East Chicago, Ind., declares June 4, 2010 to be "Miguel Angel Torres Day"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » East Chicago, Ind., declares June 4, 2010 to be "Miguel Angel Torres Day"
grappler0000
5/20/10 2:02:37PM
Move over Urijah Faber, Miguel Torres is here.

While "The California Kid" recently received an official day in his honor, Faber isn't the only WEC star to receive such recognition.

East Chicago, Ind., hometown of former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres, has declared June 4, 2010 to be "Miguel Angel Torres Day."

"East Chicago is my home, and to be recognized in this capacity means a lot," Torres stated in an official release from the WEC announcing the honor. "The city is full of hardworking people and I have done my best to represent East Chicago in a positive way."

The 29-year-old Torres grew up and still resides in East Chicago, and he operates a mixed martial arts academy in nearby Hammond, Ind.

Torres is expected to take part in a variety of activities around town on his official day.

Link
BlueSkiesBurn
5/20/10 3:52:10PM
Why did I think he was from Riverside, CA? Huh, who knows, that's awesome, though. Kind of sad that they didn't do this when he was absolutely destroying everyone instead of having two consecutive losses but, hey, I'll never have a day named after me so... Angel Torres
vomitshovel
5/21/10 10:43:39AM
You might, the day the nazis on dinosaurs take over.