Edgar vs. Maynard 3

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Edgar vs. Maynard 3
chickmagnet
3/8/11 3:49:52PM
Tough fight for me, but by watching how they fought in the later rounds I have to go with frankie. The last fight was so odd and so close. Ifd Frankie can avoid Maynards strikes early, he'll win this for sure. Frankie showed his wrestling has improved drastically since the first fight. Maybe he'll pull a BJ Penn and take down the bigger fighter from the start.

Thoughts?
FastKnockout
3/8/11 5:00:49PM
Edgar is a champion. Wasn't sure how he would hold to the pressure in the beginning, but now I'm 100% in him.

Edgar is as good as they come when it goes down to finding his weaknesses and improving them. Like in his two fights with Penn. He went into the first fight and scracthed out a decision, but came back the second time with improved abilities, and did it in more dominant fasion, where Penn had no chance.

Same with the Maynard fights. Edgar was no match for Maynard's strength and size in their first fight, but when their second arrived he had improved his takedown defense and added even more strength to his own takedowns.

He's always improving, and I don't think he's done yet. Now that he knows about Maynard's wrestling, and knows to watch out for Maynard's strong hooks and crosses in the first round, I think he will be able to manage a clear cut decision in the third match.
Budgellism
3/8/11 8:33:18PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Edgar is a champion. Wasn't sure how he would hold to the pressure in the beginning, but now I'm 100% in him.

Edgar is as good as they come when it goes down to finding his weaknesses and improving them. Like in his two fights with Penn. He went into the first fight and scracthed out a decision, but came back the second time with improved abilities, and did it in more dominant fasion, where Penn had no chance.

Same with the Maynard fights. Edgar was no match for Maynard's strength and size in their first fight, but when their second arrived he had improved his takedown defense and added even more strength to his own takedowns.

He's always improving, and I don't think he's done yet. Now that he knows about Maynard's wrestling, and knows to watch out for Maynard's strong hooks and crosses in the first round, I think he will be able to manage a clear cut decision in the third match.

You took the words out of my mouth my man. Edgar personifies what it is to be a champion in this sport. He improves literally every single time we see him and there is no doubt in my mind he will beat Maynard this time around.
sbulldavid
3/8/11 9:54:36PM
I took Edgar in fight 1 and Maynard in fight 2. I still gotta go with Gray, I was more surprised that Gray lasted 5 rounds than I was that Frankie went all 5 after weathering the storm.
BeeR
3/9/11 5:54:52AM
frankie will shut down maynards wrestling again, he will out box him again
As long as he doesnt get caught and take a 4 minute beating like last time, he has this one in the bag