DVD collection

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » DVD collection
Pitbull09
7/13/08 2:24:22AM
Ok, I am finally going to start a MMA DVD collect but I still have a budget. $100. Can you guys tell me how you would spend it on a collection if you had no MMA DVDs.

I already am planning to buy TUF 1 for $15 and will prob end up getting UFC 79 (even though there are only two good fights.) One of the best things you could tell me is what Pride Tournament is worth buying. I want to get the LHW one with Wandy, Chuck, and Rampage btu if there is better, feel free to tell me.
joshryanshepherd
7/13/08 2:28:54AM
i have a lil collection-

UFC

and a bunch of KOTC and TUF 3

but i would say get the TUFs at all costs and 80 81 and 82 are just in stores so i would grab those!
Naturaldisaster
7/13/08 2:47:06AM
I have
ufc
43,44,45,46,47,48,50,52,52,53,54,55,56,57,58,59,61,62,63,64,65,66,67,70,71, 76,77,79,80,81,82, tuf 1,2,3, ultimate iceman,
pride
17,18,20,21,22, bushido1,2,3,9 shockwave 05,
2 kotc 10 disc sets,
Rumble on the rock 4,5,6,7,8
Icon: Mayhem vs. vitale
Superbrawl: rising, destiny
Elite XC Renegade.

If I were you I'd try to go to a place that sells used dvds and cd, I got a bunch of mma dvds there and their cheap. or go to fye, they always have a lot of mma dvds and their not that expensive. best buy is pretty cheap to

Pitbull09
7/13/08 2:58:34AM
You guys listed orgs like Elite and KOTC. What are the best dvds for them and also what would the best K-1 dvds be if they make them?
Naturaldisaster
7/13/08 3:05:09AM

Posted by Pitbull09

You guys listed orgs like Elite and KOTC. What are the best dvds for them and also what would the best K-1 dvds be if they make them?

for KOTC i'd say get the newer sets, the older ones are really a bunch of fat bikers or a bunch of guys who just thought they'd give it a try. althought the 1-10 set did have joe stevenson, Tiki, and somemore guys that a bigger now, but most of the fights are pretty quick (if you wanna call them fights). Kotc underground worldwide is a good set.
I have elite XC renegade and my friend has destiny. both of those are really good.
if you see any Rumble On the Rock dvds, I would get them if I were you. I love my 4-8 box set. Its really good.
Superbrawl has a bunch of hawiians on it and an occasional muay thai fight, but its pretty good, mine have a rich franklin fight, jeff curran, doerkson, mayhem, vitale.

and if you go to best buy you can get the kotc box sets that have 10 events for like 8.99 sometimes.
cmill21
7/13/08 3:17:42AM
I have never come across a K-1 dvd. As for good Pride dvd's Final Conflict 05 is a must have, Critical countdown 04, shockwave 06, Critical countdown 05, and as you mentioned the total elimination 03 is a great one. Also there are a number of great Bushido events such as 12, and bushido 9. I personally loved Bushido 9.
Naturaldisaster
7/13/08 3:20:32AM

Posted by cmill21

I have never come across a K-1 dvd. As for good Pride dvd's Final Conflict 05 is a must have, Critical countdown 04, shockwave 06, Critical countdown 05, and as you mentioned the total elimination 03 is a great one. Also there are a number of great Bushido events such as 12, and bushido 9. I personally loved Bushido 9.

9 was great. I loved the tourny
Pitbull09
7/13/08 4:36:19AM
Thanks guys, I tried to prop everyone but I have to "spread the love." Once I prop other ppl Ill come back to here and give you one.
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 5:39:18AM
If you wanna get alot of fights cheap, I would recomment any KOTC box set.. you get a ton of fights for 15-20$.. like 4 discs.

Also you really need to grab a pride box set.. i think they are 29$ for a bunch of full dvds.. see where pride started, watch saku, ranzo, igor, kerr, all the greats rise.. and watch kerr fall, lol druggy
Jipper
7/13/08 6:10:06AM
$100?

Blockbuster/Netflix movie pass = $19.95+Tax
100 pack DVD+R's = $24.95+tax
DVD burner (if you don't already have one) = $44.95+tax
DVDfab Platinum w/ patch = Free Download (with a little time to find it)
A little time and effort to get everything recorded = Free

Total Costs = $89.85 +tax

Having 100 MMA DVD's = Priceless
(This post was solely meant to be a joke. I do not condone any of the above tactics and would never do it myself. )
zephead
7/13/08 9:26:00AM
I have every UFC on DVD. Every Pride. Every King Of the Cage. Every Hook-n-Shoot. Every Bushido. If Sherdog sells it, I bought it. The Mrs. an I went out and bought a really nice DVD cabinet. A nice cherry wood one that cost $500.00 and holds 450 DVD.s. I filled it up just with my MMA DVD's. Man was she pissed because we have like 400 movies.

I found that once I started buying them, I couldn't stop.
warglory
7/13/08 10:34:34AM
First off, begin by buying your DVDs online as opposed to Best Buy or another retailer. You can hit up amazon.com and buy them for like 20-30% less than in the stores.

As for starters, $100 would be very well spent on the PRIDE legacy collections. You can get all of them (which is basically PRIDE 1-25 or something like that) for between 8 and 15 bucks when you buy them used, and only a bit more if you buy them new through Amazon. You more or less will have the entire history of PRIDE numbered events. Very good investment.
Mayhem13
7/13/08 10:38:57AM
PRDIE BUSHIDO 9- that would be my first pick up!
Rush
7/13/08 10:58:12AM

Posted by Pitbull09

Ok, I am finally going to start a MMA DVD collect but I still have a budget. $100. Can you guys tell me how you would spend it on a collection if you had no MMA DVDs.

