Elite XC - Show your title fights...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Elite XC - Show your title fights...
pdanke
7/27/08 4:50:09AM
OK, this EliteXC card was pretty awesome, BUT, how does a legitimate fight organization NOT show its heavyweight title fight?!?!

I think Antonio Silva is good enough to do well in any organization, and I wanted to see him fight... and all we get are highlights?
RMFG_187
7/27/08 5:20:48AM
They showed it on Showtime and Fight Network. I got to watch it, but I kno it must suck
Mchubb316
7/28/08 12:41:07AM
Yeah, you would think that if they were trying to get ratings, and establish their fighters, especially their champions, they would put all title fight on CBS so everyone can get to see them fight.
cmill21
7/28/08 1:16:53AM
I saw it, it was a good fight. I think Bigfoot would have big trouble against a really good HW striker though.
JimiMak
7/28/08 4:57:26PM
I agree that it should have been on the CBS portion of the card to help ppl get to know the best HW's they have rather than everyone thinking Kimbo is the "uncrowned champ" or whatever ppl think. But I guess you gotta have something for a main event on the ShowTime portion too.
nickcuc547
7/28/08 5:11:22PM
i agree 100%, I was pretty pissed that this fight didn't get shown. I don't have showtime so I couldn't watch it.
DevonFoxy
7/28/08 5:16:59PM

Posted by cmill21

I saw it, it was a good fight. I think Bigfoot would have big trouble against a really good HW striker though.

I would love to see him fight Cain Velasquez. Not a great HW striker but would watch it.

Though I do think an above average striker would have his way with him. I also think his stamina needs a check but I think Cain would be a good fight for him. darn them not being in the same org.
rabbit915
7/28/08 5:57:57PM
I think that Bigfoot would have issues against a top level striking with good takedown defense but i think that he could take down a lot of strikers with ease based on strength and size alone.
AchillesHeel
7/29/08 10:27:35AM
If I had to take a guess, I would say that their contract with Showtime required that they have a title fight on their portion of the card. Frankly, I'm glad I got to see the Welterweight and Middleweight fights instead.
DCRage
7/29/08 10:47:51AM
I think they also wanted to use the Showtime portion to showcase a few fighters-Silva was one of them. As far as seeing the fight again, it'll be up soon (don't know exactly when) on ProElite.com in their VOD section. The TV portion will be $4.95 but the undercard fights, if they do like they did for the first CBS event, will probably be available for free.
mrsmiley
7/29/08 12:59:59PM
I think maybe they don't want the casual fans to mention Silva's name with Kimbos.
JimiMak
7/29/08 4:39:10PM

Posted by DCRage

I think they also wanted to use the Showtime portion to showcase a few fighters-Silva was one of them. As far as seeing the fight again, it'll be up soon (don't know exactly when) on ProElite.com in their VOD section. The TV portion will be $4.95 but the undercard fights, if they do like they did for the first CBS event, will probably be available for free.

ppl actually pay to watch fights on the net? lol