When Elevators Attack

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » When Elevators Attack
DCRage
10/19/09 9:27:18AM
This may sound silly, but I just got "attacked" by an elevator at work. It malfunctioned as I was getting off and tried to crush me. Fortunately nothing worse than a small red spot on my elbow (I nearly got out) but kinda shaken up and am like "WTF?!?". It's gonna be one of those Mondays.
Just thought I'd share that story for fun.
grappler0000
10/19/09 10:54:41AM
Tried to crush you as in...the doors closed on you or the elevator car went up/down?
DCRage
10/19/09 11:02:24AM
As I was going out. It stopped on the floor I was getting off at and, without warning, the outer doors (these elevators have outer & inner doors) closed even though I was in an area that should've kept the doors open. I've been to the health office at work a couple of times since, doesn't seem to be anything worse than a bruised elbow and quite a scare earlier. It should feel better within a few days. This elevator apparently has been acting up the last couple weeks but this is the first time anything like this has happened, at least to me.
emfleek
10/19/09 11:03:04AM
So...

Elevator via Verbal Submission

or

Elevator via TKO (strikes) ?
grappler0000
10/19/09 11:05:57AM

Posted by emfleek

So...

Elevator via Verbal Submission

or

Elevator via TKO (strikes) ?

or DCRage via Machida style elusiveness
DCRage
10/19/09 11:11:42AM
When all is said and done, hopefully me by technical submission (elevator repair). My boss is already putting in a report about it as well, he's noticed something weird about this one too lately.
Doneskiis
10/21/09 12:47:09AM
o okay i thought it just dropped like a cable snapped. should of said that. would of been a cooler story
DCRage
10/21/09 5:19:58AM
But if that happened, I'm either seriously injured or dead and not around to tell this story.
And it seems they fixed it same day, the only real injury I suffered appears to be a possible bruised elbow, but it's not too bad. Only hurts when I fully extend my arm sometimes, but it's only mild.
MMAcca
10/21/09 4:10:54PM
I was thinking of an escalotor. In the UK an elevator is called a lift
CwB
10/30/09 7:24:59PM
A while back the elvator stopped at the floor i was getting off at but didnt open the doors for about a minute, i started pushing all kinds of buttons and nothing happened. Then the doors finally opened and i had to step up a about a foot to exit.

Its funny that it happened to you on Monday and I swear it happened to me on Monday also (or at least thats the day I think I remember it happened on)