ELITE XC PLANS FOR HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » ELITE XC PLANS FOR HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE
Mchubb316
5/22/08 3:40:58PM
The championship title picture in Elite XC is starting to come clear as on Thursday, Elite XC Live Events President Gary Shaw, confirmed the promotion is close to crowning their first ever heavyweight champion.

With the main event between Elite XC superstar Kimbo Slice and British heavy hitter James Thompson headlining the upcoming debut show on CBS, the heavyweight division looks to receive a lot of attention following this show.

“Right now, we’re close to doing a heavyweight title,” said Shaw during a media conference call on Thursday. “We’ll probably do the heavyweight title in 2008Source
SpiderSilva
5/22/08 3:42:49PM
Man I hope Kimbeard loses
iwannabesedated
5/22/08 3:49:32PM
Wow..Some people talk about Mir not deserving a shot for beating Brock..But James Thompson on a 2 fight losing streak I hope he wins cause that would be funny..They just want Kimbo to have a belt and they can continue to market him as this Street fighter turned MMA champ...What a joke..and EXC should be glad they got a TV deal...Cause who the hell would pay for it on PPV.I wouldnt.

prozacnation1978
5/22/08 3:50:33PM
if they think kimbo will be there champ think again!!!!!!!!
i say antonio silva vs brett rodgers
who else do they have or cross promote
grab oversteem or buentello vs silva
holt8081
5/22/08 3:58:44PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Wow..Some people talk about Mir not deserving a shot for beating Brock..But James Thompson on a 2 fight losing streak I hope he wins cause that would be funny..They just want Kimbo to have a belt and they can continue to market him as this Street fighter turned MMA champ...What a joke..and EXC should be glad they got a TV deal...Cause who the hell would pay for it on PPV.I wouldnt.

hodge
5/22/08 4:15:07PM
I dont see why they dont have a heavyweight title anyway
imanidiot777
5/22/08 4:25:57PM
Kimbo won't be champion because he'll have to beat Silva to do it and he will get owned.
The-Don
5/22/08 4:31:57PM
In my opinion Kimbo would be more of a paper champ if they some how set it up for him to win the titleAny of the top heavyweight would own him.. He is not even in a top 20 list in the heavyweight division yet. THats what would make it so nice if JT wins... Then they'd have to focus on getting a legit champ... not a media champ.
Ben_Hutch
5/22/08 4:32:17PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Kimbo won't be champion because he'll have to beat Silva to do it and he will get owned.

Exactly my thoughts.
aaa9erh8er
5/22/08 4:40:52PM

Posted by The-Don

In my opinion Kimbo would be more of a paper champ if they some how set it up for him to win the titleAny of the top heavyweight would own him.. He is not even in a top 20 list in the heavyweight division yet. THats what would make it so nice if JT wins... Then they'd have to focus on getting a legit champ... not a media champ.

and id liek to add imo kimbo looses to anyone in the top 15 of the div
telnights
5/22/08 4:42:02PM
Man it almost sounds like he plans on crowning Kimbo as champ.
Raykill
5/22/08 7:31:58PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Man I hope Kimbeard loses

Mchubb316
5/22/08 11:01:02PM
I'm sure they will give Kimbo the first crack at winning the HW belt. He is the face of EliteXC. The truth is Silva vs Buentello should fight for the belt, and Kimbo should have to fight someone for the #1 contender. Having Kimbo be the face, and not having a chance at the belt is not a good thing for the company. If they do set up a fight so Kimbo can be crowned, it will be a short reign if Gary Shaw gives him a legit opponent, or people will eventually see that they are feeding cans to Kimbo so they can save face. Just my opninion.
SpiderSilva
5/22/08 11:56:04PM
wha had a flash back that was my first avatar tear drops from my eye

anyway my wife thinks Kindo Spice is gonna beat everyone (that would piss off the mma world)