So Eastman vs. Martin was a disappointment?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » So Eastman vs. Martin was a disappointment?
kevietre
2/3/08 2:05:55PM
This PPV cost a little more approx. $44.95 but they showed the most fight's they have ever shown. They showed every fight except Terry Martin vs. Marvin Eastman which I thought had the potential to be a slugfest. After reading the play by play on Sherdog I found out there was a lot of boo's and both fighters were tentative. After Martin spit in the face of Eastman and shoved him at the weigh in's I thought Eastman would come out and lay it all on the line since he was disrespected and he was making his middleweight debut in the UFC. In the post fight interview Eastman said he gave himself the grade of a "D." I noticed this in Eastman's fight he never got off against Vitor and got destroyed. Never did anything against Lutter and got KO. Traded a little bit with Rampage till he got KO. Wouldn't you would think he would come out and be more aggressive? I'm not trying to bash Eastman but he needs to take Chris Lytle's approach. Lytle said he trains to hard to fight conservative. He has had decision losses and now he just comes out and puts on a fight like he did against Alves and Bradley. If Eastman comes out and and gives it everything he got he could be dangerous.
loonytnt
2/3/08 3:33:04PM
i though that fight would have been a KO first round
roger
2/3/08 3:37:12PM
i thought eastman was going to come out and knock out martin for spitting in his face. turned out to be a boring fight
richieb19
2/3/08 4:04:30PM

Posted by roger

i thought eastman was going to come out and knock out martin for spitting in his face. turned out to be a boring fight

Martin spit in his face?
jiujitsufreak74
2/3/08 4:12:44PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by roger

Martin spit in his face?

he did at the weigh-ins but only after eastman got in his face. either way it was wrong but all of the weigh-in hype turned out to be nothing but martin losing again. i really don't like martin and he needs to develop a gas tank or he will be nothing in the UFC.
mrsmiley
2/3/08 6:57:50PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by roger

Martin spit in his face?

LOL.

My thoughts exactly.
Pookie
2/3/08 7:58:39PM
If your going to spit in someones face, you better win the fight.

Terry is a class act.
Svartorm
2/4/08 2:14:03AM
This fight had to be awful if they showed Emerson vs. Nakamura instead. I think pretty much everyone figured it was going to be a one round KO, no matter who you picked.
telnights
2/4/08 3:14:01AM
I watched this fight on UFC on demand and it was a waste. The most active person was the Ref. Both fighters should be ashamed of themselves. I would say that Swick vs. Burkman was a better fight.

Posted by kevietre
This PPV cost a little more approx. $44.95 but they showed the most fight's they have ever shown.

UFC 80 they showed every fight but one also.