Edgar against Maynard at Fight Night 13 !!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Edgar against Maynard at Fight Night 13 !!
Next Page »
tuvok500
2/1/08 3:22:43PM
link

A UFC Fight Night 13 event already brimming with talent just got an extra heaping of star-power: undefeated lightweight Frankie Edgar (8-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) has been booked to take on “The Ultimate Fighter 5” standout Gray Maynard (4-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) at the event.

juanez13
2/1/08 3:24:34PM
i take franki by decision, defenately will be a war against two good wrestelers.......stamina will play a huge part of this fight, and i'd give the edge to edgar

Edit: this is by far the most stacked Fight night i have ever seen
Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
Stephan Bonnar vs. Matt Hamill
Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer
Red-Dragon
2/1/08 3:26:56PM
This fight should be very close.

I take Edgar by split.
wolfman
2/1/08 3:27:54PM
Cool, I am also taking Edgar by...total domination!!! j/k Seriously though, Edgar should win this convincingly, Maynard is no joke but he is not in the same league as Edgar. Edgar by UD.
Gipper
2/1/08 3:29:32PM
holy shit. didn't see this one coming. i love it. ufc is sure giving some of these tuf guys a shot at moving way up the rankings. war gray maynard.
backalley101
2/1/08 3:37:44PM
This fight night has a high calibur of fights. It is probably the best fight nights in a long time. From top to bottom, some of these fights could have been on pay-per-view, not that I am complaining. I like free fights. It is good to see a stacked fight night card. I believe that Maynard is going to take this one.
Boo_Radley21
2/1/08 3:42:33PM
This is a great card. I'm liking the sounds of this fight it will definitely be exciting. I'm gonna give it to Edgar though I think he'll be able to take a decision against Maynard.
wrona666
2/1/08 3:51:44PM
I think Edgar should try and keep the fight standing....if he does i think he can finish Maynard....
CornishMMA
2/1/08 3:53:15PM
OMG what a matchup to make!

Well thats a matchup that will never be broadcast as its sure to go long but be very exciting, thats 2 of the best wrestlers, tough fight to call! Gotta lean towards Edgar tho
shawneth
2/1/08 4:00:37PM
god damn!!

There are way too many good fights on that card for a two hour time slot. They should definitly move one of those fights to the Canada card.
JWils
2/1/08 4:04:15PM

Posted by wrona666

I think Edgar should try and keep the fight standing....if he does i think he can finish Maynard....

I agree. My first thought about this fight is that Edgar will win this fight because he's got better hands than Maynard. His striking looked very solid against Tyson Griffin.

Plus, Edgar has shown that he is a smart fighter in the Spencer Fisher fight. He wisely did not even mess with Fisher on the feet. Took him down repeatedly and won the fight fairly easily. So, I think he'll keep the fight where Maynard is the weakest which is the stand up game.
fedorwins1
2/1/08 5:06:50PM
Amazing fight, both very good up-n-coming fighters with great wrestling.

IMO Edgar has better wrestling, cardio, and striking, butttt.....Maynard has some HEAVY hands and if he connects it could be lights out for Edgar.

I'm pulling for Edgar though, since I've been a huge fan after his fight with Tyson Griffin.
wrona666
2/1/08 5:15:12PM

Posted by fedorwins1

IMO Edgar has better wrestling, cardio, and striking, butttt.....Maynard has some HEAVY hands and if he connects it could be lights out for Edgar.

I'm pulling for Edgar though, since I've been a huge fan after his fight with Tyson Griffin.

Maynard may or may not have heavy hands, but his boxing skills are not up to par.....If Griffen couldnt beat Edgar on his feat then Maynard doesnt stand a chance...
Boo_Radley21
2/1/08 5:22:07PM

Posted by wrona666

Posted by fedorwins1

Maynard may or may not have heavy hands, but his boxing skills are not up to par.....If Griffen couldnt beat Edgar on his feat then Maynard doesnt stand a chance...

He may not have the boxing skills, but if he is heavy handed and hits Edgar on the button he could end the fight or at least rock him and finish it off. I'm still going with Edgar though.
prozacnation1978
2/1/08 5:45:04PM
another great fight on fight night too bad most will never air and they is no fight night dvd, what a bummer but i am sure this will make it on the main card
fedorwins1
2/1/08 5:46:31PM

Posted by wrona666

Posted by fedorwins1

I agree that Edgar has better boxing, but Maynard certainly has a punchers chance. He could land a big punch and put Edgar away.

