An eight sided ring with ropes???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » An eight sided ring with ropes???
« Previous Page
JimiMak
4/6/07 2:02:39PM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by JimiMak

I think most of your responses are gonna be from UFC nuthuggers who are gonna say the cage rules w/o reasons. I see how you're trying to compromise, I like that.

Other than that, how anyone can argue for the cage is beyond me. The ring is the place to hold combat sports. I will say it in caps for those who dismiss it...

THE CAGE IS A WEAPON TO BE USED IN THE FIGHT!!!!!

Can this not be any clearer? The environment the fight is in should not be a weapong. Restarts are only when either necesssary or when there is no action goin into the entanglement.

No matter how many sides, the ring is the obvious option....

Having said that , I know this always starts it's own thing but....

The open mat is the only real option. No outside advantages. Yes, there are restarts when necessary.

Just an example an oldIgor fight. or these Yves Edwards fights just as a couple examples that it does work

cmon JimiMak. you started off complaning about ufc nuthuggers saying cage rules without reason then proceeded to nuthug the ring. both are good environments. although i do like the visibility of the ring and that was a good igor archive.

didn't mean it to sound like that, like i said the open mat is my ideal. I enjoy mma no matter what environment it is in, but definitely think there is an order of what is best. And an envronment that is a weapon has to be the worst option. That'd be like if they started allowing PRIDE fighters to use the ropes to choke the opponent.
Lets_Do_This
4/6/07 6:29:25PM
I think that an open mat would be difficult in the sense that the fans there live would feel as though they've been taken out of the action.
Zvonimir
4/6/07 6:49:13PM
Even if there are better alternativers, I dont see the UFC EVER getting rid of the octocage, just my two cents.
JunCTion
4/6/07 10:05:47PM

Posted by Zvonimir

Even if there are better alternativers, I dont see the UFC EVER getting rid of the octocage, just my two cents.

EXACTLY it would never change

but using the ropes to choke would be awsome badsanta
Nacho
4/7/07 6:11:39AM
The cage adds a sense of danger and is part of the spectacle. UFC does a great job televising the fight with little obstruction from the cage. An oversized ring is fine- no need to go for the octagon shape.
JimiMak
4/7/07 2:25:48PM

Posted by Lets_Do_This

I think that an open mat would be difficult in the sense that the fans there live would feel as though they've been taken out of the action.

Actually, I think w/ no vision interference and the false impression that the fight could spill into the crowd, I think the crowd would feel more part of the event. Like goin to see a street fight and see how close you can get w/o being involved.

I do also realize that UFC would never drop the cage. I think most of us are just debating our ideals.
BadSanta
4/7/07 9:28:32PM

You guys do realize. That shit breaks. And becomes very sharp, someone could get hurt.

And if they made it like super unbreakable crazy super strenth ultra glass. It would be hard as F*ck. Imaginge someone hitting their head off of that.
The Plexi Glass idea wont work

In Hockey most of the action takes place awawy from the glass. In the UFC Ground fights are almost always pushed up against the walls.

Plexiglass is the way to go, my friend. The UFC needs to be able to start shooting from that angle. It's not going to break...ice hockey players throw each other into that shit at incredible rates of speed and I have yet to see it become a problem.

Pages: 1 [2]