Edwin Dewees vs. Minotoro

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Edwin Dewees vs. Minotoro
Whispering_Death
7/4/08 7:50:24AM

That is all.
GraMMA
7/4/08 10:58:49AM
I'd think with all their funds Affliction could've found a legit lhw for lil Nog.There are a few outside of UFC.It seems Edwin can fight in any weight class.At least he won't have to cut too much for this.I'm glad to hear that this fight is no longer on the FSN portion but has been replaced by Vitor-Terry Martin.
Nog by armbar rd 1.
DiabloFreak56
7/4/08 1:02:31PM
nog wins this hahahahahaahhahahaahhahahahahahaha

rd 1 sub
nickcuc547
7/4/08 1:24:33PM

Posted by Whispering_Death

That is all.

my thoughts exactly
missypie
7/4/08 2:04:13PM
It's a step up from Vernon White. Really, all but 2 televised bouts on that card are laughable.
7/4/08 2:28:54PM
I know Edwin Dewees isn't the Best compition in the world, but i would rather see little Nog fight him than no-one.
EON
7/4/08 2:53:11PM

That is all.

if you look at the smileys sideways it looks like their dancing lol
Franklinfan47
7/4/08 6:11:20PM
Nog by destruction
Scott_Revels
7/4/08 9:27:11PM
Isn't Edwin the same guy who lost to Jorge Rivera? Nog by 3 second into first round sub.
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/5/08 12:51:05AM
Is it really worth it for Edwin. I know he has to think he can win but seriously. How much you think he is going to get paid for this fight? $2000? $3000? His hospital bill is going to be double that if he gets seriously hurt. I will say this, if he somehow pulls it off, it will be the biggest upset in the history OF THE WORLD! Move over Appy State, Edwin Dewees has taken over j/k
MMAcca
7/5/08 1:14:18AM

That is all.

gravy13
7/5/08 1:34:46AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Is it really worth it for Edwin. I know he has to think he can win but seriously. How much you think he is going to get paid for this fight? $2000? $3000? His hospital bill is going to be double that if he gets seriously hurt. I will say this, if he somehow pulls it off, it will be the biggest upset in the history OF THE WORLD! Move over Appy State, Edwin Dewees has taken over j/k

That's a dumb question. Of course it's worth it to Dewees.
Purge
7/6/08 3:43:04PM
Why didn't they put Babalu against Minotoro and Whitehead against Dewees??????
KYGUY07
7/6/08 8:10:51PM
I dont think Dewees has any chance in this fight.
whardin19
7/7/08 8:28:46PM
Dewees is going to get slaughtered but he's a step up in competition over vernon white! Minotoro 1st round submission.

Really this whole card is laughable except for 2 or 3 fights. I agree with the other guy that said that.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/7/08 9:02:50PM
yeah i just saw that lol... i cant imagine how edwin must feel right now and every day until the fight knowing full well he's gonna lose
jiujitsufreak74
7/7/08 9:19:13PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

yeah i just saw that lol... i cant imagine how edwin must feel right now and every day until the fight knowing full well he's gonna lose

while i do think Edwin is going to get massacred, remember, that is what everyone was saying about Serra, Forrest (against Shogun), GG and Soko...and look what happened in their fights.

just sayin' is all...
mrkennedy
7/7/08 11:06:11PM
never count out the baby face
sammyd1213
7/8/08 3:00:06AM
Poor Edwin...
copcopps
7/8/08 10:06:56AM

Posted by 905010

I know Edwin Dewees isn't the Best compition in the world, but i would rather see little Nog fight him than no-one.

exactly plus better Dewees than White.
Purge
7/8/08 9:17:25PM

Posted by mrkennedy

yeah but the baby face you should never count out is Barnett, this baby face is just that, a baby.

If minotoro loses this, it is the biggest upset in MMA history.
The_Ho_Bag
7/8/08 10:25:24PM

Posted by Purge

Posted by mrkennedy

yeah but the baby face you should never count out is Barnett, this baby face is just that, a baby.

\

nope its still Serra over GSP imo - b/c serra was a nobody and he won TUF and he got lucky nd TKTFO (techincal knock the F**k out)GSP
jiujitsufreak74
7/8/08 10:44:22PM

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by Purge

Posted by mrkennedy

\

nope its still Serra over GSP imo - b/c serra was a nobody and he won TUF and he got lucky nd TKTFO (techincal knock the F**k out)GSP

no way man. you are my boy but i disagree. at least Serra faced top competition in the past and had really good fights with BJ, Yves Edwards, Shonie Carter and DIn Thomas. he wasn't a "nobody" and although it was a huge upset, if Edwin Dewees, who is going up a weight class and has never won against anyone who was even close to top competition, beats Lil Nog it would be pretty damn huge. it would be even more hue if Soko hadn't beaten Lil Nog, but even still i would say if Edwin wins pretty much is the biggest upset imo.
Sam_Rothstein
7/9/08 5:05:53AM
Im not fighter bashing edwin dewees. He has over 30 wins in mma which is very impressive.

...But seriously EDWIN "F*****" DEWEES? Did Shannon Ritch not return Afflictions phone calls? Wes Sims had a t-ball game to coach? The only possible way I could see Edwin winning this fight is if he makes a puddle of blood big enough to drown Minotoro in

Sam_Rothstein
7/9/08 5:21:01AM
and how dare you people say he is a step up from vernon white!

Less then 2 years ago white went 15 minutes with sherdogs 3rd ranked light heavyweight in the world. (granted its hard to find someone who hasnt)

Not to mention beating Vladimir Matyushenko, David Terrell, Marvin Eastman, Sam Hoger, James Lee
Purge
7/9/08 7:13:13PM
Indeed and it's funny, because Vladimir Matyushenko defeated Minotoro, even if it was years ago and Minotoro would trash Vladimir today.

they should have gotten Tito to fight Minotoro, both are top 20 LHW fighters and Poppa Trump is paying the big bucks anyway.
mmadb
7/11/08 1:33:59PM
Fantastic initial post. Genius.
misses1112
7/11/08 5:45:30PM

That is all.

Whispering_Death is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heart you amigo!!