How do you eat your Ramen?!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » How do you eat your Ramen?!
Next Page »
warglory
1/11/10 12:29:57PM
So I was recently told something that turned my world upsidedown, Ramen is supposed to be drained and eaten without the water?!

I have grown up eating Ramen as soup, so this is a huge revelation to me as I had always eaten the broth (and will continue to do so). So, how does everyone eat their Ramen?!
grappler0000
1/11/10 12:38:16PM
You can eat it either way. I always drain it and eat it as noodles though. I believe the instructions (at least on most) tell you to make it as soup.
DCRage
1/11/10 12:56:11PM
Ditto, I cook it as usual then drain and just eat the noodles, hopefully without draining too much flavor from the seasoning.

PS-I only eat Maruchan Ramen.
grappler0000
1/11/10 1:05:12PM

Posted by DCRage

Ditto, I cook it as usual then drain and just eat the noodles, hopefully without draining too much flavor from the seasoning.

I save the seasoning until after I drain it, to preserve the flavor...I only use a half packet or less that way as well.
marcoDGK
1/11/10 2:06:17PM
When I make it in the microwave I just eat it as soup. There are some where you are suppose to drain the water and eat as noodles. A friend of mine eats lots of the Korean Ramen and that's how he eats it all the time. Another friend of mine cracks an egg and tomatoe into it. She also makes it over the stove.

Just sounds too fancy for something I buy because it's cheap, quick and delicious.

When I want good Ramen I go to a Japanese and they serve it as soup. There is one that is very good in Orange County (Huntington Beach), if anyone is in the area, named Shin Shen. It's really good but the wait is pretty long at times.
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/11/10 2:21:17PM
I sometimes just eat it raw straight out of the bag, sprinkle the stock on it lol
AchillesHeel
1/11/10 2:22:31PM

Posted by warglory

So I was recently told something that turned my world upsidedown, Ramen is supposed to be drained and eaten without the water?!

You can, but there's no "supposed to" about it. Noodles are eaten in soup in every Asian country.
Pookie
1/11/10 2:55:09PM
Sometimes i just open the packet and eat the Noodle crunch bar raw.

Cooked i prefer Eggs mixed in, with a little water poured out. Always got to try and find the right balance. Maybe 40/60 water.
postman
1/11/10 3:09:19PM
I usually eat as a soup but when I was a kid I would boil drain water then melt butter over it and mix in the flavor. I recently tried this and do not recommend this version any more.
ncordless
1/11/10 3:40:15PM
World's best Ramen recipe... clinically proven to keep a person alive

take 1 pack of oriental ramen and 1 pack of spicy chili ramen, remove noodles and boil in water. Add salt and one table spoon of cooking oil (seseme oil is great if you can get it)

hard-boil 1 egg (can be done in same water as noodles if you are short on space)

take desired amount of frozen or canned vegetables, add to noodles and water. Carrots, peas, sna peas, lima beans, chickpeas, or whatever you got.

Remove noodles from water.

remove cooked egg from water. peel and smash. then mix.

For a more filling meal, add a can of tuna.

Season to taste with Louisiana hot Sauce, soy sauce, butter, and dirty ramen powders.
george112
1/11/10 3:48:54PM
personally i prefer the cup ramen just cause IMO its easier.

BUT when i do eat the packet i put the raw noodles in a bowl with water and microwave till ready than i strain the water out and put shredded cheese into it.

mix around until the cheese is melted and enjoy

Delicious
sbulldavid
1/11/10 4:59:04PM
I cook it , then drain it, then I add about half a packet of the seasoning.
kopower
1/11/10 5:17:57PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by DCRage

I save the seasoning until after I drain it, to preserve the flavor...I only use a half packet or less that way as well.

I do it the exact same way. Most of the time I add vegetables like broccoli or grean beans. Try it sometime if you haven't. I do the frozen variety and cook it right with the noodles.
higdon10
1/11/10 8:38:18PM
I strain the water from the noodles, and then mix in the seasoning.
emfleek
1/12/10 8:58:42AM
I've been drunk and had Ramen too many times. In other words, I *don't* eat Ramen anymore *UNLESS*...

