Eddie Alvarez and Bellator mend fences, book Michael Chandler rematch for PPV

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Eddie Alvarez and Bellator mend fences, book Michael Chandler rematch for PPV
« Previous Page
king_katool
8/13/13 9:58:03PM

Posted by Webbie

Posted by Michael_Corleone

Posted by Dberntson

This should be the main event, not Tito vs Rampage. Tito vs Rampage is a dissapointing co-main event, let alone the main event.

When you pay that kind of money for Tito and Rampage, you squeeze every bit out of that juice and get your money's worth. You cannot justify paying that much money for them not to promote and be in the main event.

As much as I think Chandler/Alvarez 2 is more deserving of the main event slot, I agree with this.

Great fighter or not (and like him or not), Tito Ortiz's name actually puts a lot of asses in seats. Rampage should attract his fair share of viewers as well.

The more people tito and rampage draw to watch this will see bellator ranks their champions under old washed up ufc fighters.

If bellator wants to be taken serious they should promote their own champs not former ufc ones.
GDPofMPG
8/14/13 10:55:58AM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by Webbie

Posted by Dberntson

This should be the main event, not Tito vs Rampage. Tito vs Rampage is a dissapointing co-main event, let alone the main event.

When you pay that kind of money for Tito and Rampage, you squeeze every bit out of that juice and get your money's worth. You cannot justify paying that much money for them not to promote and be in the main event.

As much as I think Chandler/Alvarez 2 is more deserving of the main event slot, I agree with this.

Great fighter or not (and like him or not), Tito Ortiz's name actually puts a lot of asses in seats. Rampage should attract his fair share of viewers as well.

The more people tito and rampage draw to watch this will see bellator ranks their champions under old washed up ufc fighters.

If bellator wants to be taken serious they should promote their own champs not former ufc ones.

They are selling the names, business 101 learned from Zuffa. Not hard to see. Rampage and Tito had a combined 50 fights in the UFC and 10 of them were not main events or co-main events. People who know MMA know Chandler vs Alverez is a bigger deal, but anyone should see that not taking advantage of Tito and Rampage as drawing names would be incredibly shortsighted for trying to garner attention to sell a product.
Bubbles
8/14/13 2:49:55PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by grappler0000
how much would Zuffa offer to a fighter that is 0-2 against Bellator's current champion? Also, there would be no shortcut to the title any longer.

See Chael Sonnen

Sonnen hasn't lost to any Bellator champions that I am aware of

Michael_Corleone
8/14/13 9:21:44PM

Posted by king_katool

Posted by Webbie

Posted by Dberntson

Which would be better than nobody watching Bellator at all, no? If a tree falls in the woods, and nobody is around to hear it, does Connor McGregor still ride around in a Ferrari with Dana White?
Pages: 1 [2]