Eddie Bravo VS Some Meat Head Talkin Smack in Legends Gym

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Eddie Bravo VS Some Meat Head Talkin Smack in Legends Gym
bullettdodger
7/1/08 12:12:55PM
Here is a video of some moron who decides that it would be a good idea to bum rush the sempai.... Eddie Bravo, in his own freakin gym... how much of an idiot do you need to be for natural selection to kick in?!?

Linkage to Pwnage
bullettdodger
7/1/08 12:16:56PM
okay so i also just found Joe Rogan repeatedly tapping out some scrub

Apparently this clown decided to challenge Joe Rogan on Myspace lol
fedorwins1
7/1/08 12:28:10PM
Yeah I've seen the Bravo video before, a lot of people think it was set up though.
bullettdodger
7/1/08 12:32:26PM
I guess it definitely could be staged, but i dunno... just doesn't seem worth it to go through all the trouble to stage a video where some dude attacks you, i just don't see the pay off, he put the bad quality youtube vid on the net and becomes an internet celebrity for like 2 minutes? I did however attempt the search for this video in the forum pages so, if it has been posted before my bad
DiabloFreak56
7/1/08 1:44:36PM
this kid is stupid who in the right mind would pick a fight with eddie bravo.. hes trying to act tough. and its an epic failure, in this case WAR EDDIE BRAVO!
big_timmy
7/1/08 7:58:28PM
I reckon its faked. I know Eddie Bravo is a mad man, but you see none of the students even bat an eyelid. If some dude rushes your BJJ coach, no matter how good he is, your gonna flinch and try and stop it.
Pookie
7/1/08 8:00:14PM

Posted by big_timmy

I reckon its faked. I know Eddie Bravo is a mad man, but you see none of the students even bat an eyelid. If some dude rushes your BJJ coach, no matter how good he is, your gonna flinch and try and stop it.

didnt you see the one guy who just starts kicking the dude when hes in bravo's guard.

Plus this fool just rushed a bjj master, he doesnt realyl need any help.
jiujitsufreak74
7/1/08 8:09:56PM
it is staged, read the comments under the video. they have several of these staged incidents.
big_timmy
7/1/08 8:19:22PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by big_timmy

didnt you see the one guy who just starts kicking the dude when hes in bravo's guard.

Plus this fool just rushed a bjj master, he doesnt realyl need any help.

The guy is kicking him with his toes, and then just walks away like its nothing. I know he's a BJJ master, but even initially, SOMEBODY would have gotten up to do something. There telling the dude to tap, and your telling me that Bravo would have stopped if the dude had tapped? Not bloody likely.
bullettdodger
7/1/08 10:53:16PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

it is staged, read the comments under the video. they have several of these staged incidents.

I read the comments under the video... some people say it is off his "Mastering the Rubber Guard DVD" i dunno, anyone on this forum have any of those dvds or have seen them and can confirm or deny this? Probably is staged though as it happens but, the rogan pwning the myspace challenger is still funny to me
ncordless
7/3/08 2:35:46AM

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

I read the comments under the video... some people say it is off his "Mastering the Rubber Guard DVD" i dunno, anyone on this forum have any of those dvds or have seen them and can confirm or deny this? Probably is staged though as it happens but, the rogan pwning the myspace challenger is still funny to me

I have the DVDs and yeah he does stuff like this. I'll rewatch them to see if this particular incident was in there.

Until then, I have to say that in a room full of people who fancy themselves fighters the chances of them all just sitting there while someone charges their teacher is nil. The one guy gets in there and starts soccer kicking for a bit, but everyone else didn't even get up. Watch a real fight, spectators get nervous and alot of noise gets made.
CornishMMA
7/4/08 7:39:38AM
LOL Eddie pwns everything, might just be they are so used to that kind of crap they just chilled and watched, but it does seem staged cos the guy just shot in for a takedown on Bravo, i doubt anyone would be that stupid, if he was loving the kung fu crap then he would have flown in with something fancy

Theres 1 with Koscheck VS some random guy who thought he was a better striker than Kos, he got battered
VictimSix
8/12/08 5:22:00PM
Seems staged but he held the choke for a LONG time. If it was staged that was a pretty dick move to hold a choke that long after the guy passed out. Either way Eddies the man, thats how you pass someones guard
Svartorm
8/12/08 8:18:12PM
Back when my older brother was running his school out of Golds Gym, this happened three times to him and once to me. Usually its a dare of some kind where a bunch of guys decide that they should show the karate dudes whats up and one of them would rush in. Not sure if this video is fake or not, but no one ever interfered in his class because it was usually over fast or my brother or myself weren't actually in any trouble.
bls1919
8/12/08 9:18:33PM
Rogan is the man.
gsquat
8/14/08 11:47:22AM
Shenanigans!