The Eight Sickest Submissions…EVER!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The Eight Sickest Submissions…EVER!
juanez13
2/22/08 5:11:49PM
8. Ivan Salaverry’s Anaconda Body Lock
Unfortunately, we could only find evidence of Salaverry’s UFC 50 match against Tony Fryklund in a poorly-soundtracked highlight video, but skip to the 1:51 mark and watch as Salaverry takes Fryklund’s back and squeezes until “The Freak” taps out in agony.

7. Frank Mir’s Kneebar
Frank Mir took a beating from Brock Lesnar during the ex-WWE star’s UFC debut at “Rapid Fire.” But Mir patiently waited for an opening and capitalized against a technique-deficient Lesnar.

6. Nick Diaz’s Gogoplata
Nick Diaz and Takanori Gomi were in a ******* war at PRIDE 33. When it went to the ground in round two, Diaz unleashed his BJJ to wrap up a perfect G.

5. Ken Shamrock’s Kneebar
This sub from a 1995 Pancrase match is truly classic. Shamrock works it perfectly and Bas Rutten’s wailing is the cherry on top.

4. Tie: Royce Gracie’s Triangle Choke; Royce Gracie’s Armbar
Dan Severn earned his first two wins at UFC 4, but also ate his first loss when Royce Gracie made like the “spider” in the Alien flicks.

Royce gave up like a million pounds in this one, but used flawless technique to submit Akebono — who was trying to smother him with his really large tits.(vs ake

3. Takumi Yano’s Eat-My-Nuts Head Scissors Choke
While it looks like Takumi Yano and Hideki Kadowaki are trying to recreate the staircase scene from A History of Violence, Yano is actually just biding his time for this tea-bagging choke hold

2. Rumina Sato’s Flying Armbar
Sato makes Charles Taylor look like a bitch in under ten seconds with one of the greatest acrobatic subs ever.

1. Ryo Chonan’s Flying Scissor/Heel Hook
“The Chonan” was created from this move when a battered and desperate Ryo Chonan took down Anderson Silva with a Flying Scissor that morphed into an Inverted Heel Hook. Just sick.

LINK
MALICE
2/22/08 5:43:37PM
Mir's armbar on Sylvia should be honorable mention just for the replay factor. I just can't get enough of that replay.

SNAP!! HOLY S**T!!!

REWIND

SNAP!! HOLY S**T!!!

REWIND
puppetmaster837
2/22/08 6:05:00PM
I have a friend who has a painful body lock. He did it in a wrestling tournament and the kid started crying, the ref made him stop and said he was torturing the kid.
juanez13
2/22/08 6:40:04PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

I have a friend who has a painful body lock. He did it in a wrestling tournament and the kid started crying, the ref made him stop and said he was torturing the kid.

....along with funny stories, i'll throw one of my own,it was at a tourney and i had the guy's back, and i was going for the RNC, but it was hard cus he kept grabbing my hands and he had his chin down,so i put my left hand on his face, and pushed his nose upwards so that he would leave his neck open, but before i was able to apply the choke he tapped....i know its painfull but i never tough someone would tap from that
cmill21
2/22/08 6:49:12PM
I liked Frank's shoulder lock on Pete. Nogueira's anaconda choke on Herring was pretty friggin nice as well.
MALICE
2/22/08 7:00:51PM
Almeida's recent Guillotine over Yundt. Pretty impressive considering the slam/flip.
Ordep
2/22/08 8:26:41PM
Anacondas are always great! ask David Heath
SpiderSilva
2/22/08 9:27:18PM
Sakuraba's Gracie Kamura's were nice nothin like watchin him take out Gracies

Also after Fedor got droped on his head Which by the way I still love the replay he subs Randleman that was a great moment.

