Why is Eddie Sanchez the FAVOURITE in picks but the UNDERDOG with wagers?!?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Why is Eddie Sanchez the FAVOURITE in picks but the UNDERDOG with wagers?!?
CornishMMA
6/3/08 5:45:39PM
I thought the wager odds were based on the picks on here? its around 60% picking Sanchex but he has the better odds at -105 with Hardonk at -125

Do wager odds ever get updated or is it solely dependant on the picks % when the new event comes in?
iwannabesedated
6/3/08 5:51:56PM
My money is on Sanchez so i'll take it...Probably have him in my parlay as well.

BTW..Hes -105
npayant
6/3/08 5:54:08PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

My money is on Sanchez so i'll take it...Probably have him in my parlay as well.

BTW..Hes -105

Ssshhh... keep it the hot bout...

iwannabesedated
6/3/08 5:56:32PM

Posted by npayant

BTW..Hes -105

i doubt anyone would switch their picks and parlays to reflect mine..I suck at this game.
npayant
6/3/08 5:57:00PM

Posted by CornishMMA

I thought the wager odds were based on the picks on here? its around 60% picking Sanchex but he has the better odds at -105 with Hardonk at -125

Do wager odds ever get updated or is it solely dependant on the picks % when the new event comes in?

I've seen similar cases to this a few times in the past, and they usually get updated at some point...

But it is getting close... ??
npayant
6/3/08 5:58:38PM

Posted by npayant

BTW..Hes -105

i doubt anyone would switch their picks and parlays to reflect mine..I suck at this game.

It doesn't look like you suck... plus I think you're right with this one... it seems like a gimme! I like when we get hot bout like this on this site (and odds!!)
iwannabesedated
6/3/08 6:05:07PM

Posted by npayant

Posted by npayant

BTW..Hes -105

It doesn't look like you suck... plus I think you're right with this one... it seems like a gimme! I like when we get hot bout like this on this site (and odds!!)

Yeah nothing is really ever a gimme..But im liking Sanchez's chances.I normally only parlay the guys i think are the gimme fights even if their line is shitty like -300.Id rather parlay guys i think are going to win even with a negative line then take chances on someone who maybe a +300 but i dont think will win...I'll wait and go wager crazy with the last event....I mean why the hell not?? Yknow.
puppetmaster837
6/3/08 6:06:09PM

Posted by npayant

Posted by npayant

BTW..Hes -105

This fight is by no means a gimmie, if Sanches tries to stand the whole first round he is gonna be lights out
npayant
6/3/08 6:06:26PM

Posted by CornishMMA

BUT.. now i'm really curious -- Another case of this on the same card:

Pick %: Vera 62% / Werdum 38%

Odds: Vera -105 / Werdum -125

npayant
6/3/08 6:08:40PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Posted by npayant

Posted by npayant

BTW..Hes -105

This fight is by no means a gimmie, if Sanches tries to stand the whole first round he is gonna be lights out

We'll see...
Pookie
6/3/08 8:25:15PM

Posted by npayant

Posted by CornishMMA

The people who have done well in this game for an extended period of time have there vote weighed more in the wagers.

This may not be the entire case, but im sure it has quite a bit to do with it.

Basically, alot of the people who have done really well in this game are choosing werdum, while the not so hot people are choosing vera.
Roughly stated.

Go werdum.
npayant
6/3/08 8:37:52PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by npayant

Posted by CornishMMA

The people who have done well in this game for an extended period of time have there vote weighed more in the wagers.

Basically, alot of the people who have done really well in this game are choosing werdum, while the not so hot people are choosing vera.
Roughly stated.

Go werdum.

I totally agree!! I just wish Werdum was the underdog in the wagers because of the picks %, so I'd win more money!!!

P.S. I'm just having fun here (even though I DO have Werdum), but people don't need to bring this thread back up and throw it in my face in the slight chance that he loses....)

OK....I'm probably asking for it!
holt8081
6/3/08 9:17:17PM
I got Hardonkis that how you spell it
juanez13
6/3/08 9:20:31PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by npayant

Posted by CornishMMA

Roughly stated.

Go werdum.

we'll see
CornishMMA
6/4/08 3:39:34PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Pookie

Posted by npayant

Posted by CornishMMA

Roughly stated.

