Eddie Alvarez Signs With Bellator FC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Eddie Alvarez Signs With Bellator FC
DCRage
11/26/08 11:20:24AM
Former EliteXC lightweight contender Eddie Alvarez has signed on with Bellator Fighting Championships, which will air on ESPN Deportes according to the fighter in an interview with iGuillotine.com.

Article
cowcatcher
11/26/08 11:24:17AM
not a shocker because the rumors were out there. glad its official, espn being involved, along with signing guys like eddie gives bellator a nice jump start as a new promotion.
Porch28
11/26/08 11:43:23AM
This sucks now he'll be fighting nothing but lower level guys, what a waste
cowcatcher
11/26/08 11:52:05AM

Posted by Porch28

im not sure thats completely true, the list of rumored fighters was pretty solid, although its not going to be comparable to the zuffa, or FEG rosters.
cmill21
11/26/08 12:06:25PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Porch28

im not sure thats completely true, the list of rumored fighters was pretty solid, although its not going to be comparable to the zuffa, or FEG rosters.

I'm wondering if he'll be able to go to Dream as well, it doesn't say anything about being exclusive.
cowcatcher
11/26/08 12:33:09PM
i doubt its exclusive, the ufc is the only org with the balls and profit margins to pull that off, plus hes fighting in extreme challenge in january so id say dream is a very real possibility.
higdon10
11/26/08 12:37:18PM
I think he will be competing in DREAM as well.
jae_1833
11/26/08 1:02:59PM
Got a link with a fighter roster on it???

I do hope Bellator does well, for the sake of it's fighters, however my selfishness really just want this to begin to get easier to follow. I don't think I need more than 4-5 orgs to follow. Right now I already have that. UFC needs to really look at the roster they have, swallow some pride, and start signing the best and most exciting fighters. AA...wtf....Lawler, same....Diaz, god we could go on all day and just nick the iceberg. I've seen whole threads based on this argument. If I were the UFC Pres I would start having a lot more shows, so that I could have a lot more fighters. They ARE trying to build a monopoly on the sport, make no mistake. I'd say there is probably about 50-75 great fighter's out there that should be signed, and this could nearly double the amount of shows that they have per year. Try 1PPV and 1 free event a month for a year and see where your company is then!
cowcatcher
11/26/08 1:08:46PM
rumored are:
paulo filho
hector lombard
jorge masvidal

and alvarez is in

thats what ive seen so far
jae_1833
11/26/08 1:15:06PM
Yeah I saw that....was hoping for more/better info.
Lord_Lenny
11/26/08 1:20:51PM
hopefully he's looking to string together some solid fights before going into a stacked UFC or at least be fighting in Dream. But he's a young guy and this is far from permanent.
cmill21
11/26/08 1:48:24PM

Posted by Lord_Lenny

hopefully he's looking to string together some solid fights before going into a stacked UFC or at least be fighting in Dream. But he's a young guy and this is far from permanent.

LW'and HW's have better options to improve their legacy out side the UFC IMHO.
Lord_Lenny
11/26/08 3:20:27PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Lord_Lenny

LW'and HW's have better options to improve their legacy out side the UFC IMHO.

Thats true, guys like Guida, Edgar and Tyson Griffin, who i think are far more tested fighters are already ranked lower than Alvarez just because of the confusement in the stacked UFC LW division
machodog76
11/26/08 3:41:04PM
with the money they are offering they should get some quality fighters I cant wait!
RampageOwnedYou
11/26/08 6:26:31PM
boo to this!!

Eddie needs to come and clean up in UFC.

Why wouldnt he stay in Dreams?
Curious to know more about this.
soundboy1
11/26/08 11:11:53PM

Posted by jae_1833

Got a link with a fighter roster on it???

I do hope Bellator does well, for the sake of it's fighters, however my selfishness really just want this to begin to get easier to follow. I don't think I need more than 4-5 orgs to follow. Right now I already have that. UFC needs to really look at the roster they have, swallow some pride, and start signing the best and most exciting fighters. AA...wtf....Lawler, same....Diaz, god we could go on all day and just nick the iceberg. I've seen whole threads based on this argument. If I were the UFC Pres I would start having a lot more shows, so that I could have a lot more fighters. They ARE trying to build a monopoly on the sport, make no mistake. I'd say there is probably about 50-75 great fighter's out there that should be signed, and this could nearly double the amount of shows that they have per year. Try 1PPV and 1 free event a month for a year and see where your company is then!

This may be the smartest thing I have read on this site. If Dana could just see the big picture he really could have it all. I mean he recently said he doesn't need network tv. I really feel they should be having fights every week on network tv. The audience is there. If he had the one free fight one ppv I think the ppv's would grow dramatically in size.