Top Eight Lamest Entrance Songs

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Top Eight Lamest Entrance Songs
juanez13
1/4/08 5:36:31PM
This list is from Cagepotato.com, i' summarize it, but i'll leave the link if you are interested in knowing why they were chosen....

LINK

8.Ed Herman --->"in the air tonight" by phil collins

7 .Mirko Cro cop --> "wild boys" duran duran

6 .Tim Sylvia -- "jesus walks" By kanye west

5 .Chuck Liddell --> "ice ice baby" vanilla ice

4 .Matt Hughes --> "A country Boy can survive"

3. Tito Ortiz --> "Mosh" by Eminem

2 .Gilbert Yvel --> "YMCA"

1 .Jeff Monson --> "Imagine" John Lennon

Got other lame entrance songs to add?

in the Link it shows most videos of the entrances....
Lord_Lenny
1/4/08 5:45:14PM
6,2 are the only ones i agree with, but i guess it all depends on what different people like
Copenhagen
1/4/08 5:52:20PM
Don"t hate on "Country Boy Can Survive".
kevietre
1/4/08 6:17:26PM
I was anticipating Monson to come out to some hardcore heavy metal so when he came out to that I was like WTF. He's an intelligent guy and has great views on things but he's real intense.
postman
1/4/08 6:21:35PM
Hughes's song is perfect for him.
Kracker_Jap
1/4/08 6:31:24PM
What about any song Melvin G walks out with???
cmill21
1/4/08 7:09:20PM
WTF I love Wild Boys.
Boo_Radley21
1/4/08 7:28:38PM
What the **** is Imagine doing at number 1?!?!?!

Monson coming to the ring with that song made my top 3 list for entrance songs. Along with Rampage coming down to a Roy Jones Jr. song, and Babalu with Simon Says. (that song was perfect for him)
juanez13
1/4/08 7:33:17PM
8. Ed Herman

We all know what the song is supposed to be about and we’re all wondering what business it has being an entrance song. It doesn’t even have a cool beat. But that didn’t stop Ed Herman from using “In the Air Tonight” by Phil Collins at UFC 72. I can feel it, coming in the…okay, that’s enough.

7. Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic

Maybe Croatians are to music what Poles are to being smart. We went back to 1985 when Cro Cop came strolling out to Duran Duran’s “Wild Boys”. Sample lyric: And lovers war with arrows over, secrets they could tell. That’s so special.

6. Tim Sylvia

If it’s a statement about how he thinks people picture him, he should have picked “Bitch” by Meredith Brooks. Instead, the Maine-iac from Iowa walked out to Kanye West’s “Jesus Walks”. Check out this lyric: Try to catch it Uhhhh! It’s kinda hard, hard. If we’re talking about the punches that Randy Couture threw into your face, then sure, it is kinda hard hard. Maybe he should drop “Jesus Walks” for something that better reflects his ring entrances, like “Dude Who Looks Like He Just Shit His Pants Sashays.” (Can’t remember who does that one…)

5. Chuck Liddell

We get it. You’re the “Iceman” and the song says “ice” about fifty times. But “Ice Ice Baby” should be banned from any arena housing a cage. Alright stop, collaborate and listen. It sucks and it’s cheesy.

4. Matt Hughes

“A Country Boy Can Survive” by Hank Williams, Jr. This hillbilly lullabye is on the list partially because we’re sick of it and partially because we just hate it. Enough already. You’re a ‘country boy’. Fine. Must you abuse our ears over and over just to get your point across? I’d love to spit some Beechnut in that dude’s eyes… Yeah, that’ll teach him.

3. Tito Ortiz

While it may be appropriate to occasionally crank in your car, “Mosh” by Eminem is shitty entrance music. There’s better Eminem stuff to use and not look like such a douche. Imagine it pouring, raining down on us, mosh pits outside the oval office. You’ve got to be kidding.

2. Gilbert “The Hurricane” Yvel

He’s from Holland, but that’s no excuse. When I think of MMA, my mind immediately drifts to “YMCA”, how about you? I feel like I’m at my aunt’s birthday party in a sucky theme restaurant, not at a cage match. We’re gonna’ stay at the Y-M-C-A!