The noodles are mixed in to Asian Slaw.

LINK
Violentcuv
1/12/10 3:38:53PM
I drain almost all the water out of mine. Just leave a little bit in it enough to be able to mix the packet in and not be clumpy.... The water takes away most the flavor. I like them with a strong flavor.
emfleek
1/12/10 3:40:29PM
Back in the day, I was known to jack an extra packet of seasoning out of one of the remaining bags of Ramen. I was *that* guy.

Mayhem13
1/12/10 4:50:24PM
Put the noodles in a bowl of water. microwave it, drain a little water so that its just above the noodles. add packet of seasoning.

Make a PB and J sandwich and dip it in!
mrsmiley
1/12/10 7:38:52PM
In jail you can add the noodles with cheese into a trash bag filled with hot water.
Shake,then pour out.

My brother was only in jail a few hours and some how he managed to learn that first thing.

Strange........
warglory
1/12/10 8:57:16PM

Posted by mrsmiley

In jail you can add the noodles with cheese into a trash bag filled with hot water.
Shake,then pour out.

My brother was only in jail a few hours and some how he managed to learn that first thing.

Strange........

A trash bag? Damn, must have been a crapload of Ramen!
CanadianCripplr
1/16/10 10:58:46PM
My 15 yr old daughter and her friend eat them raw. I dont get that...right outa the bag. I prefer soup and had never thought about draining the water ...I always add hotsauce. Feels good to sometimes be satisfied by a meal that costs 33 cents.
You can also never go wrong throwing in leftover roast beef or roasted chicken....
gartface
1/16/10 11:43:36PM

Posted by DCRage

Top Ramen is gross!
Boo_Radley21
1/18/10 11:52:30PM
What is Ramen? Is that like mr. noodle or something?
emfleek
1/19/10 8:17:29AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

What is Ramen? Is that like mr. noodle or something?

Boo_Radley21
1/19/10 9:24:50AM
Lol I've never seen that before. Is it an American thing or something?
emfleek
1/19/10 10:24:48AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Lol I've never seen that before. Is it an American thing or something?

It's a college/university staple in the US.
RhythmAndStyle
1/19/10 10:48:45AM
ok first off..i'm asian..so this is how i do it..i boil the noodle..take one egg and break it into the boilin water,add chopped beef into the pot..let it all boil into goodness..take the seasoning package and open it into the bowl,not the pot..take the pot pour into the bowl..top it off with green onion..and BAM..there you have it..and i don't eat Ramen..i eat the instant noodle from the oriental store..you get bout 30 packs for $8-10 bucks..so it's bout the same price as Ramen noodle..but it tastes alot better..i'm tell ya'll to find your closest oriental store..go in there and look for a noodle brand call "Mama"..and they should have a bunch of noodle out of the box,so you know what kind you're buying and what box to look for...
Boo_Radley21
1/19/10 11:46:48AM
Here's the Canadian version hahaha I eat it with the broth in a bowl lol. I used to eat them with no water and just put the sauce on the noodles but I like it better as soup now.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
RhythmAndStyle
1/19/10 7:49:06PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Here's the Canadian version hahaha I eat it with the broth in a bowl lol. I used to eat them with no water and just put the sauce on the noodles but I like it better as soup now.

yo..that's badas*..i never heard of Mr. Noodles..and yeah that is the Canada version of Ramen Noodles..lol...
warglory
1/20/10 8:19:59PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by Boo_Radley21

yo..that's badas*..i never heard of Mr. Noodles..and yeah that is the Canada version of Ramen Noodles..lol...

Neither have I. I never realized that Ramen noodles were an American thing (aside from the phenom it is in Asia), I always thought it was the Western world's answer to a quick noodle fix.
Pages: [1] 2