I think Edgar will win though.
NWninja
2/1/08 6:18:42PM
tough decision they are both great wrestlers but i think edgar has the better hands and will be able to capitalize on the transitions. im goin with edgar by submission in round 2
krthll1
2/1/08 8:40:53PM

Posted by juanez13

i take franki by decision, defenately will be a war against two good wrestelers.......stamina will play a huge part of this fight, and i'd give the edge to edgar

Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas

Is it just me or are we not going to be able to watch all of these fights. I think they could move some of these fights to UFC 83 and Ufc 84. I feel like watching all these fights and I feel like I will mis at least 3 of them due to timing limits on T.V.
I want to watch all of these fights!!!
mictlantechutli
2/1/08 9:01:12PM
This is a real step up for Maynard. Edgar hasn't had an easy fight yet, and while I'm not trying to dismiss the competition Gray has faced so far, Edgar has most surely fought the tougher competition up to this point. I see Edgar winning this by R2 ground and pound. If he gets Maynard on his back, Gray is going to be in some serious trouble.
Boo_Radley21
2/1/08 9:01:41PM
You could always just watch the ones you don't see on the internet.
jgordon85
2/1/08 10:06:33PM

Posted by juanez13

Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas

this is a very stacked fight night card one of the best. i am going to take maynard in the fight i think he can pull it off. i am amped to see alves vs parisyan like always with all the welterweights they keep throwing out title shot contentions with this fight so i hear. i am pulling for alves in that one he is going to have to fight hard and smart though. this fight night should be like three hours so you see all the fights they are all good ones.
DuncanFan819
2/1/08 10:53:40PM
This may sound weird and contradictory, but I think this Fight Night is too stacked. Like others have said, we're only going to be able to see a select few of these fights, which means we'll be missing a number of good fights unfortunately. I'd love to be able to watch some of these on a PPV instead of not being able to see them at all.
NatedawgThaM
2/1/08 11:41:19PM
What the hell is wrong with the UFC? Your stacking this card with Main Event type fights from the first prelim to the main event when you still have garbage on other PPV's?

I know this should be an exciting night but I'll be disappointed if all the fights aren't shown in a 3-4 time slot just because it don't matter which fights that show, where bound to miss a great fight or two
SpiderSilva
2/2/08 12:15:05AM
Yay this night is only getting better and better plus keep an eye out for me as Im getting a sign made with MMAPLAYGROUND logo to say whats up to my peeps
telnights
2/2/08 12:27:48AM
This will be a really good fight but I think Edgar will put maynard some where he hasn't been much and thats on his back. We already know Edgar can work off his back from the Tyson fight.

Due to this I see Edgar getting the UD.
krthll1
2/2/08 12:40:33AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

You could always just watch the ones you don't see on the internet.

Thats true but some of the future pay per views could definitely use some of these fights. I want to watch these fights live but not on the internet!!
Porch28
2/2/08 10:45:35AM
It will be a great fight but I think it's a step down for Frank look at the quality of opponents between the 2. Edgar 2nd round KO
Pitbull09
2/2/08 1:51:42PM
UFC has finally reached the point to where even low card fights have great fighters. Im glad they gave maynard a chance at this. Im pretty sure they want edgar to win and do what they did with Roger Huerta fro awhile but Maynard has a good shot.

It will be a great fight and card. Cant wait
Pitbull09
2/2/08 1:54:58PM

Posted by jgordon85

Posted by juanez13

Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas

this is a very stacked fight night card one of the best. i am going to take maynard in the fight i think he can pull it off. i am amped to see alves vs parisyan like always with all the welterweights they keep throwing out title shot contentions with this fight so i hear. i am pulling for alves in that one he is going to have to fight hard and smart though. this fight night should be like three hours so you see all the fights they are all good ones.

Im rooting for Alves too. I think hes turning into a great fighter and will be in the top 5 if he can get a victory over this.
RampageOwnedYou
2/2/08 1:59:45PM
WOW WOW WOW
Dana White must of read my ranting of how the UFC cards need to be better, because this FIGHT NIGHT is SIIIIICK!!! Best Fight Night yet!!

Bravo!!
Pages: [1] 2