Eddie Bravo: Joe Rogan Is One Bad Mofo

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Eddie Bravo: Joe Rogan Is One Bad Mofo
DCRage
10/7/08 1:26:09PM
While it's not clear if he'll ever trade punchlines for real punches, Joe Rogan apparently is pretty good when it comes to jiu-jitsu...so much that his teacher, Eddie Bravo, thinks Rogan could go straight to Welterweight if he ever wanted to do MMA and do quite well.

Article
loonytnt
10/7/08 1:49:06PM
if he did join mma as a fighter he could talk trash with the best of them

check it out link
wiggum
10/7/08 2:06:07PM
i heard he also has a strong kickboxing background too, won a couple amature titles in massatuchets (sp) or something of the like......i wish him and wesley snipes would have mixed it up like all that underground talk was saying they would...talk about a main event!
The-Don
10/7/08 2:09:47PM

Posted by wiggum

i heard he also has a strong kickboxing background too, won a couple amature titles in massatuchets (sp) or something of the like......i wish him and wesley snipes would have mixed it up like all that underground talk was saying they would...talk about a main event!

That would certianly be an interesting match.. though it sounds like it could be the next headline fight for Elite XC.. a co main event with Kimbo
disorderlyvision
10/7/08 2:22:36PM

Posted by The-Don

Posted by wiggum

That would certianly be an interesting match.. though it sounds like it could be the next headline fight for Elite XC.. a co main event with Kimbo

I'd rather see him smash carlos mencia. they probably have a bigger fued than him and snipes (why are they fueding anyway?).

also, like nick diaz, his wins would be overturned from the straight thc he would piss out
JimiMak
10/7/08 2:30:31PM
I think he's got too much else on his plate to consider dropping everything to take up the more intense training regimine to join the deepest toughest division in the world. Tho everytime someone brings up wanting to do a celebrity fight supposedly Jo Rogan is the UFC's answer. Noone's taken them up cuz I bet he could mess someone up. Did anyone see the guy that tried to attack him on Fear Factor? He just embarrassed him and looked like he didn't want to hurt him.
PaleHorse
10/7/08 3:30:11PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by The-Don

Posted by wiggum

I'd rather see him smash carlos mencia. they probably have a bigger fued than him and snipes (why are they fueding anyway?).

also, like nick diaz, his wins would be overturned from the straight thc he would piss out

I don't think he has a feud with Snipes, I think they were just talking about a celebrity fight because they both are capable of fighting and about the same size, besides remember Snipes went to prison for tax evasion so that won't happen for 3 years anyways. And as for the THC thing, all he has to do is fight in Cali and have a medical card. Same with Eddie Bravo, but Bravo is a grappler, he doesn't need to do MMA.
Solidus
10/7/08 3:58:12PM
Joe has said before that it's just a recreation thing for him, he'll never fight professionally.
Darnok
10/7/08 4:01:00PM
Rogan would have to fight somewhere where they don't test for recreational drugs.
Twenty20Dollars
10/7/08 4:22:18PM
Joe Rogan 2010 UFC WW champ haha jk.
Red-Dragon
10/7/08 4:47:46PM
Snipes would kick his ass
McBee
10/7/08 5:02:22PM
A lot of people hurl insults at Rogan but his passion, interesting stories and explanations has definetly taught me the most about MMA and probably had a part in making me an even bigger fan of modern MMA over the '90s rent from Blockbuster with my highschool friends MMA.

It is so cool because he is really a lot like most hard core fans, in that it makes him want to be involved physically in the sport and even affects his standup comedy as it effects at least my conversations with people.

And heck he did his first UFC appearance back in UFC 22 or something, when it definitely would not futher his career.

Lastly he definitely keeps Goldie's hyping in check.

I love how over the years Goldie has stolen so many of the things that Rogan has said over the years.

"front kicks are one of the most underutilized things in MMA"

"now when you hear that low thud instead of the slapping sound is when the low kick is really connecting"

Goldie should have to get a Joe Rogan tattoo or something
grappler0000
10/7/08 5:25:40PM

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by The-Don

Posted by wiggum

I don't think he has a feud with Snipes, I think they were just talking about a celebrity fight because they both are capable of fighting and about the same size, besides remember Snipes went to prison for tax evasion so that won't happen for 3 years anyways. And as for the THC thing, all he has to do is fight in Cali and have a medical card. Same with Eddie Bravo, but Bravo is a grappler, he doesn't need to do MMA.

Medical card or not, you can't have THC in your system. A banned substance is a banned substance. Diaz has a medical card and he got pulled from the card by the Cali AC before he even took a test.
Branwest
10/7/08 6:41:50PM
Yeah, I'd rather see Joe crush Carlos Mencia. Joe has called him out constantly for stealing material. Carlos would get hurt, and I would love it. I liked Carlos when he was a regular guest on the Lex and Terry show, but since he got his own show, he's exposed himself for what he really is; a hack and an idiot. He steals material and acts retarded, literally, and isn't the least bit funny.
Rogan would break his arms.....(double arm-bar, that would be something).....
jgtribbett
10/7/08 7:23:33PM
I would like to see him compete onces.. i'm sure he wouldnt do too bad. a while back.. so blackbelt on youtube challenged him and joe smoke him haha.

either way you look at it.. his commentating is much better than it used to be.

back in the day you'd hear him say things like "he got him in a twisted arm lock"

thank god he started training haha.
TheCelica
10/7/08 10:00:22PM
Joe Rogan is the 1984 Tae Kwon Do grand champion. He would kick ass in the UFC.
Rush
10/8/08 10:20:10AM

Posted by TheCelica

Just like Danny Abbadi
Focker101
10/30/08 12:43:47PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by TheCelica

Just like Danny Abbadi

Nice
jocka
10/30/08 2:10:23PM

Posted by jgtribbett

I would like to see him compete onces.. i'm sure he wouldnt do too bad. a while back.. so blackbelt on youtube challenged him and joe smoke him haha.

The guy was just a guy that called him out he was not a black belt (if we are talking about the same clip :)