BJ Penn subimg Hughes nd fight too when he had that crazy triangle/armbar that was great too bad it didn't finish Hughes I really didn't think he would tap again

GSP's bad ass armbar on Hughes
bls1919
2/22/08 11:50:54PM
1: Salaverry body lock on Tony Fryklund unheard of!
2:Mir vs. Silvia Mir broke the shit out of Timmy's arm
3:Tanner vs. David Terrell tap out to strikes( a tap out is a submission)
4:BJ penn vs. Joe Stevenson a blood squirting rear naked choke
5:Mir vs. Lesnar for obvious reasons
6: Kimbo Slice 19 sec tap out due to strikes to Bo Cantrel!! i;ll take heat 4 that 1
7:Arlovski vs. Big Tim heel hook. never seen a foot that out of whack
8: Hughes vs. trigg first title fight rear naked choke ( because of al the shit trigg talked b4 the fight and after)
Blizzard
2/23/08 11:28:03AM

Posted by juanez13

8. Ivan Salaverry’s Anaconda Body Lock
Unfortunately, we could only find evidence of Salaverry’s UFC 50 match against Tony Fryklund in a poorly-soundtracked highlight video, but skip to the 1:51 mark and watch as Salaverry takes Fryklund’s back and squeezes until “The Freak” taps out in agony.

7. Frank Mir’s Kneebar
Frank Mir took a beating from Brock Lesnar during the ex-WWE star’s UFC debut at “Rapid Fire.” But Mir patiently waited for an opening and capitalized against a technique-deficient Lesnar.

6. Nick Diaz’s Gogoplata
Nick Diaz and Takanori Gomi were in a ******* war at PRIDE 33. When it went to the ground in round two, Diaz unleashed his BJJ to wrap up a perfect G.

5. Ken Shamrock’s Kneebar
This sub from a 1995 Pancrase match is truly classic. Shamrock works it perfectly and Bas Rutten’s wailing is the cherry on top.

4. Tie: Royce Gracie’s Triangle Choke; Royce Gracie’s Armbar
Dan Severn earned his first two wins at UFC 4, but also ate his first loss when Royce Gracie made like the “spider” in the Alien flicks.

Royce gave up like a million pounds in this one, but used flawless technique to submit Akebono — who was trying to smother him with his really large tits.(vs ake

3. Takumi Yano’s Eat-My-Nuts Head Scissors Choke
While it looks like Takumi Yano and Hideki Kadowaki are trying to recreate the staircase scene from A History of Violence, Yano is actually just biding his time for this tea-bagging choke hold

2. Rumina Sato’s Flying Armbar
Sato makes Charles Taylor look like a bitch in under ten seconds with one of the greatest acrobatic subs ever.

1. Ryo Chonan’s Flying Scissor/Heel Hook
“The Chonan” was created from this move when a battered and desperate Ryo Chonan took down Anderson Silva with a Flying Scissor that morphed into an Inverted Heel Hook. Just sick.

LINK

Top Notch list. can't argue with any.
tepid55
2/23/08 2:16:36PM
Royce's armbar on Keith Hackney at UFC4 is one of my favorites.
richieb19
2/23/08 2:21:50PM
Masakazu Imanari.

End of thread.
Manfred
2/23/08 6:35:03PM
Wallid Ismail putting Royce to sleep with a inverted clock choke needs HM

Link to vid
DJDark41
2/23/08 6:50:31PM
That Shamrock kneebar on Bas looked painful as hell...
hotrodttt
2/24/08 3:19:25AM

Posted by richieb19

Masakazu Imanari.

End of thread.

Oh my god, Imanari has the best footlocks and leglocks, and once he throws them and you;re caught in them then you are gone. I can't remember the other fighter's name but Masakazu summer saulted right into a leg lock and tapped the guy instantly, and when he got that beautiful Flying Armbar on Robbie Oliver I was like And his footlock he did on Jorge Grugel was complete Jui Jitsu Mastery. Imanari is definatly one of the best well rounded submission man in the MMA game.
richieb19
2/24/08 11:32:57AM

Posted by DJDark41

That Shamrock kneebar on Bas looked painful as hell...

Ever notice how Bas always complains about his knee injury...
Dastardly1
2/24/08 4:00:39PM
Jeff Monsons north south choke on Brandon Lee Hinkle.
Horns arm triangle from the bottom on Liddell.