:45:24PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Maybe it's because we didn't have to watch Kimbo Slice and we still got to see Gina...

All of the fights were pretty good. Cyborg/Baszler stole the show..watch out for that crazy Brazilian lady when she fights Gina in October. Shields showed why he is a top 5 WW by dominating a game Nick Thompson to finally get his belt. Nick Diaz showed why he is Nick Diaz (good and bad). And the main event was a helluva fight. I thought Smith had him, but he gave up and was hoping to get the fight stopped by the crazy doctor. Unfortunately for him, the crazy doctor wasn't there, and Steve Mazzagatti wasn't ref'ing his fight. A lesson learned for the journeyman.

Actually we saw Kimbo and Gina. It was better because they learned from their last show and improved.
emfleek
7/27/08 12:02:18AM
Much better than last time. If EliteXC rolls with this new format, I won't feel so dirty for watching from here on out.
ncordless
7/27/08 12:04:26AM
I was impressed by the amount they'd improved vs. the first card. It also helped that I could flip to Spike during the lulls in the action.

Female Cyborg is going to ruin Gina's looks in the future. She punches like a man.
coldchillin
7/27/08 12:46:28AM
I was very impressed with the show... every fight was entertaining and had tons of action.

Lady Cyborg has some very good stand-up... EliteXC has sold me on the potential Carano-Lady Cyborg fight.

Jake Shields finally got to show everyone he is one of the best welterweights in the world against a top ten opponent... for him to completely outclass Thompson like that was amazing.

Nick Diaz wanted to please the Stockton crowd and he did exactly that. I still hope he utilizes his superb jiu-jitsu skills against Noons but I think he enjoys a good scrap. Even Kimbo had to leave his seat and cheer on Diaz.

Lawler is just an entertaining fighter, he did what I expected. I hope EliteXC has him fight Frank Shamrock next as rumored.
telnights
7/27/08 1:03:46AM
It was much better than there last one. But I still wont care for EliteXC till they stop acting like Kimbo is a great HW and keep headlining him against cans. Either headline him and have him fight top competition or don't headline him and have him fight cans. I also found it funny they chose to not even air a HW title fight. Also something else I didn't have to see the Shaws Fing things up. I hope they let both Shaws go that would also be a huge step in the right direction. But over all tonight was a huge step in the right direction and I hope they keep it up.
whardin19
7/27/08 1:13:11AM
I thought this was a very good show tonight. I really enjoyed it. I told everyone Cyborg was for real. I saw some of her other fights on another site. Baszler was no match for her. It was really a mismatch. Cyborg is freaking strong she threw her all over the ring.

Jake Shields was just amazing especially with the long layoff. That guy is definetally a top 10 welterweight and I hope he makes it to the UFC sometime.

Nick Diaz did good. Kind of scared me in the beginning though. Looked as though Denny almost had him there. But that 37 year old gassed like no other.

Then no suprise in the main event. I picked a 3rd round tko but it came in the 2nd. Lawler vs. Shamrock looks like it's next. But that fight doesn't look good for Lawler.
Jackelope
7/27/08 1:23:29AM
WTF was up with Mazzagatti not calling the fight a TKO when cyborg first knocked Baszler down? IMO he caused her to take more unnecessary damage. That fight was over when it got signed. I can't believe how many people picked Baszler on the playground.

Aside from that there was marked improvement in EliteXC's show. Still a lot of work to be done, though. Evidenced by the fact that I ended up fast forwarding through half of the b.s. recorded.

Smith vs. Lawler didn't disappoint, either.
DCRage
7/27/08 9:03:25AM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

Don't dis my hood. Much better show in all aspects save for Gus Johnson's post-fight interviews in the cage. He's certainly no Joe Rogan.
holt8081
7/27/08 4:01:47PM
yes the pony show was gone, much much improved good fights also
jimmypockets
7/27/08 4:53:31PM
Yeah I can't believe I am saying this..........The Elite XC card was better to watch than the UFC Anti Affliction card. Now I am not saying the fighters are better but the card was far mre exciting than watching Vera gas and Irvin take 1 punch.