DVD Ripper

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » DVD Ripper
RNC
3/19/09 8:52:54PM
Does anyone know of a good dvd ripper, and if having such dvd ripper, would be able to hook me up with it?

Thanks ahead of time.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
3/19/09 10:13:12PM
I would buy a blue ray burner if i was you . Best buy will have one
breakdown5
3/19/09 11:03:40PM
I use DVDFab Platinum. Super easy to use with lots of options like ripping just one chapter or just the main movie without the menus, or you can rip an exact duplicate of your personal DVD collection if you get the dual layer DVDs.

Hit me with a PM if you have further questions.

And DaSilva is probably right, but you don't need it unless you have a blueray player or PS3 to watch your burned bluerays on(which my broke ass does not).
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
3/19/09 11:17:54PM
BD-R's hold 25 gig on a single layer disk , the dvd r are 8 gigs double sided . You can record 1080 P onto blue rays . You can download blueray torrents so thats a easy decision for me
Jimbo
3/19/09 11:21:29PM
theres a program called DVD shrink, its a really small download and its pretty easy to use
breakdown5
3/19/09 11:40:39PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BD-R's hold 25 gig on a single layer disk , the dvd r are 8 gigs double sided . You can record 1080 P onto blue rays . You can download blueray torrents so thats a easy decision for me

I totally agree, I was just stating alternatives for us who are technologically behind the curve.
MMA
3/20/09 2:20:41PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

I would buy a blue ray burner if i was you . Best buy will have one

Are blue-rays feasible?

I would personally stick with DVDs.
DCRage
3/21/09 11:19:41AM
A blank Blu-Ray will probably cost, depending on where you buy them, in the $15-30 range. A blank DVD+RW (the format I generally use) will typically cost anywhere from 60 cents to $2, again depending on where you by them. I usually buy mine in packs of 25, which usually cost $15-25 (once again depending on where, I usually go to Best Buy, Target, or Office Depot). Space-wise, 1 Blu-Ray equals about 6 DVDs in terms of file space.

(FYI: I only use my DVD+RWs for backing up files as my digital media wouldn't play on DVD players anyway, DRM)
breakdown5
3/21/09 2:51:33PM

Posted by DCRage

A blank Blu-Ray will probably cost, depending on where you buy them, in the $15-30 range. A blank DVD+RW (the format I generally use) will typically cost anywhere from 60 cents to $2, again depending on where you by them. I usually buy mine in packs of 25, which usually cost $15-25 (once again depending on where, I usually go to Best Buy, Target, or Office Depot). Space-wise, 1 Blu-Ray equals about 6 DVDs in terms of file space.

(FYI: I only use my DVD+RWs for backing up files as my digital media wouldn't play on DVD players anyway, DRM)

The DVDs I burn myself will play on my dvd player with the occasional F up (skipping, pausing, audio coming out of sync). I have one of the cheapest DVD players available (like $30) and it will play most of them. Higher end DVD players play them with no problem (as does my PC).