Early Picks to Win TUF

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Early Picks to Win TUF
chickmagnet
4/25/09 12:33:25AM
After watching that first fight, I can tell that there are going to be some brutal fights in the future. There will probably be quite a bit of injuries and concussions. Even though I am a proud american I do believe the Brits are going to do far better in this competition. Espescially after Nick's win, starting off the elimination fights with a head kick KO. Both my picks are from the UK Team.

My Early Picks to win:

WELTERWEIGHT: David Faulkner - He was originally training to represent Britain in the 2012 olympics for judo. His submissions are sick, and works out at the wolfslair, where he has worked with some of the best.

LIGHTWEIGHT: Ross Pearson - He reminds me of a 155 pound version of Wanderlei Silva. He absolutely destroyed that first guy he fought. His ground game is probably the best out of the lightweights and is one of the tougher guys on the team.
hotrodttt
4/25/09 1:13:09AM
Welterwight: Dave Faulkner
Lightweight: Andre Winner

Khaos
4/25/09 1:27:13AM
US WW: DaMarques Johnson
US LW: Jason Dent

UK WW: David Faulkner
UK LW: Jeff Lawson

Overall Winner WW: David Faulkner
Overall Winner LW: Jason Dent
mentalcase
4/25/09 1:33:24AM
the guy with the long red hair

and the brit with white hair that won with the heel hook

gartface
4/25/09 2:01:04AM
170 - Faulkner
155 - Whitson
MMAcca
4/25/09 2:12:07AM
WW - Demarques Johnson

LW - Andre Winner/Ross Pearson
postman
4/25/09 9:06:53AM
I like how the keep making the Brits seem like the underdogs. The problem with that is I think the US talent pool has been all picked over but the Brits are a new pool to pick from.

WW - Demarques Johnson

LW - Ross Pearson

I was also so happy to see them show Bisping watching millers fight and putting a game plan into effect. Much more interesting then who peed on my fruit. I think that showing the trainingwill give the causual fan a better understan ding of the sport.
prozacnation1978
4/25/09 11:46:07AM
welter early pick is johnson

lightweight have to go with andre winner
Mayhem13
4/25/09 12:32:38PM
Faulkner
Winner

Both champs will be from the UK team
Aaronno9
4/25/09 12:40:26PM
WW - DaMarques Johnson or Dave Faulker. Depends on whether Dave can preform under the pressure.

LW - Andrea Winner or Ross Pearson. I feel Ross is slightly better overall, but if he gets into a kickboxing match with Winner he'll probably loose.
copcopps
4/25/09 12:52:04PM
Dent and Faulkner

Pearson I'm saying will be a finalist
nickcuc547
4/25/09 1:22:04PM
DeMarques Johnson and Andre Winner, just form their prelim fights I thought they were the most impressive, but lets not forget how good junie and david kaplan looked in their preliminary fights, should be interesting, this is one of the tougher seasons to call.
Twenty20Dollars
4/25/09 1:29:25PM
I want to pick winners but haha i cant remember most of the guys names because i havent seen them much.

jason dent wont win, i do know that.
Wolfenstein
4/25/09 2:22:07PM
The UK is going to dominate at LW. Lawson, Pearson, and Winner are all really close in terms of talent. Winner defeated Lawson previously, but I think Jeff is going to take LW.

At WW, it was destined to be Che Mills, who was shockingly submitted by a heel hook. Anyone who has seen Che fight, knew he had legit skills to be in the UFC. Now, I would probably lean towards the good ol' US of A's DaMarques.
Franklinfan47
4/25/09 5:25:13PM
I'm not sure about welterweight, but my pick for Lightweight would be Lawson.
KaibaThedon
4/25/09 6:54:23PM
I like Richie Whitson (?) with the red afro for Lightweights... hes pretty dynamite
Dragoslav
4/26/09 11:07:35AM
I'm still undecided on WW but for LW I pick Ross. The guy's a beast.
tmas
4/26/09 11:39:23AM

Posted by Aaronno9

WW - DaMarques Johnson or Dave Faulker. Depends on whether Dave can preform under the pressure.

LW - Andrea Winner or Ross Pearson. I feel Ross is slightly better overall, but if he gets into a kickboxing match with Winner he'll probably loose.

did you still my thoughts?