Edgar VS BJ

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Edgar VS BJ
Cdellorso
7/23/10 11:19:32PM
What will Edgar do differently......
I think the stars aligned for his upset "Win" i dont think he really won...
but his game plan was good- bJ was apparently ill and fighting outside in that heat....
what will BJ do differently?

in that exact same fight BJ wins 8 outta 10 times
a Healthy pissed off BJ wins 9.5 times outta 10

chickmagnet
7/23/10 11:38:14PM
BJ is going to dominate the rematch. Bj is truly the best 155er, despite the owner of the belt.
SpiderSilva
7/23/10 11:41:26PM
let's face it bj didn't look like bj something was wrong he took the loss like a champ i expect a explosive bj I'm thinking bj will take it to the ground and sub him but who knows maybe edgar is his kriptanite
BeeR
7/24/10 7:08:39AM
edgar will win
1daveufc
7/24/10 8:39:05AM
a think bj comes out very fast and just takes it to frankie form the start till he gets the take down and subs him in the 2nd round!
prozacnation1978
7/24/10 9:39:16AM
Edgar didn't beat. Penn!! His big ego did!!

If bj listened to his corner and took the fight to the ground he would have won
I see bj showing edgar why he is the best sub artist in the world. And gets him in a
Rnc. Penn will fight smart. Can't wait to see the fight live.
Should be a great night of fights
RyanC
7/24/10 9:50:19AM
I think we're going to see BJ as good as we've ever seen him. Something was definitely wrong with him in the first fight. My personal belief is his left knee was either injured during the fight, or before it despite the fact that he's never said anything about it. He was tentative, and his stance was "off " and he did not press the action like he normally does.

I'm guessing the majority of the rematch is going to look like a boxing match again, but this time BJ will do a much better job of taking the fight to Edgar, and I think maybe he tries to get the fight to the ground in the 3rd to look for a submission. BJ does love his boxing these days so he may stand and trade for 5 rounds or until Edgar goes down, but he has a distinct advantage on the ground, and he may look to exploit it this time.

BJ wins hands down, and I don't think he lets it go to the judges this time.
babalu46
7/24/10 10:37:57AM
I can't see Edgar winning this again, i also don't see it going the distance i just can't decide on which round.
Chael_Sonnen
7/25/10 1:38:36PM
Edgar takes the rematch, BJ's heart and conditioning comes into question once again.
DosBox
7/25/10 1:58:47PM
I thought BJ won the first fight, I think BJ wins the second fight.

Penn jabbed Edgar on the way into the exchange, and counter left hooked Edgar everytime Edgar stepped out of the exchange for the 1st 3 rounds (although it wasnt nearly as profound in the 3rd round as the 1st and 2nd rounds were like). I think this fight will play out similar to the first one, but lets hope competent judging prevails however the fight plays out.

I have Penn via Decision once again.

Cdellorso
7/25/10 9:42:31PM

Posted by BeeR

edgar will win

Chael_Sonnen
7/25/10 10:22:07PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Edgar didn't beat. Penn!! His big ego did!!

If bj listened to his corner and took the fight to the ground he would have won
I see bj showing edgar why he is the best sub artist in the world. And gets him in a
Rnc. Penn will fight smart. Can't wait to see the fight live.
Should be a great night of fights

Edgar won all five rounds against BJ....granted it wasn't exciting, but nonetheless, he still won.

Edgar will dominate in the second fight.
Pookie
7/25/10 11:25:56PM
I Think the fight plays out in the same manner.

Bj Penn wont be able to takedown Edgar, but should get the better of the exchanges on the feet. I think if the fight happens the same way, bj will get the decision more often than not.