Eddie bravo question !!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Eddie bravo question !!!
keith-hackney1
5/20/07 3:40:15PM
UFC commentator Mike goldberg once said that eddie bravo is the only american to ever submit a gracie. Is this true ??

Cheers
johny_rotten
5/20/07 4:26:43PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

UFC commentator Mike goldberg once said that eddie bravo is the only american to ever submit a gracie. Is this true ??

Cheers

Yeah he submitted Royler in Abu Dhabi.
keith-hackney1
5/20/07 4:57:01PM

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by keith-hackney1

Cheers

Yeah he submitted Royler in Abu Dhabi.

Did royler tap ???
Svartorm
5/20/07 5:01:24PM
I think that has more to do with gracies refusing to "tap out" than with the competition they've faced. Matt Hughes would have tapped most people with the armbar he had on Royce, but Royce refused to tap.
JimiMak
5/20/07 5:26:03PM
I was thinkin he was the only american to choke out a gracie (didn't think he tapped) but I haven't seen the match in so long.
Svartorm
5/20/07 5:36:10PM
I thought Bravo won with a shoulder lock?

Edit: I just looked it up, and it was a Triangle, which Royler tapped from instead of going unconcious.
Stickan
5/20/07 8:37:05PM
Up until that triangle Royler was winning but he screwed up and got caught.
Other than that I don't think Eddie has ever done anything special in ADCC and I'm sick and tired of his claim as the only american to ever tap a Gracie.

Wallid Ismael (granted he's not american) choked Royce Gracie unconcious but you never hear about that.
keith-hackney1
5/21/07 12:13:59PM

Posted by Stickan

Up until that triangle Royler was winning but he screwed up and got caught.
Other than that I don't think Eddie has ever done anything special in ADCC and I'm sick and tired of his claim as the only american to ever tap a Gracie.

Wallid Ismael (granted he's not american) choked Royce Gracie unconcious but you never hear about that.

wallid ismael, isnt he bin laden's brother ????