Go werdum.

we'll see

But thats nothing to do with what we were talking about pookie The whole point is whoever has more people picking them should have worse wager odds but BOTH those fights are the wrong way around, im sure more people picked Werdum when these new odds came in which would explain that discrepancy but it should be updated, and the Hardonk fight was changed last week so the picks % was taken from a lower number and more may well have picked Hardonk then but now its swung 60/40 the other way and also should be updated
prozacnation1978
6/4/08 11:04:07PM
i still don't know who to pick, if hardonck keeps kicking him he will chop him down but don't count eddie out
could you imagine sanchez if he wins the fight he will be 4-1 in the ufc

best record for a heavyweight so far,
better than herring, kongo, noguierra that is crazy!!!!!!!!
jiujitsufreak74
6/5/08 2:21:56AM
well this fight truly deserves to be a hot bout then because, contrarily, i think this is a gimme for Hardonk.
npayant
6/5/08 10:57:33AM

But thats nothing to do with what we were talking about pookie The whole point is whoever has more people picking them should have worse wager odds but BOTH those fights are the wrong way around, im sure more people picked Werdum when these new odds came in which would explain that discrepancy but it should be updated, and the Hardonk fight was changed last week so the picks % was taken from a lower number and more may well have picked Hardonk then but now its swung 60/40 the other way and also should be updated

Any word on if the wagers are going to be updated???

As stated before... according to the pick % Vera is the favorite and so is Sanchez. Why doesn't this reflect in the wagers. There both Werdum and Hardonk are listed as favorites.

Is there a reason why? Did the way these are figured out change? I've always been told that is based on the pick % of this site (no matter what the actual betting line says).

CornishMMA
6/5/08 2:21:14PM
Well thats what i said npayant, i think when these odds 1st came in the picks % was the other way around and they just havnt been updated

where are the mods???

i do remember 1 of them saying that they would have to shut down the site for a good 10 mins to update it so never really bothered in the past but i think they should for these odds!
npayant
6/5/08 2:28:42PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Well thats what i said npayant, i think when these odds 1st came in the picks % was the other way around and they just havnt been updated

where are the mods???

i do remember 1 of them saying that they would have to shut down the site for a good 10 mins to update it so never really bothered in the past but i think they should for these odds!

Oh, I see. I was hoping to put a little money on Werdum if the odds were having him as the underdog... but I guess they won't be. I'm not saying I think he should be the underdog, just according to this site he is. And the real betting line... so who am I to say??
CornishMMA
6/6/08 7:39:15AM
Well no you are right dude, he should be the slight underdog, and certainly not the favourite if ALL the real betting lines ive seen have him as a dog and over 60% on here pick Vera

MODS WHERE ARE YOU??????????????

Will it be updated?
hippysmacker
6/6/08 11:45:46AM
Let me make this clear. We , none of us, spend all our time on the site. So we get to, what we get to, when we can. So calm down, its not the end of the world. Let me make this absolutely clear, this is NOT SOMETHING YOU HIT THE POST REPORT NOTIFACATION BUTTON FOR. That is for when people are breaking forum rules, and we need to delete, edit, etc. When i log on and have 25 e-mails, I need to sift through them. Having me waste time on this . when it is a low priority , irks me. Anyone of you please just e-mail me next time you have a question. No need to make a thread about it, especially since it's likely only I can answer your question. As for this , it is a algorithm that updates at a predetermined time. If it doesn't update by fight time, sorry. It has apparently updated now On the last EliteXC card the hotbout changed 3 times in 3 days, and people whined. I don't see why as I am not going to try " pick harder" on the hot bout. It only changes based on the data of peoples picks. I am not the sites programmer, nor would I think it a worthy enterprise to actually bug him about the time things update. They will update when they do, and thats just life. In the end we all have the same stats, and chances as eachother. A level playing field is the most important thing to me, and we all have the same field in the game.
Kracker_Jap
6/6/08 6:25:01PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Let me make this clear. We , none of us, spend all our time on the site. So we get to, what we get to, when we can. So calm down, its not the end of the world. Let me make this absolutely clear, this is NOT SOMETHING YOU HIT THE POST REPORT NOTIFACATION BUTTON FOR. That is for when people are breaking forum rules, and we need to delete, edit, etc. When i log on and have 25 e-mails, I need to sift through them. Having me waste time on this . when it is a low priority , irks me. Anyone of you please just e-mail me next time you have a question. No need to make a thread about it, especially since it's likely only I can answer your question. As for this , it is a algorithm that updates at a predetermined time. If it doesn't update by fight time, sorry. It has apparently updated now On the last EliteXC card the hotbout changed 3 times in 3 days, and people whined. I don't see why as I am not going to try " pick harder" on the hot bout. It only changes based on the data of peoples picks. I am not the sites programmer, nor would I think it a worthy enterprise to actually bug him about the time things update. They will update when they do, and thats just life. In the end we all have the same stats, and chances as eachother. A level playing field is the most important thing to me, and we all have the same field in the game.

That was tight the HippySmacker just internet smacked some Hippies
zephead
6/8/08 1:44:21PM
Mayhaps I will sell the wife and kids and just stay glued to the website. Everybody has the same odds. Sorry we can't change everything all the time, only some of things some of the time.

Peace and much love

Zep