Elite XC Fans in Miami

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Elite XC Fans in Miami
cj_striker
2/16/08 11:04:04PM
These fans are seriously pissing me off. Booing after the first minute of the Smith fight that just happend. Just because the main event is being sold as a certified street fight doesn't mean this isn't an MMA event, it seems like most of those fans are complete idiots and know nothing about the sport of MMA. Hopefully Big Foot vs. Ricco and Kimbo vs. Tank are entertaining enough to make it worth listening to these dumbass fans booing for nothing. Makes me sick!
slick781
2/16/08 11:11:18PM
As if the rest of the country needed any additional reasons to hate Miami...

How bout ya keep us updated on the results, I'd hate to have to wade through sherdog...
roger
2/17/08 12:05:08AM
kimbo kicked ass in his fight and it pissed me off to but thay were only there to see kimbo
bullettdodger
2/17/08 12:15:06AM
the booing was rediculous and whats more i find myself annoyed that Smith actually apologized to the rude "fans"... personally i found the elite xc even disappointing as a whole... can't wait to see kimbo get in the ring with someone who can stand with him... props to tank though can't say i'd get in the ring with a beast like kimbo... that and im like 6'0 160lbs lol... not quite the match up i'd enjoy. Props to all the fighters
whardin19
2/17/08 12:26:06AM
This whole fan booing stuff is getting out of control. One reason they shouldn't sell alchol at the events.
npayant
2/17/08 12:52:28AM

Posted by cj_striker

These fans are seriously pissing me off. Booing after the first minute of the Smith fight that just happend. Just because the main event is being sold as a certified street fight doesn't mean this isn't an MMA event, it seems like most of those fans are complete idiots and know nothing about the sport of MMA. Hopefully Big Foot vs. Ricco and Kimbo vs. Tank are entertaining enough to make it worth listening to these dumbass fans booing for nothing. Makes me sick!

I honestly think they were booing after the first 20-30 seconds of the fight!!! Just down right ridiculous!!!

What about the refs calling for action in the Edwards/Berto fight and Silva/Rodriguez right? Especially in the Edwards fight...I couldn't believe what I was hearing! They were both working very hard on the ground and the ref kept saying (nearly 10 times) "keep working" That was pissing me off even more!!!!
dstlvb
2/17/08 9:29:02AM
Yeah the ref was the most annoying part of those fights. EliteXC is almost looking to get rid of GnP. There was tons of action on the ground. No one was just taking some time off.
MMA
2/17/08 10:33:46AM
Yeah, the refs kind of suck. They don't really give the fighters time to work on the ground. The fans were definitely annoying as hell; stupid drunk fans.
cj_striker
2/18/08 10:24:58AM
Completely agree about the refs as well. I was just so pissed off about the booing I forgot to mention that. I don't know exactly what's going on, but if the Elite XC is in some way trying to shy away from in sort of ground fighting they are down right ridiculous. Granted most new MMA fans (if you can even call them that) only enjoy stand up fighting, but who gives a shit, because the bottom line is it's not MMA without the aspects on ground fighting incorporated. Goes back to something I posted earlier on the topic of Kimbo signing with the UFC it's obviously all about the money, like everything else in this world. I got into MMA, for the love of the sport and what it represented to me, a pure feeling of being alive, you against the guy standing across from you, your will, heart, and skill against his, no worldly bullshit drama (money, bills, etc.). Bottom line, fans stop with the booing and learn and respect the sport or all of the real MMA fans and fighters will seek you out and KTFO of you or better yet show you some ground skills (that you hate and break your F**KING LIMBS.
fullerene
2/18/08 10:32:58AM
I support EliteXC and think they've done a lot of good things for a new promotion, but...

They are definitely positioning themselves as the lowbrow alternative for MMA. Kimbo and Tank as headliners over Ricco and Silva? That says something right there. And it's a continuation of decisions like having your debut fight featuring Crazy Horse Bennett, having a pro wrestler with no compettiive combat sport experience do commentary, allowing another commentator to make suggestive comments about Gina Carano, bringing in guys famous for punching hard and doing nothing else, like Thompson, Cabbage and Tank and naming an entire event "Street Certified".

If you do that you can expect a a certain kind of crowd. There's a market for it so I won't begrudge a 1-0 fighter like Kimbo making some money and bringing in ratings, but I hate to see talents like Silva buried in the promotion as I don't think it does the best job of showcasing what he offers. I'd rather watch a straight-forward, low-key promotion like WEC myself, but I'm obviously not the target audience they are going after.
cj_striker
2/18/08 11:30:21AM
good point fullrene, guess i shouldn't expect too much from the kind of fans the Elite XC were targeting for "Street Certified", what a joke! I personally feel bad for Big Foot too, being stuck in that kind of crap, hopefully the UFC wakes up and signs him.