1. Jeff “The Snowman” Monson

I’m all for John Lennon and no one can dispute the merits of “Imagine”, but when Monson marched out to the social conscious ballad blaring over the loud speakers, my balls leapt to the floor and ran out the door. Imagine all the people, living life in peace. What? Then there’d be no fights, Snowman!
Boo_Radley21
1/4/08 7:35:32PM
Yea I don't agree with that list really. Phil Collins should be number one and Lennon shouldn't be on. Monson used that song because he's an anarchist. It's not about the peace part lol.
bullettdodger
1/4/08 9:47:59PM
"Maybe Croatians are to music what Poles are to being smart."
not that cool brother
jiujitsufreak74
1/4/08 9:50:45PM

Posted by bullettdodger

not that cool brother

yea i agree...i don't think that this thread had to go there. i am not Polish or Croatian but that just rubbed me the wrong way
candynuts
1/4/08 11:16:42PM
Im surprised Ice Ice Baby was only #5, that takes the cake IMO. I mean yea, Iceman, Ice Ice Baby... but still, no.

Rush
1/4/08 11:43:33PM
The only one that I have a problem with on the list is Jesus Walks.... what an ego.

Boo_Radley21
1/5/08 12:29:20AM
Eminem is pretty burtal too.
juanez13
1/5/08 12:36:57AM

Posted by bullettdodger

not that cool brother

just so you know i didnt write that, its from the cagepotato website....i dont approve of racial jokes, anyways i tought i point that out, dont want anybody to get the wrong impression of me
Boo_Radley21
1/5/08 12:55:02AM
Well you're too late...

Joking I know you didn't write it..
Believe-in-judo81
1/5/08 1:13:04AM
Whoa man, knocking Imagine... that's a bit much. I rather Enjoyed that entrance. Not as much As any Bj or Fedor Entrance though, or Akiyama's for his fight with Misaki.
Rush
1/5/08 9:33:15AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Eminem is pretty burtal too.

I don't care for hip hop and metal or rap, but if he had his reasons to chose the song (other than to try and intimidate or look tough) then that is cool with me.
iwannabesedated
1/5/08 3:51:23PM
Someone should use Relax by Frankie goes to Hollywood...That would probably pschye the shit out of whoever your fighting.OH yeah you gotta have the Don Frye Molestache and really really tight shorts.
RampageOwnedYou
1/5/08 4:03:46PM
IN THE AIR TONIGHT
IS Classic.

And making fun of a guy who has Eminem. Love to hear what you listen, let me guess NSYNC, Backstreet boys, Milli Vanilli?

cowcatcher
1/7/08 11:46:38AM
if you ever go to an NFL game "in the air tonight" is always played before the game during warm ups, great build up to when the drums hit. "imagine", although a great song, is not one i would associate with coming out to fight. and last but not least, "wild boys" and duran duran are great(im old so i grew up on that) and im crying inside a little for the croatian comment.
TNunley
1/7/08 1:57:49PM
Could have swore that these guys don't get to pick their entrance songs. Almost 100% certain that Dana White himself said that he is the one that picks the songs. So difficult to have anything to say about a fighter in relation to the music he walks in to, when they aren't the ones picking it.
cowcatcher
1/7/08 2:28:30PM

Posted by TNunley

Could have swore that these guys don't get to pick their entrance songs. Almost 100% certain that Dana White himself said that he is the one that picks the songs. So difficult to have anything to say about a fighter in relation to the music he walks in to, when they aren't the ones picking it.

these guys definately pick their own music, proof positive is CC coming out to wild boys in pride and the ufc
cmill21
1/7/08 3:01:45PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by TNunley

these guys definately pick their own music, proof positive is CC coming out to wild boys in pride and the ufc

He also came out to the Pride theme against sanchez, don't think Dana would pick that. I could see him picking some of it though.
TNunley
1/7/08 3:43:40PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by TNunley

I was wrong... I could have swore I heard Dana say he picks their entrance music but...

"Q: Are you going down the rock route or toward rap and hip-hop?
A: Both and all of it. A lot of times I will ask these guys [UFC fighters] their opinion of the music. Most of the time I will let them use the music they want. The thing that is cool about it is that it shows their personality. It could be rap, rock, classical. If we hear it and like how it sounds, we use it."

Link

This is the 15,000th post in the Locker Room