Edson Barboza vs. Justin Salas Targeted For UFC Brazil In January

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Edson Barboza vs. Justin Salas Targeted For UFC Brazil In January
Biggavelli
11/2/12 11:34:48PM
Edson Barboza will return to action in January, facing Justin Salas at the planned UFC card from Brazil. Tatame confirmed the fight in an interview with Barboza.

The event is set to go down January 19, though no location has been determined. The UFC has yet to confirm the card, but multiple reports have it airing on either FX or Fuel TV.

Barboza (10-1) had his perfect record tarnished when Jamie Varner defeated him earlier this year via TKO. Barboza had won his previous four UFC bouts.

Salas (10-4) is 1-1 in his UFC career, but is coming off a TKO loss as well. Salas was stopped by Tim Means in June.

LINK
Budgellism
11/2/12 11:36:11PM
That's a bit of a strange fight.
sparky
11/2/12 11:40:17PM
Edson should get the win in this fight and get himself back on track after suffering the set back at the hands of Jamie Varner.

WAR BARBOZA
prophecy033
11/2/12 11:51:35PM

Posted by Budgellism

That's a bit of a strange fight.

I was thinking the same thing. Think their setting Barboza up for a win because they see some star power in him?
quezocrema0032
11/3/12 12:34:27AM
I get the match up because they want Edson to bounce back but I would have liked matching him with Paul Sass. Two top prospects trying to rebound against each other.
DrivenDavies15
11/3/12 2:05:15AM

Posted by quezocrema0032

I get the match up because they want Edson to bounce back but I would have liked matching him with Paul Sass. Two top prospects trying to rebound against each other.

Now that's an interesting match up for sure! A guy who has slick stand up that's fun to watch vs a guy with exceptional ground skills that's fun to watch. I'm not too impressed with this fight but at least Barboza is back in the cage
prozacnation1978
11/3/12 7:56:03AM
This is what I call a showcase fight
postman
11/3/12 9:04:44AM
Someone is going to get their leg kicked till they can move then get their face boxed in