Is Efrain the next Anderson Silva?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Is Efrain the next Anderson Silva?
grappler0000
11/5/08 9:56:46PM
Thought I'd throw this out there one more time, since it looked like we'll be finding out who it is tonight...unless they Munson us again.

I was looking back at an interview with Dana and he said the person is 22 years old. Efrain is 22...coincidence?
juanez13
11/5/08 10:04:40PM
how old is Nover?

I've been saying it since it started, its him that Dana made the reference to. In terms of fighting style specially, if you look at his first fight (to get in the house), he utilized the clinch very well, and showed good BJJ. Much like Anderson, but of course to a much lesser degree. I think he has the best stand up in the house for the lw's right now, if Junie would have fought him as he did against delgado, IMO he would have gotten killed.
grappler0000
11/5/08 10:06:37PM

Posted by juanez13

how old is Nover?

I've been saying it since it started, its him that Dana made the reference to. In terms of fighting style specially, if you look at his first fight (to get in the house), he utilized the clinch very well, and showed good BJJ. Much like Anderson, but of course to a much lesser degree. I think he has the best stand up in the house for the lw's right now, if Junie would have fought him as he did against delgado, IMO he would have gotten killed.

I think Nover is 24. On the preview for tonight Dana said the person looked like GSP...so I'm thinking that it's not necessarily Silva's style, but well rounded with solid transitions. I guess we'll see.
grappler0000
11/5/08 10:09:06PM
Well, it looks like it's probably Nover since he'll be fighting, but TUF's website says he's 24. Hmm, I'm confused...Dana misspoke maybe.
Aaronno9
11/5/08 10:33:55PM
In the little spoiler thing on spikes website, where it showed the peeing in the fruit thing, Dana said we also have the next GSP on the show. Somehow, i dont think we have either......

on a side note, anybody else watching? That thing with the man juice was messed up!!!
grappler0000
11/5/08 10:36:25PM

Posted by Aaronno9

on a side note, anybody else watching? That thing with the man juice was messed up!!!

I was able to look past the urine, but the semen is totally wrong!
mrkennedy
11/5/08 11:19:38PM
efrain is not the next anderson is standup is ok not spectacular
higdon10
11/5/08 11:58:12PM
Nobody in the house is even comparable to Silva.
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/6/08 9:45:14AM
no
postman
11/6/08 12:59:17PM
This next anderson comment is like wild fire.