I already am planning to buy TUF 1 for $15 and will prob end up getting UFC 79 (even though there are only two good fights.) One of the best things you could tell me is what Pride Tournament is worth buying. I want to get the LHW one with Wandy, Chuck, and Rampage btu if there is better, feel free to tell me.

You can get the Pride Legacy DVD sets. They are about 3-5$ per event.
masodd
7/13/08 11:59:33AM
Definately Get UFC 80-82. When Pride 33 comes out get that and pride 34. UFC 65 is really good too also 60.Pride 25 is good too
mkiv9secsupra
7/13/08 12:02:55PM
on a budget you can get the PRIDE legacy collections 1through 5 for 75 dollars. 25 dvds for that price is the best for the budget
Naturaldisaster
7/13/08 1:05:49PM

Posted by masodd

Definately Get UFC 80-82. When Pride 33 comes out get that and pride 34. UFC 65 is really good too also 60.Pride 25 is good too

pride 33 is out now, I almost bought it yesterday but it was $20 and I only had 15
Manfred
7/13/08 1:52:01PM
With a budget of $100, I'd make Mininova and Nero your two new best friends.
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 3:28:42PM
Also dont count out the warez websites.. I download ufc 1-40 all for free.. check out warez-bb.. Its also a great way to see the PPVs for free if u cant watch them live.. then just download em about 3-6 hours after they air. If you wanna download them fast tho u may need a rapidshare acount but thats only 10$
warglory
7/13/08 4:56:10PM

Posted by jkdskinhead

Also dont count out the warez websites.. I download ufc 1-40 all for free.. check out warez-bb.. Its also a great way to see the PPVs for free if u cant watch them live.. then just download em about 3-6 hours after they air. If you wanna download them fast tho u may need a rapidshare acount but thats only 10$

But you don't get the pride of showing off your collection of DVDs, plus, DVDs are infinitely better in quality than the best rips and often contain extras.
cmill21
7/13/08 5:05:07PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by jkdskinhead

But you don't get the pride of showing off your collection of DVDs, plus, DVDs are infinitely better in quality than the best rips and often contain extras.

Yeah, my brothers and I like to watch Pride dvd's before UFC's, it's acctually always a good day of fights.
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 10:15:54PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by jkdskinhead

Thats not true.. You can download the high definition rips.. they are 1080 or 720 resolution which are way better then the 480 retial dvds.

and though its hard you can also find the complete dvd ripped without being compressed. its ready to go in .iso format so just get a dual layer dvds and burn it.

you can take the HD rip and burn them too.. then you have better dvds then the retail stores sell.. just print out the dvd cover and disc label on glossy paper and your good to go.. this will cost you about 2$ or supplies, where as a regular dvd would be like $14.95.. or if they have hd ufc dvds (i dunno havent bought any ufcs since they been recording in hd) i assume they are about 30$
warglory
7/13/08 10:26:38PM

Posted by jkdskinhead

Posted by warglory

Posted by jkdskinhead

Thats not true.. You can download the high definition rips.. they are 1080 or 720 resolution which are way better then the 480 retial dvds.

and though its hard you can also find the complete dvd ripped without being compressed. its ready to go in .iso format so just get a dual layer dvds and burn it.

you can take the HD rip and burn them too.. then you have better dvds then the retail stores sell.. just print out the dvd cover and disc label on glossy paper and your good to go.. this will cost you about 2$ or supplies, where as a regular dvd would be like $14.95.. or if they have hd ufc dvds (i dunno havent bought any ufcs since they been recording in hd) i assume they are about 30$

Or you could just walk into the store and steal one, then it would be free.
jkdskinhead
7/13/08 10:31:04PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by jkdskinhead

Posted by warglory

Posted by jkdskinhead

Or you could just walk into the store and steal one, then it would be free.

Then your at a much greater chance of getting caught :).. and ur taking money from your community, not a major corporation like Zuffa.. but then again if its walmart
mrsmiley
7/13/08 10:44:32PM
My DVD collection

UFC 1,2,43,44,45,46,47,49,50,Ultimate Knockouts 1,Ultimate Knockouts 2.

Rites of Passage
IFC Caged Combat
PRIDE Final Conflict 03,PRIDE Total Elimanation 05,PRIDE Grand PRIX 2000
PRIDE Final Conflict 04,PRIDE Total Elimanation 04,PRIDE Bad to the bone,
PRIDE Final Conflict 05,PRIDE Return of the Warriors,PRIDE Fully Loaded,
PRIDE Critical Countdown 04,PRIDE Legacy 1-5,PRIDE Body Blow,
PRIDE Shockwave 04,Pride Cold Fury 2,PRIDE Bushido 1,PRIDE Bushido 2,
PRIDE High Octane,PRIDE Beast From the East,PRIDE Championship Chaos 2,PRIDE Raging Rumble,PRIDE Championship Chaos,PRIDE Clash of the Titans,PRIDE armed and Ready.

The Best of ADDC Volume 2,IVC 2,WFA1,WFA2,WFA3,Colluesium 2000,Bachelor Bas gone wild,Bas Rutten Big DVD's of Combat,Bas Rutten MMA career,Gracies in action volume 1.

Out of my collection,I would recommend Bas Ruttens MMA career,PRIDE Final Conflict 03.Their all good but I would recommend them 2 if you could afford them.